Weapons & Equip Hedgehog Shoes

Would you put a ring on it?

• Yes.

Votes: 142 93.4%
  • No.

Votes: 10 6.6%

• Total voters
I also thought that the game needed a Sonic reference. I like it!
I wonder if in addition to the boots, when you hit max speed, you will create blurs like Sonic does. Kinda like riding a unicorn at max speed. This would be purely aesthetic, but cool. And as always:
View attachment 72743
Ah... Brings me back to Sonic Advance days...
Those games were better than people give them credit for...

Sonic_Boost_Mode.jpg

Advance2BoostCream.png

"Gotta go fast" is too "Hey, sega, shove a copyright into me" "K"

"Speed's my game" would save Red 'n Cenx tons of issues.

Make sure they resemble the design from Sonic 1.

Find the sprites on the spriters resource, if you need reference for how they look in that game.

"Gotta go fast" is too "Hey, sega, shove a copyright into me" "K"

"Speed's my game" would save Red 'n Cenx tons of issues.

Make sure they resemble the design from Sonic 1.

Find the sprites on the spriters resource, if you need reference for how they look in that game.
I much prefer the sonic 3 version. I think it would look better too.

I was thinking about the dominance of Frostspark Boots and how I might introduce a reasonable sidegrade. Seriously, anyone with any interest in mobility at all probably has those on. Kind of boring when you think about it, with everyone wearing the same thing. So...

View attachment 4346

Hedgehog Shoes
"Gotta go fast"
Equipable
12% increased movement speed
Allows super fast running (30% faster maximum speed than Hermes Boots)
Speed bonuses do not appy to flight

Running at maximum speed grants a Water Walking effect.

Hitting the DOWN directional key when running at maximum speed puts the player into a Spin Dash, which reduces damage taken to 1 and deals damage to enemies in collisions. Logically, it takes the color of the player's hair.

Attacking, losing speed, or attempting to double-jump (one jump is allowed, but the next cancels it) cancels the dash.

The fact that it grants near-invincibility is balanced by the fact that it can only be activated when dashing at maximum speed and that turning around for another strike cancels the dash.

Because of the higher maximum speed of the Hedgehog Shoes, one grapple boost isn't enough to activate it. Of course, that means that using a grappling hook while running with the Hedgehog Shoes is pretty pointless.

Don't know how it'll be obtained yet, but it might be a rare drop from a new Hedgehog enemy: slow, almost passive, doesn't chase the player, and deals obscene amounts of contact damage.

How did I do? If we get Sega's permission for this, I can see this becoming a definite contender to Frostspark's throne.
Full support. No questions asked.
Top o' the mornin' to ya.

Back
Top Bottom