Have Martain Madness requirements changed?

ED209

Plantera
Hi,

I've been building some test arenas in 1.4.1 and for some reason the Martians aren't appearing. The probe spotted me, and the background animation is active, but there's none mobs spawning.

I'm at the centre of the map and I've got two NPC houses next to me.

Have the spawn requirements changed since 1.3?

Thanks.

Are you in Journey Mode? If enemy spawns are disabled, then invasions won't spawn either.

I don't think that makes much sense, as the probe did spawn to trigger, but just to be sure.

Are you in Journey Mode? If enemy spawns are disabled, then invasions won't spawn either.

I don't think that makes much sense, as the probe did spawn to trigger, but just to be sure.
Spawns are normal, I even tried it on x10, but I just got the normal mobs.

Was another event going at the time? Pirates, goblins, Frost Legion?
Nope. The Martian appeared briefly on a random patch of ground when the NPCs were homeless, but when I moved them into the houses next to the arena they stopped spawning again.

Nope. The Martian appeared briefly on a random patch of ground when the NPCs were homeless, but when I moved them into the houses next to the arena they stopped spawning again.
Maybe you were in the air. Most enemies need blocks to spawn (with exceptions, like harpies)

Maybe you were in the air. Most enemies need blocks to spawn (with exceptions, like harpies)
I know that mobs need blocks. The arena I'm using is what I've been testing the Frost Moon on, and I get final wave at around 10pm so it's definitely spawning enough normally.

What difficulty are you on? Cause in classic I think npcs slow spawns, but in expert it doesn't as much. It probably doesn't apply to invasions, but its worth a shot I suppose.

I would try activating a blood moon or a solar eclipse. Both vastly improve spawn rates and thats how I always did my probe spawning.

What difficulty are you on? Cause in classic I think npcs slow spawns, but in expert it doesn't as much. It probably doesn't apply to invasions, but its worth a shot I suppose.
Invasions actually require NPCs to start; invasion mobs only spawn in towns, or at the centre of the map.
I would try activating a blood moon or a solar eclipse. Both vastly improve spawn rates and thats how I always did my probe spawning.
As I mentioned, the probe spawned fine, and the background is full of the UFO animation, but the actual enemies aren't showing up.

As I mentioned, the probe spawned fine, and the background is full of the UFO animation, but the actual enemies aren't showing up.
My apologies, I misread apparently. This was a known glitch on the Xbox One version. The only fix I found was to wait “patiently“ at spawn. Curious, is there a progress bar?

My apologies, I misread apparently. This was a known glitch on the Xbox One version. The only fix I found was to wait “patiently“ at spawn. Curious, is there a progress bar?
Nope. I went back to spawn (not at the centre, I moved it with TEdit) and they arrived. But they should be spawning wherever there are NPC at surface level.

Hi,
I've been building some test arenas in 1.4.1 and for some reason the Martians aren't appearing. The probe spotted me, and the background animation is active, but there's none mobs spawning.
I'm at the centre of the map and I've got two NPC houses next to me.
Have the spawn requirements changed since 1.3?

Thanks.
Is time frozen? Spawn rates 0?

Nope, none of that. As I mentioned, they arrive at spawn, but not towns.
Well, if they're arriving at spawn, that's the way invasions normally work, so from my observations it sounds like the invasion is working as intended.

Well, if they're arriving at spawn, that's the way invasions normally work, so from my observations it sounds like the invasion is working as intended.
But they're not invading the towns, meaning I'm much more limited in where I can build the arena.

But they're not invading the towns, meaning I'm much more limited in where I can build the arena.
Them invading the spawn point is probably easier to build an arena for, because you don't have to worry about keeping NPCs anywhere near your arena, plus it's a better spawn rate at the spawn for the invasions; I'm not sure if you moving spawn has affected the "~180 blocks from NPCS, invasion monsters spawn at a reduced rate" thing the events page mentions on the wiki when talking about invasions, though... but outside of adding a few events, and moving several drops from the saucer to the invasion monsters as a whole, I don't see any changes that 1.4 did to either.

Back
Top Bottom