Official Heavy Hearts, The Passing of Jestex

I really wish I was around the TCF earlier. This may sound silly, but I wish I felt the sorrow you guys do. He sounded like a cool dude. Oh well.
By the way, how did you guys figure out he was actually dead and not just inactive?
His family reached out. They may well be reading the comments here and on his profile.

---

I hope people will continue to refrain from speculating publicly about details or reasons for this sad event, that won't answer the questions that many of us may be having, and the at the end of the day it's a private matter for his family and close friends to deal with.

His family reached out. They may well be reading the comments here and on his profile.

---

I hope people will continue to refrain from speculating publicly about details or reasons for this sad event, that won't answer the questions that many of us may be having, and the at the end of the day it's a private matter for his family and close friends to deal with.
I've shared links to Jestex's family for this thread, Jestex's TCF profile page (a lot of people paid respects there), and our posts on twitter, discord, and reddit, so yes they've been able to see all the kind things the community has said.

I have already commented on both Jestex's TCF and Steam profile pages, but I would like to make it a little longer here, since I kinda need to talk myself out about Jesse and this seems like the appropriate thread to do so.

I believe it was sometime in 2013 when I first "met" with Jestex. He messaged me whether I wanted to help him with a Terraria texture pack with Clockwork theme. I agreed and especially given what we know today, I am really glad I made that decision. Throughout the 2013-2014 time span we would chat pretty much everyday. Not just about Terraria, but also about your usual everyday things. Chat, play games together, screenshare while spriting and even attempts at voice communication. Simple stuff you might think, but at the time it was all new to me, do these things with a guy that's kilometers away. It just felt special.
I know it's probably a little odd to say it, given it was "only" a year or a year and a half, but I think that during the time we became true friends. Or at least as true as "internet friends" can be. Cheered for each other on a bad day, tried to help with stuff when he or I needed it... That kind of friendship.
Different opinions on the texture pack pretty much let the project die, and that also diminished our connection with each other, eventually going ice cold in late 2015.
Fastforward to 2017, I somewhat reminded him of myself about three weeks ago on his profile page, hoping we could maybe spark something again. Unfortunately, I was too slow, and since this "reminder" I wouldn't contact him again in time. That's something I will regret for quite some time. I am not giving myself any false hope that a potential renewed friendship would change his mind about what was he gonna do, but there will always be this "what if" feeling.

Needless to say, when I found out about this tragedy late on Saturday, I was absolutely crushed and the last three day I spent by remembering all the stuff we used to do together.
If they ever read this, I would like to express my condolences to Jesse's family on their loss. Jesse was an amazing artist talent, even better person being and it's a damn shame he left us so soon.

I have already commented on both Jestex's TCF and Steam profile pages, but I would like to make it a little longer here, since I kinda need to talk myself out about Jesse and this seems like the appropriate thread to do so.

I believe it was sometime in 2013 when I first "met" with Jestex. He messaged me whether I wanted to help him with a Terraria texture pack with Clockwork theme. I agreed and especially given what we know today, I am really glad I made that decision. Throughout the 2013-2014 time span we would chat pretty much everyday. Not just about Terraria, but also about your usual everyday things. Chat, play games together, screenshare while spriting and even attempts at voice communication. Simple stuff you might think, but at the time it was all new to me, do these things with a guy that's kilometers away. It just felt special.
I know it's probably a little odd to say it, given it was "only" a year or a year and a half, but I think that during the time we became true friends. Or at least as true as "internet friends" can be. Cheered for each other on a bad day, tried to help with stuff when he or I needed it... That kind of friendship.
Different opinions on the texture pack pretty much let the project die, and that also diminished our connection with each other, eventually going ice cold in late 2015.
Fastforward to 2017, I somewhat reminded him of myself about three weeks ago on his profile page, hoping we could maybe spark something again. Unfortunately, I was too slow, and since this "reminder" I wouldn't contact him again in time. That's something I will regret for quite some time. I am not giving myself any false hope that a potential renewed friendship would change his mind about what was he gonna do, but there will always be this "what if" feeling.

Needless to say, when I found out about this tragedy late on Saturday, I was absolutely crushed and the last three day I spent by remembering all the stuff we used to do together.
If they ever read this, I would like to express my condolences to Jesse's family on their loss. Jesse was an amazing artist talent, even better person being and it's a damn shame he left us so soon.

I wish I could give this comment more likes - I'm very happy you took the time to write this. Your post hits home on a lot of thoughts about working with Jestex and our friendship. I very much so understand the "What if" feeling as well; I think I can speak for the whole team and tell you a hundred times we all have it.

Thank you again for posting your memories of Jestex and you.

A terrarian taking their own life? i was gonna pay respects on his profile, but it looks like i can't, so i will do it here.

I never known him and never will, but i now know, he shaped some of the TCF community. This is truly sad.

I dont know what to say, honestly. But i will post an f for respects

f

Rest in spaghetti, never forgetti

Hi everyone,

Although I never knew Jestex (being a somewhat new user here) I heard of him, and I've gotten a good look at some of his forum emoticons. Seeing all the posts here, it's just heartwarming to know that people have looked at this thread and shared their memories about him, no matter how big or small, for years. Rest in peace forever Jestex, you are missed by many.

Rest in spaghetti, never forgetti

While I've also never knew jestex, this is a sad thing. A respected forums member passed early 2017. I never got to meet him, but he seemed like such a nice and cool guy with his sprites being amazing. Hopefully, jestex is in heaven having a good time, and making more friends up there to not be lonely.
Rest in piece Jestex, you will never be forgotten, even with the passage of time(Unlike some super mario rpg character that had his name start with G). We all wish you a happy after life. You will never be forgotten as an insanely good spriter. Amen to you man! Amen!
upload_2019-4-1_21-43-38.jpeg

Since this thread is being updated, I figure I might as well say something more. March 23rd, 2018 one of my closest friends ended his life, a little over a year ago. I never saw it coming and it hit me like a ton of bricks. He didn’t give myself or any of my others friends any warning signs. Please, reach out. This thread is old, not much traffic, but if you see this, just know there are people there for you. There’s still a weird void any time I think about how they’re gone.

I can't believe I missed this. I feel like an idiot for not knowing of that. Like Kranberri said, I think it's wrong of me to also leave withou saying something here.

I don't know who was that guy; while I knew this game since 2014 or 2015, I didn't start to play it unill recently. However, I know that suicide is a really terrible thing. I can't believe someone who had a good talent like him would die; he would've likely have potential to help out the team of Vanilla Terraria.

May his soul rest in peace. I wish condolences to his friends and his parents.

holy hell, i just joined this forum to post on this
i didn't even know the existence of this person and i'm very very sad to hear this event happening
i feel guilty for not knowing this person, but it isnt my fault. dont take this as a ''mean thing''
i know everybody talked about this event, but i couldnt resist posting this here
it feels really bad that one of the goldmines and amaizing inspiration for this community has fallen down to this
rest in peace, you didnt deserve this.

Back
Top Bottom