PC Heavy projectile/weapon desync in Multiplayer, dates back to 1.3 or even further.

LumaDX

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Multi
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
PvP is an important aspect in Multiplayer, in fact, most of the big servers contain PvP areas for players, and there's even an entire server dedicated to a balanced PvP experience. PvP is also enjoyable while playing with friends, whether it's a duel for fun or an entire challenge run based on it. On the outside, it might seem fine, but when you delve further in, you realize how big of an issue the desync is.

As far as I know, this has been an issue since before 1.3, but has become more noticeable after every update done to the game. What happens is that if you attempt dodging a projectile shot at you, you will get hit either way no matter if were away from it, and often they can even pass through you without dealing any damage because they aren't actually there, but on a different location. This makes dodging nearly impossible as there is no way to tell where the actual projectile is or where you should move to avoid the desynced projectile.

Another issue is that knockback doesn't register properly. Let's say you use a Crystal Vile Shard on a player and it looks like they got knocked 7 times far from you, when in reality, they immediately snap back to their actual position which makes your next shots at hitting or dodging them unreliable.

Here's some examples.
1609772797951.png

On this screenshot, I was standing clear of the projectile, yet I took damage despite me never getting hit by the shot seen on my screen.

1609773171310.png

No need to explain this one. Arrow goes straight through without dealing damage.

And before you say: "But isn't this a modified version of Terraria?"
This occurs no matter if it's tShock or not, as it also happens in Steam and server hosts.
1609774104952.png

Such as this. Water Bolt going right through, doing no damage, and no, it did indeed pass through and was not just the trail.

Anyways, yeah, this is indeed a issue... but this issue does not occur often on me (at least the second and third one)
however, knockback is very wacky in multiplayer... In conclusion, I believe that this is an issue Re-Logic can fix, but not entirely.

Back
Top Bottom