Official Heavy Hearts, The Passing of Jestex

Flippi

Skeletron
1XDrt8o.png

With heavy hearts we have some news to share with you all. Our dear friend @Jestex has passed away. At the young age of 19, Jestex took his own life.

Jestex worked on Super Terraria World (STW) with Flippi and CursedMoose from near the beginning of its conception. What started out as a work relationship on creating a mod for Terraria, quickly grew into a great friendship. Jestex recommended Khaios for the mod and that’s how our team began.

The team has spent countless hours and long nights working on STW together over the years and this could not have been possible without the talent and camaraderie of Jestex, something that will surely be missed.

Not only is Jestex known for his work on the STW mod, but also for his significant contribution to TCF. His astounding work includes making emoticons for the forums, many of which were officially added to the forum or were personalised for users absolutely free of charge, later on going to help develop a piece of software allowing users to make their own emoticons. He also created many pieces of stunning pixel art, once again for no personal gain at the request of fellow users of TCF.

We’ve shed tears when we found out about his passing, but are extremely happy to have known him. We are honored to have spent these past few years together, very closely. It brings us joy that we were able to come together as fans of a video game to create something wonderful. We are happy to have been able to see his artwork and watch him grow his talent. We are proud that Jestex was able to be such a big impact on these forums and the Terraria community. He will be missed greatly by us, and he will forever be in our thoughts and hearts.

SE11Z6a.png

It’s important to remember that people all around you struggle internally, and while you may not have the power to solve all of their issues, you might be able to help them or even yourself just by talking. Please take this moment to reflect on if you can help anyone by talking to them, or if you can reach out for help by talking to those around you. A life could be saved by taking a few moments to talk, and that life saved is worth every moment.

If you are struggling please seek help. Here are suicide crisis hotlines for various countries:

Last edited:
When I heard the news this morning, I was utterly devastated. Not only was Jestex a colleague working on Super Terraria World, I believe that although I hadn't known him for a long time, we had become friends. I remember specifically playing Overwatch with him and having a great time fooling around in custom games and arcade mode. We worked together closely on some behind the scenes stuff for STW, and throughout the roughly 8 months I've had the honour of working with him, he was always a pleasure to work with. My only regret is that I did not get to have more time to get to know him better.

Jesse has been a big part of the forum, with his contributions we outlined in the post above. He will be sorely missed.

Jestex became a very close friend of mine in the year and a half that I was privileged to know him. He is the reason that I have become part of the STW community, and largely why I continue to build in Terraria. I am at a loss for words to describe the deep sadness in my heart. It is my hope that Jestex has found the peace he was looking for. I will miss him immensely.

Words will not ever be able to describe the sorrow I felt when I heard of his passing. I clearly remember the day when I was browsing TCF looking for a pixel artist to help sprite for STW. I never knew messaging him would then lead to all of this sadness. But I've been focusing on all of the great moments we shared over these years as these moments were truly some of the greatest times I've had.

I feel that sharing his memory with you all is the best way to get through this hard time. Thank you all for your support.

Jestex was a true inspiration to all of us. When Flippi and I started Super Terraria World, we weren't sure exactly what our little project would become. We made a bunch of changes, but Super Terraria World didn't look very different from Terraria. One day, Flippi told me he found this incredible pixel artist to start making new things for Super Terraria World. When I first saw his talent, that was the first time I knew this mod would go places, and was worth working on. Jestex later introduced us to Khaios, whose maps caused me to believe for the second time that we had something special. Jestex represented the bridge between idea and reality for us. He brought our ideas to life. We shared a vision for Super Terraria World and a dream of our future together. Now, it feels like all of that is suddenly gone. It's crushing to know that Jestex will no longer be a part of that future, but we will never forget all of the wonderful times we had together.
Jestex will continue to live on in our hearts.

What a truly inspirational and innovative guy he was. While I did not know him on a personal level like some of us here, it was always fun for me to see the sorts of pixel art he would create, and cause ripples of joy through the community with what he had to offer us.

I am deeply saddened to see such a creative individual succumb to life's hardships, and I hope he is in a happier place, for while he is gone, we will not forget him.

This is awful. Jestex made my
PVSYiMI.png
Vulpes' sprite for me. First time I got to talk with him. I did not know him well personally, but understood the impact he had on the community.

Truly saddening. Rest in peace friend. If anyone here is reading this and is feeling the same, just know it gets better. It's never worth it. I know I'm not the first nor am I the last to tell you, but please, just hold on. I've had periods in my life where I've been extremely depressed and thought about the end, but I held on. Honestly, I'm so glad I did. I'm currently in the happiest time of my life. I can't bear to imagine what would've happened had I gone through with those dark thoughts.

You have so much to live for. Please, don't do anything rash, you're worth it. If any of you need help or want to talk, I'm here for you.

Jestex,even if i didn't knew him,it's still someone,someone that counted for the others,may he find peace,Suicide is dangerous for everyone,especially when it's other people,creating this suicide wish,Always remenber,that this can happen anytime because,there is everywhere,people that couldn't support this charge,well

REST in peace my dear unknown friend, Jestex

I don't browse the forums much anymore, but I feel like I need to make a statement here:

Jestex' passing away came out of nowhere to me; I was randomly browsing twitter when I stumbled upon the tweet by the Super Terraria World Twitter account, on which his death was announced. I was shocked to find that out.

My first contact with Jesse was when he made my custom emote (
7FyVQzW.png
). I already was a big fan of his pixel art and I was delighted to see him accomplish my request.
He was a great pixel artist. Few could match his skill.

Before STW blew up, Jestex had a server called Glolia. It was pretty much a vanilla survival, similar to the usual Terraria experience, with server-side characters. I found out about this server and I thought that I might as well join in. Jestex was there, he welcomed me and showed me around. Long story short we ended up playing together a lot and having a lot of fun. Throughout the game, we became friends and we would talk frequently on Steam. I remember giving him ideas on what to add on his emoticon creator.

Time passed and we pretty much lost contact. However, I still remember all the fun times we had.

Overall, Jesse was a creative individual and an awesome guy. He shall be remembered as one of the most influential people to have been part of the Terraria community.

Also, as someone who has experienced what losing a close relative feels like, I can understand what his family is going through. I give them my condolences.

I really wish I was around the TCF earlier. This may sound silly, but I wish I felt the sorrow you guys do. He sounded like a cool dude. Oh well.
By the way, how did you guys figure out he was actually dead and not just inactive?
EDIT: Over a year later and I’m starting to wonder if this came off as rude.

Last edited:
I really wish I was around the TCF earlier. This may sound silly, but I wish I felt the sorrow you guys do. He sounded like a cool dude. Oh well.
By the way, how did you guys figure out he was actually dead and not just inactive?
I was contacted by his family.

Back
Top Bottom