Question Hello again, A question, and 'wireless' contraptions?

Predious

The Destroyer
First off, its been far too long since I have made a post in the good ol' T-MEC Forums. While I haven't been a big part of this whole scene, being there for its creation and helping to contribute to its growth in the beginning was a blessing to experience. I hope things are going well, and considering T-MEC has been publicly pointed at by the devs via the latest update patch notes, I think I can safely say we are getting popular. Good job everyone.

Now on to my question. I am currently at the part where I'm going to fight Plantera, but I lack the Adhesive Bandage to create the Ankh Shield. What are recommendations for attempting to acquire it, and for killing Plantera?

And Finally, now that traps seem to be about to activate pressure plates, has anyone thought about using dart traps to activate things 'wireless-ly?' What I mean is, have a pressure plate connected to a device on one area, and then align a dart trap to shoot a dart at the pressure plate from a completely separate place and system, activating the pressure plate and sequentially the device the pressure plate is connected to.

I'm curious what you all have to say, and I'll try to be a little more active on these forums. Best of luck Engineers!

i think allot of people thought of it, but the problem is the range, and you would have to protect the arrow, over a short distance it is worth it yes. but not over long distance

here a example: you can activate the 2nd one only one time, because it gets destroyed, (to enter something only 1 time, ac example)
113249-354d9d6b8d2ebc0c1169bfe9d4d06dd8.jpg

Attachments

• Capture 2016-05-26 22_15_08.png
    Capture 2016-05-26 22_15_08.png
    5 KB · Views: 90
First off, its been far too long since I have made a post in the good ol' T-MEC Forums. While I haven't been a big part of this whole scene, being there for its creation and helping to contribute to its growth in the beginning was a blessing to experience. I hope things are going well, and considering T-MEC has been publicly pointed at by the devs via the latest update patch notes, I think I can safely say we are getting popular. Good job everyone.

Now on to my question. I am currently at the part where I'm going to fight Plantera, but I lack the Adhesive Bandage to create the Ankh Shield. What are recommendations for attempting to acquire it, and for killing Plantera?

And Finally, now that traps seem to be about to activate pressure plates, has anyone thought about using dart traps to activate things 'wireless-ly?' What I mean is, have a pressure plate connected to a device on one area, and then align a dart trap to shoot a dart at the pressure plate from a completely separate place and system, activating the pressure plate and sequentially the device the pressure plate is connected to.

I'm curious what you all have to say, and I'll try to be a little more active on these forums. Best of luck Engineers!
I found my adhesive bandage by casually fighting werewolves. With a little bit of luck you can get it rather quick.

And yes there are Ideas of using dart traps and teal pressure plates.
Here
And spear traps.
Here
And flame traps.
Here

While dart-powered wireless systems are overall cheaper than conventional wired systems, they are a lot slower, gotta wait for someone to find a practical use for them/
+Fellow ol' mate from a year ago/

I've been working on a hard drive, with a storage goal of 24 bytes, and i've seen that the junction boxes + 4 wire colors simply aren't enough, and now that i think about it, this is the perfect thing to wire all of my storage cells to my read function! THANK YOU!!!!

I've been working on a hard drive, with a storage goal of 24 bytes, and i've seen that the junction boxes + 4 wire colors simply aren't enough, and now that i think about it, this is the perfect thing to wire all of my storage cells to my read function! THANK YOU!!!!
Well hot diggity demon, Chase. Glad I helped out unintentionally. I may play around with wireless contraptions later on, but right now i'm focused on beating all [PC] Terraria bosses. And right now, Plantera is my next kill.

I might utilize a spear trap activating a series of pressure plates to activate more spear traps, with the initial spear trap on a 1 second timer. That could work for a simple starter grinder. May make a picture or video of it too. I also have a large glowing mushroom farm that i'm going to fix up and actuate with a switch and use the conveyor belts to bring the items to me.

Make a farming box in the underground and make a small pool of water in it, 3 tiles high at least, then just keep killing angler fish until it drops. For killing plantera , a box that's around 100x100 tiles big with platforms every 10 tiles up with honey, heart lanterns, and campfires will do. Reccomended weapons are megashark and chlorobow with crystal bullets and holy arrows.

Make a farming box in the underground and make a small pool of water in it, 3 tiles high at least, then just keep killing angler fish until it drops. For killing plantera , a box that's around 100x100 tiles big with platforms every 10 tiles up with honey, heart lanterns, and campfires will do. Reccomended weapons are megashark and chlorobow with crystal bullets and holy arrows.
Great suggestions, thank you. I just acquired the Terra Blade and the Ankh Shield and now i'm working on getting turtle armor before I attempt Plantera.

and its a lot faster than a dart trap
A *lot* faster. Heh. Faster than 60 tiles per second, and yet somehow it doesn't skip any plates along the way... 0.5 second cooldown on wire based firing of the portal canon station, though, so a little less capability for wire/engine spamming. But still far superior to dart trap's 3.33s, for applications like:
to wire all of my storage cells to my read function
:) Or might this projectile be tooo fast? (To be reliable) For read/in out...

But maybe for data transfer/relay? Although, not sure if there'd be major a major advantage over just serializing data over a (single) wire link. Perhaps the small delays can be helpful sometimes. (Kinda like a tape loop, with the data in (constant) flight as projectiles...)
[doublepost=1464337043,1464328117][/doublepost]Ahh, so @Bahamut2001 had already gone and tested the portal gun out by the time I saw this and posted the above...

It is a 30 tick cool. And apparently a 350 tiles/s projectile (but slowed by honey/liquids, interestingly)!

These are some awesome ideas, and all I did was mention the word 'Wireless.' xD

Anyway, I killed Plantera with surprising ease from building the arena, and I hardly got hit. Now for the Golem after I get a bunch of Shroomite! And a couple other things from the dungeon.

Back
Top Bottom