Blocks & Decoration Have a block that prevents ghost mobs from coming in and people from teleporting in

AnselSD

Terrarian
So, I have this suggestion on having a block that prevents those ghost mobs (wraiths, reaper) from going into the enclosed space of the block and from players from teleporting into the enclosed space of the block (like a base with this block as a border). For the stronger enemies like bosses they could have the ability or power to ignore the block all in all.

It's been suggested before, but it can't be suggested enough. I definitely support this.

I'm not too interested in players not being able to teleport in. Players that want to grief could wreak havoc with a high end pickaxe or rocket IV's anyway. (The game could have used an option to make maps read-only to people that you don't trust, so that they wouldn't be able to destroy tiles or take items from chests.)
But I'd love to make underground habitats that are safe from wraiths and anything else that floats through tiles.

Stone, Luminite and Ectoplasm sounds like a nice recipe.
The Luminite would make it an end-game and costly thing, so people don't have to worry about it being overpowered (which it really isn't anyway).

Supported. Not just for game mechanics. It would make server management a bit easier if areas meant to be restricted (like custom dungeons) can't just be bypassed with the RoD.

Well, you could nerf this block to affect only Wraiths, Reapers, etc. from penetrating and/or leaving the encased area, also hinders RoD ability, like what @Kojiro_S said. Could be used to make a storyline area for RPGs.

Overall, that means you won't need to build your houses up in the sky to keep those noclips from killing your NPCs :D

Edit: Probably the block will affect worms too, and will probably be a background object, so you can just place Lihzahrds on them and make only your trusted friends own the Picksaw/better.

This would also be usefull for some guy on another thread who left an afk farm running and came back and he had been killed ad whan he read the marker it said he was slain by spasmatism

This would also be usefull for some guy on another thread who left an afk farm running and came back and he had been killed ad whan he read the marker it said he was slain by spasmatism
Bosses should not ever be affected by this though. They're bosses for a reason.
If you can just block their passage, then it'll be way too easy to just trap every boss and kill them with traps or weapons that go through tiles.

Bosses should not ever be affected by this though. They're bosses for a reason.
If you can just block their passage, then it'll be way too easy to just trap every boss and kill them with traps or weapons that go through tiles.
Unless it also blocked wall piercing weapons.

They're called wall piercing for a reason. Removing that feature will make everyone get their Daybreak since their Solar Eruption won't work.
Unlikely. It seems like a fair trade off to me, enemies can't get to you through the wall, and you can't attack them. People will use whatever weapons they like.

Unless it also blocked wall piercing weapons.
Then people will use traps or build walls with holes in them to shoot out from. And people way more creative than me will find dozens of ways to cheese bosses.
Nope, bosses should always be allowed their full freedom to get you.

Then people will use traps or build walls with holes in them to shoot out from. And people way more creative than me will find dozens of ways to cheese bosses.
Nope, bosses should always be allowed their full freedom to get you.
Oh I agree that Bosses should still be able to get through(though I wouldn't mind being able to keep the Destroyer from killing my entire NPC hotel at once lol) I'm just trying to think of a good trade off for being able to block enemies mobs that can pass through walls.

If those bosses could be trapped in these blocks Moon Lord would be broken. So, yeah they should be allowed to pass.

I really like this idea, but just wondering how would you obtain them? Maybe a recipe with Hardmode metals and ectoplasm? All in all though, I really like this idea! (Maybe you cold call the block a Phantom Barrier?)

Back
Top Bottom