Weapons & Equip Hats--Randomly Spawning Vanities Obtained By Killing Hat-Wearing Mobs

ImmortalWisp

Terrarian
image.png

What Are Hats?

Hats come in many different shapes, colors, and sizes in real life. Sadly, Terraria does not contain too many solo head vanities. This idea was created to change that.

image.png

Mobs like Doctor Bones and Rune Wizards drop their 'clothes.' But not many other mobs so that, though they should. To fix that, there should be new items called 'Hats' which can spawn on any mob at any time. These 'hats' can be found both in prehardmode and hardmode, and, unlike the hat of Doctor Bones, can be found on any mob.

image.png

How Many Hats Are There, and What Are They?

Each hat is pretty rare to find on a mob, but with more than 30 hats, it is not uncommon to see a monster wearing one. Some hats include:

Party Hat

Fireworks Hat

image.png
image.png

Helicopter Cap
image.png
image.png

Sun Hat
image.png
image.png

Straw Hat

image.png
image.png

Stove Pipe Hat
image.png
image.png

Backwards Cap
image.png
image.png

image.png

Please Keep In Mind That These are Only A Few Hats, and More Will Be Added To This Thread Soon. Thanks @BryTheGamer for sprites!

Cheers,

@ImmortalWisp

Last edited:
This needs much work. Would this make sense? I mean, I would like too see a thing in vanilla that sometimes, heads of humanoid monsters drop respectively. But just hats dropping from everything don't make sense. They could be sellable by clothier for killing/getting some stuff. This needs MUCH work, and at least some sprites. No support for now.

Unbenannt.PNG

Unbenannt1.PNG

Pls play enough Terraria and see what is ingame before making Suggestions pls
Just saying

I know that you can get that, I play Terraria quite a lot. This would be another way.
I really like the concept of this, but this would need some work, as EchoNex said.
Maybe make hats drop from specific enemies (not one enemy, but like 3 to 6).
And if you're lookin' for sprites, I'd be willin' to help out!

Yep, just here to voice similar opinions to the others.
While this certainly can be a great idea, it needs more details to do so:
A. Hats shouldn't drop from every mob. Blanket items (EG souls and such) always have a reason to be dropped. If limited to a few enemies, these enemies should be relevant to Hats in some way (perhaps a Halloween drop, or Harpies dropping Helicopter Hats?).
B- With said modifications, the idea still needs much more detail. What would the drop chance be? Rarity? Would there be any tool tip? How about some kind of reasoning behind mobs wearing hats if you don't plan on making specific drops? Are the items craftable, or sold as well (which would make sense, being vanity that can probably be crafted with in game items.
C- Finally, wrapping up the more detailed shpeel, if you don't plan on spriting these items yourself (I recommend you try, practice always helps), please give interested spriters some description (a general look, colors, etc.).
As soon as some details are added, I'd be more than happy to support, but no support right now :)

Reactions: Bry
Back
Top Bottom