tModLoader HavenMod - Chemist class, new weapons, accessories and event!

Fortanono 🌳

Retinazer
Hey guys! So I'm making a mod for Terraria with a ton of ambitious plans--keep your eyes peeled for the first release! Apply to be either a coder or spriter by joining Discord and DMing either me or 2grufs!
Also, WE HAVE MERGED WITH @Giga's PROJECT IX MOD! Thank you and expect to see its content here.

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/7yJH28T

CORALITE TIER:
Coralite is an ore found buried in the sand and encrusted on the enemies of the ocean. It's quite sturdy and is useful for melee and ranged weaponry, but lacks the arcane energy needed to make magical gear.

CRYOGEL TIER:

Cryogel Ore spawns in the Underground Snow after using a Frozen Slime Core, dropped by King Slime. It's a very simple tier, but contains everything from swords to spears to guns to water guns? Yeah, look at the Chemist Class spoiler for that. No special effects, though. Also has a very powerful amulet accessory.

DEADLORD TIER:

The Deadlord set is made of metal scraps left behind by a cursed demon sword. There's not much you can do with it for bows and guns, but the material is excellent in blades and magical weapons. If you combine a gold or platinum broadsword with some bones and Hellstone bars, you just might be able to bring this demon to your world...

MAGMITE TIER:
Magmite is a molten material found deep underground. While it's not quite as hot as Hellstone, it's still a very powerful material. You can use this ore to create melee and magic gear.

OLYMPIUM TIER:

The Olympium tier is purely melee. No projectiles or frills. You get the bars from combining Cobalt and Palladium Bars with Marble Blocks. So if it's melee, why's it so special? Well, while using it, you inflict a devastating Greek Fire debuff upon anyone that you touch with it, inflicting over 30 damage per second, as well as ichor for some of the closer-ranged weapons. Currently has a sword, shortsword, spear and boomerang.

ASTRALITE TIER:
While Wyverns are generally unremarkable, a few carry a treasure known as an Astralite Crystal. This crystal can be used to craft advanced guns and magical staves, and is highly valued among traders.

PYRITE TIER:
Pyrite Chunks are a very useful substitute for gold, as the Pirates found. The Pirate Invasion's precious golden furniture can be melted down to yield this material, making three staves, a few throwing items and a bow.

GLACITE TIER:
Glacite is a rare material that is formed when ice fuses with metals. It's very hard and posseses strong arcane energy, making it great for swords and magic weapons.

APOCLITE TIER:
Apoclite is a highly dangerous and unstable material found deep below the surface of the world. Due to it's explosive properties, it's commonly used in ranged and magical weaponry.

GALAXIUM TIER:
Galaxium is an incredibly rare material not found in our world. More info TBA because we're dealing with buggy boss code.
The Chemist Class is fun. Long story short, its weapons are literally useless, mostly water guns or electronic circuits. Thankfully, there are substances that can react with these weapons' attacks to make them more powerful than most weaponry of similar tier. For example, equipping a Potassium Chunk will make water guns shoot purple fireballs. Alternatively, equipping a Jungle Blossom will make them fire homing petals. Electronic weapons utilize noble gases to create powerful projectiles.
GLOBLER:
A gigantic Drippler. Summons rings of blood and other Dripplers. Drop table and summoning TBA.

COWBOY INVASION:
You make a Desert Skull from the bones in the Dungeon, and suddenly, cowboys are pillaging. Covered Wagons slowly roll up onto your doorstep. Men with leather hats gun you down. And snake charmers place down their specially trained breed, just for you, to fight. They all carry bullets and ale to use in battle, and their defeat will allow a new sheriff to move in.

KINGSBANE:
A gigantic sword. Shoots other swords. Summoned with a combination of Bones and Hellstone Bars.

LATEST SPOILERS:
Globler (CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR FIGHT):
Pyrite Burst Staff:
Lumber Pile:
https://media.giphy.com/media/WysgFpc0cORBIaU4tM/giphy.gif
Chemist Class:

Tinfoil Brain:
TinfoilBrain.PNG
Planned content for version 1.0:
  • A few new random weapons and accessories
  • 3 new weapon tiers
  • A unique new class of damage
  • A new invasion event
In the future:
  • An alt Hallow biome using some code from the "BiomeLibs" mod
  • Possibly more cool biomes
  • Bosses! Also a ton of new events, I've always found those more fun than bosses because your choice of weapons is broader
  • Expansion on this new damage class
The team:
  • @Fortanono - project manager, coder and idea guy
  • @2grufs - lead spriter
  • @Vex1543 - lead coder and spriter
  • @ok cool - also lead coder
  • @Giga - coder and spriter
  • Olimarth (no TCF account) - spriter
  • CrossKnight07 (TCF account unknown) - spriter
Thanks to:
  • @KittyKitCatCat - Developer of Endurium Mod, basically designed the Globler boss AI for us for whatever reason
  • @Ninomancer - Our original spriter, fleshed out the original style for the mod
  • @zadum4ivii and @Laugic - for open-sourcing their mods. Seriously the most important part of me learning to mod Terraria.
  • @Dradonhunter11 - for the "BiomeLibs" mod that'll almost certainly come in handy later, and for offering me help on Discord shall I need it

Last edited:
I'm not sure how things go down in the coding world, but you could probably just have WOF spawn with a slight change
Might just make a replica but that would confuse people is they have other mods installed with WoF drops. Plus, kinda feels lazy. So I'll try to make a new boss.

FIRST SPOILER SATURDAY!

I've always felt the Brain of Confusion was useless compared to its Corruption counterpart (even if Golden Shower/Cursed Flames more than balances that out)... So here's a nice tinker!
TinfoilBrain.PNG

Also welcome @Ninomancer to the team! He's been spriting most of the stuff for me!

i like the first spoiler. a lot, actually. also, i unfortunately don't intend to be a spriter but if i see an interesting idea, i might actually try drawing and making pixel art of it.

i like the first spoiler. a lot, actually. also, i unfortunately don't intend to be a spriter but if i see an interesting idea, i might actually try drawing and making pixel art of it.
Alright, thanks man! There'll be a lot more items like that for parity. No promises, but maybe even better Cobalt/Mythril/Adamantite armors using a drop from Possessed Armor.

Oh yeah, I saw your lib for it! I'm hoping I can figure it out.
I planned to push a massive update at some point which will add some massive customization (prolly after tml infinity) which will honestly make biome a lot easier and alt a lot easier (already have hell alt and hallow alt in there)

I planned to push a massive update at some point which will add some massive customization (prolly after tml infinity) which will honestly make biome a lot easier and alt a lot easier (already have hell alt and hallow alt in there)
That would be so useful. And a hell alt would be amazing too, actually. Because you already saw the way I'm adding the new Hallow. (Or would it be easier to just apply it post-WoF?)

EDIT: You have a method for it. Forgot about this! Thanks so much!

Honestly I’d love to help, I’m currently improving my sprites, still a little shaken, and I am also learning c# for a small deltarune inspired mod, so if there’s anything u may need, just dm, or something.

Attached is a thing i did, pretty bad, but ima gettin better.

(Edit: I understand confidence, but take it slow, so many good mods in concept, but rushed to the point of being buggy as hell, so take it slow, I’d love to see this come to fruition, and that’s take time.)

Ps: focus on code first, then start spriting.

Attachments

• 234F890D-FB0A-449C-8D9A-E104530FE611.png
    234F890D-FB0A-449C-8D9A-E104530FE611.png
    719 bytes · Views: 200
With the BOC 2, what if you wear a trifold map?
That'll be something I have to check out. But it doesn't give you the debuff, there's a specific method that confuses the player. That makes it so it doesn't add to the buff cap.

EDIT: Trifold Map does nothing to break the accessory. You're stuck with the confusion.

Last edited:
SPOILER SATURDAY: So @Vex1543 has been working hard on a throwing weapon for a new tier - Pyrite! Pyrite is melted down from golden furniture, with each piece giving you the number it would normally take to craft that furniture. Here's a video:

SPOILER SATURDAY: So @Vex1543 has been working hard on a throwing weapon for a new tier - Pyrite! Pyrite is melted down from golden furniture, with each piece giving you the number it would normally take to craft that furniture. Here's a video:

btw this is a little old, but the knife should relatively function the same, i just tweaked damage

Yo guys, new Spoiler for TEASER THURSDAY. Today I'd like to introduce you to the Chemist Class, a class that has some of the strongest weapons for each tier, such as homing early on. It comes at the cost that you must place "reactants" in your accessory slots to activate your weapons. So, ultra-powerful character, reduced capacity in whatever stats you deem least deserving of accessories. Could be knockback immunity, could be a double jump, but you have at least one less accessory slot with this guy... Use his power wisely.

Pardon the placeholder sprites. I have a spoiler to show the first few reactants for our first water-based weapon, the Slime Spurt. We are facing off against King Slime in this clip.

Back
Top Bottom