Story Heart of the Villagers

Banette

Steampunker
Welcome to my first story on these forums! I would like to introduce you to Heart of the Villagers. It is a story about the lore of Terraria from different NPC's point of view. I do realize my writing quality will probably not be the best. I may or may not include some suggestions in the comments. If you really support this and like it, feel free to make a support bannermajigger. I will post a new chapter every 1-2 mornings, so the story will not be as fast as some others. Lastly, I'm sorry, but there will be no Table of Contents so you will have to scroll through the story unless you know which page it's on.
Without further ado!

Chapter 1
Hope
I had been watching the moon for several days, now. It seemed the last Waxing Crescent of the season would never come. I took out my binoculars this night, and saw the First Quarter. Tomorrow, I thought. Good. I went back to my hole, and read what the Newplayer would need to know, first thing tomorrow, and if he would listen to my advice. I hoped so. The last one got mauled by a Twiggy Zombie.

Chapter 2
Webbed

A small pool of water overflowed nearby, passing over a small vein of platinum. I wished I had actually brought something down here, like at least a pickaxe, or something, to mine all these shiny things. I could get SO RICH! It's Esmeralda who told me to go down here, she told me that there would be only a few avoidable dangers, so I brought nothing. I think she'd be jealous of all the shiny colours my hair could get...

I really cannot find ANY Mushrooms for my Mana recipe, I could really make a fortune selling that to a Travelling Merchant of some kind or even the Newplayer himself...
I reasoned they must be deeper. After all, I hadn't found anything extraordinary, and only one Trap so far. Yes, they must be deeper.

I stepped blindly over a boulder trap, and looked down into a small shaft. It didn't seem far. I dropped in. I soon found myself at a large web. Interesting, I thought. Too bad I hadn't brought my scissors. Oh well. I could collect it by hand. The threads would surely prove wonderful for many garments and my Remover. I could already hear Roxanne absolutely squealing in jealousy. As a thought about how beneficial this trip was to me, I stepped forward a bit too far...

Last edited:
Chapter 3
A Peaceful Beach

As I crested the sand, a saw a small crab. Hopping around it, I flopped down and played in the sand for a bit. I tried to make a sandcastle, but there was no water. It shattered. I stood up, and kept trudging along. I really was tired. As yet I passed another palm tree, I narrowly avoided concussion from a coconut, but then I saw what I had been looking for. A vast expanse of blue.

Picking up a seashell, I examined a nearby starfish. It appeared to be dead. I approached the ocean, took out my Sulphur Butterfly, and rod. And I cast. After a few moments, I felt a tug. At my feet lay a flopping Rockfish. I took out my fishpan, and tossed the small beast onto it.

I decided I should check what these waters held. I put on my swim gear and diving helmet, and sunk in. Oh, the water was heavenly. Yes, I would stay here, peaceful, at rest, where nothing could hurt me. I took off my helmet and my necklace and floated on top of the gentle seascape, closing my eyes to rest.

Chapter 4
A Newplayer
As the small beast hopped towards me, I took yet another arrow out of my quiver. I really did need a better weapon and a better talent. The sun was almost at its midpoint. I shot a few more slimes. Then a person appeared. Where expected. I rushed over to guide them. They promptly dug a hole, dropped in, and filled it up. Interesting, I thought. I wondered if by some miracle they would make it back. Those whippersnappers got into trouble real quick. On my Tally Counter, the count for Purple Slime went from 16 to 17.

Sorry for late post/short chapter but after spending 10 hours then 2 hours layover then another 2 hours in the plane I didn't feel like writing much.:nursesigh:

Lo siento chicos sin historia de hoy, ya es demasiado tarde y no tengo ninguna inspiración. Mañana por la mañana.

Sorry guys no story today, it's too late and I don't have any inspiration. Tomorrow morning.

Chapter 5
A Resilient Hope
The Newplayer had been gone for a while now. I was surprised to not hear a murmur in my brain at every second that passed. I was thankful, though. Occasionally, having "George was ionized by Bone" being repeated in your head is a bit annoying.

As I returned over the hill, I realized that I would probably have to wait another two weeks for another Newplayer. Too bad. Passing the Start, I heard a strange ZING! behind me. I turned around to look in awe at the Newplayer, present holding a mirror with a yoyo dangling from his finger marked with a snail, and standing in front of me in a full suit of tungsten armour, obviously trying to not vomit from the effects of some sort of potion whose bottle lay on the ground. Stepping back away from me, he shook a few lava droplets from his slightly singed armour. Perhaps he was the one.

"That was close", he mumbled. "Those darned Lava Slimes"! He asked me if I could tell him what he could do with some mahogany he had collected, and I told him it was like normal wood. He sighed, and handed me a few silver coins. I was impressed. Few were that generous. He then sprinted to the top of the hill, and I, assuming he had run off on another adventure. Preparing my hole, I put my kettle on to boil and set my beef to cook. Going outside, I saw the Newplayer upon the hill, waiting for some villagers to move into his newly constructed houses. Perhaps I would have some friends, after all, I thought in amazement. And a teenage girl appeared beside the Newplayer. He wrinkled his nose, and indicated for me to come...

Finally back guys, here's a cookie.

Back
Top Bottom