Having Trouble Beating Mechanical Bosses (Solo)

UglyStru

Terrarian
So I've got all Adamantite armor and headgear and I've got the Mana Flower, Obsidian Shield, Lightning Boots, Pixie Wings, and Magic Cuffs equipped (all with defense mods). I don't have a lot of gold to reforge, nor do I have any good spells or magic weapons. My most powerful weapon is a Flower of Fire staff (which has the range of a :red:ing tissue in a tornado), followed by the Adamantite Sword. I suck at dodging their attacks (especially the Twins). I can barely even touch these guys without them tearing me to shreds, but I'm not having much luck with finding any good weapons either.

Any suggestions? I'm playing solo btw.

I suggest you get these items to help you kill the destroyer which will let you kill the other bosses easily: 1 is the shield of Cthulhu which is obtained from expert mode eye of Cthulhu. 2 is the Daedalus storm bow, which s a 25% drop from hallowed mimics. They can either be found or take 15 souls of light at a work bench to craft a key of light. Put it in an empty chest and run away quickly. These guys are strong. 3 goes along with the storm bow and they are holy arrows. Crafted with unicorn horns and other hallowed things, whatever these arrows hit will absolutely destroy them with raining stars.
[DOUBLEPOST=1453119733,1453119600][/DOUBLEPOST]If your doing a magic play through, use the golden shower (can only get is world is Crimson) and the crystal serpent which is a rare weapon found from fishing in the hallow
[DOUBLEPOST=1453119905][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, if this doesn't help, if you don't want to do an all Mage play through then get adamantite helmet for max defense and what ever melee weapon you can find that isn't a sword and your good (but you can also use and weapon, it's just the set bonus helping you more for melee)

If you're planning on doing the fights in mage armor, expect to feel like you're protected with tissue paper; they've got the lowest defenses across the board (except maybe summoner armors, which aren't even as commonplace as the other three).

As Night Of The Sun suggested, the Golden Shower (uses ichor, a Hardmode Crimson-only drop) would be useful for taking out the bosses. If you can lay your hands on a spider cave, farming enough fangs to make the queen spider staff will help even if you're not a summoner, as it spawns a spider-themed turret, basically.
Outside of that, you could try to get crystals from underground hallow for use in the crystal storm spell (the pellets are fast, like a megashark's shot, have a half decent base damage at 25, and cost 4 mana a shot, so you could spam it); you'll want some crystals anyway for the magic harp you can make after beating the twins (the notes from that pierce).
As a set of pre-hard suggestions, water bolt and demon scythe can try to be useful if you can't assemble anything else, especially if you can dodge well enough to not get hit by the boss you fight, as you try and have demon scythe's charge up spin hit them; water bolt's best used only if you have a solid block roof for wherever you're fighting to take advantage of its ability to bounce with cheap cost (but low damage).

Otherwise, spears and melee armor are useful to try and not die so much.

I will try those, thank you. As for armor, would you recommend I wear full Palladium for the life regen or full Adamantite for the defense?

*sigh* I guess I'll be clocking outta this game with 52/88 achievements. I tried taking down the Destroyer and failed miserably. I only got him down to half-health before the night ended (and I started the battle at 7:30pm). I can't inflict enough damage on him, my DPS is such :red:. I have terrible luck with loot drops. I've been trying to get an Uzi all day. I must have killed at least 150 of those chompers in the jungle with no success. All my staves are awful. I can't get that Daedalus bow; I used all my Souls of Light up to craft those damn Mimics and got nothing out of it. This game might just be too grind-heavy for me I guess. Hardmode has been more frustrating than fun.

Medusa Head makes mincemeat of Eater of Worlds - if you can set your arena up right it should make short work of Destroyer.

Try to play the game through in normal mode first and then expert. NEVER start with expert mode without knowing what things do on normal mode

Just try normal mode and the destroyer is pi
[DOUBLEPOST=1453235074,1453235054][/DOUBLEPOST]I mean pie

Back
Top Bottom