Hello forum

Zemecon

Terrarian
Hi,

The introductory message I found in my inbox told me I should probably post something here. So here goes...

I got Terraria for PC back in April 2014 as a birthday gift because I'd watched a number of YouTube videos from other players, mostly Paulsoaresjr and Stampylonghead, and told several people how much I wanted to try it out. So I was given a copy of Terraria on CD (the Collector's Edition, no less, so I was able to get the bunny pet right away) and that introduced me to the Steam app by Valve. And for almost a whole year, Terraria was all I played on PC. My Steam library remained otherwise empty until the 2014 winter sale. My first impressions of Terraria were set in the 1.0 versions and early 1.1 versions so when I tried it out for the first time with version 1.2.3.1 I remember I was so surprised by how much more was in the game. I remember my first encounter with rain and remembered asking myself "When did they add this???" Then the flying fish came and ruined my day :(

Those first few months when I didn't know anything about Terraria aside from a few outdated YouTube videos were the best times I had and for the longest time all I had was gold armor and the only boss I had defeated was the Eye Of Cthulhu. Not that I didn't want to defeat the other bosses, I just didn't know about them yet. Then my friend Josh added me to his Friends List and we defeated the Brain Of Cthulhu and the Wall Of Flesh together (not sure about Skeletron). After that, we played through Hardmode until running into Plantera… It took a while to defeat and I think the first time I defeated Plantera was on my own. By then, version 1.2.4 had come out and I didn't want anything to do with Duke Fishron thanks to all the complaint threads in the Steam forum saying he needed to be nerfed or toned down.

Fast-forward to today; I've defeated every single boss, gotten past both moon events, and gotten every single achievement in Terraria except for that accursed last fishing achievement which I am still only halfway through. I've been through Terraria in both Normal and Expert Mode and now mostly play Expert unless I want to play a pre-1.3 downloaded map. I've played on building servers, start-to-finish survival servers, Hardcore deathruns (if you die, the server bans you outright), and I try to help other players out when I can with either finding an item in their world, giving them items they can get themselves but the RNG or world generation won't let them have, and doing other things like building hellevators (one guy on my Friends' List was terrified of Crimson so much it haunted his dreams so we had to purge his world completely), growing artificial biomes and defeating bosses.

I don't consider myself a hardcore professional player or an expert in Terraria knowledge but I also have a strong belief in modesty and I don't believe you can judge how well you do at something as well as someone else can. Basically, I am just someone who plays Terraria for fun. Sometimes I challenge myself with a new survival run (not a fan of multiplayer competitive runs, though - too many jerks too much of the time), sometimes I work on building projects and experiment with how stuff works. I used to have a 1.2.3.1 world that I built a town called "Moundville" in and it got a lot of attention back when I was working on it but I started anew when 1.3 came out and will probably start anew again when 1.4 came out.

That is basically it about me. Sorry this was so long. I hope to get to know the rest of you during my time here.
Cheers! And thanks for reading!

Hi,

The introductory message I found in my inbox told me I should probably post something here. So here goes...

I got Terraria for PC back in April 2014 as a birthday gift because I'd watched a number of YouTube videos from other players, mostly Paulsoaresjr and Stampylonghead, and told several people how much I wanted to try it out. So I was given a copy of Terraria on CD (the Collector's Edition, no less, so I was able to get the bunny pet right away) and that introduced me to the Steam app by Valve. And for almost a whole year, Terraria was all I played on PC. My Steam library remained otherwise empty until the 2014 winter sale. My first impressions of Terraria were set in the 1.0 versions and early 1.1 versions so when I tried it out for the first time with version 1.2.3.1 I remember I was so surprised by how much more was in the game. I remember my first encounter with rain and remembered asking myself "When did they add this???" Then the flying fish came and ruined my day :(

Those first few months when I didn't know anything about Terraria aside from a few outdated YouTube videos were the best times I had and for the longest time all I had was gold armor and the only boss I had defeated was the Eye Of Cthulhu. Not that I didn't want to defeat the other bosses, I just didn't know about them yet. Then my friend Josh added me to his Friends List and we defeated the Brain Of Cthulhu and the Wall Of Flesh together (not sure about Skeletron). After that, we played through Hardmode until running into Plantera… It took a while to defeat and I think the first time I defeated Plantera was on my own. By then, version 1.2.4 had come out and I didn't want anything to do with Duke Fishron thanks to all the complaint threads in the Steam forum saying he needed to be nerfed or toned down.

Fast-forward to today; I've defeated every single boss, gotten past both moon events, and gotten every single achievement in Terraria except for that accursed last fishing achievement which I am still only halfway through. I've been through Terraria in both Normal and Expert Mode and now mostly play Expert unless I want to play a pre-1.3 downloaded map. I've played on building servers, start-to-finish survival servers, Hardcore deathruns (if you die, the server bans you outright), and I try to help other players out when I can with either finding an item in their world, giving them items they can get themselves but the RNG or world generation won't let them have, and doing other things like building hellevators (one guy on my Friends' List was terrified of Crimson so much it haunted his dreams so we had to purge his world completely), growing artificial biomes and defeating bosses.

I don't consider myself a hardcore professional player or an expert in Terraria knowledge but I also have a strong belief in modesty and I don't believe you can judge how well you do at something as well as someone else can. Basically, I am just someone who plays Terraria for fun. Sometimes I challenge myself with a new survival run (not a fan of multiplayer competitive runs, though - too many jerks too much of the time), sometimes I work on building projects and experiment with how stuff works. I used to have a 1.2.3.1 world that I built a town called "Moundville" in and it got a lot of attention back when I was working on it but I started anew when 1.3 came out and will probably start anew again when 1.4 came out.

That is basically it about me. Sorry this was so long. I hope to get to know the rest of you during my time here.
Cheers! And thanks for reading!
Hi @Zemecon, welcome to the forums. :) That was a detailed intro, I enjoyed getting to hear how you came to play the game so long ago. Glad to have you join us.

Thank you :-D I love it when people read my longer posts. Mostly I expect them to bore everyone to death so I'm always glad to hear they don't always do that :-D

Here.
underneath_the_bark_of_old_trees_by_vapolord_d9cead8-pre.png

Sorry I haven't been posting anything outside of this thread yet, guys. I have plans to but haven't gotten around to it yet, due to a few other things going on right now. Will work on that.

Back
Top Bottom