Console Hello from Pipeworks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When is the next bug fix or update? My game keeps crashing and I’m missing stuff. Also, I broke a biome chest some how before beating Plantera. Thanks for the hard work at fixing the game, I’m just glad it doesn’t crash every 10 minutes.

When is the next bug fix or update? My game keeps crashing and I’m missing stuff. Also, I broke a biome chest some how before beating Plantera. Thanks for the hard work at fixing the game, I’m just glad it doesn’t crash every 10 minutes.

Soon - pretty much the team is trying to nail down the last handful of items, from what I can tell.

Its a LONG list of fixes coming when it does.... it won't be everything (of course), but its a lot.

Is there anything that can be done about the UI? It's just way too small... my eyes aren't the best even with glasses, so I really struggle to read what's on the screen.

Is there anything that can be done about the UI? It's just way too small... my eyes aren't the best even with glasses, so I really struggle to read what's on the screen.

UI scaling was added to PC in 1.3.5 (so there is a decent chance it will arrive elsewhere down the road) - what I don't know is how/if that one specific thing could be lifted over sooner. On my list to ask about once we get to a point where that's feasible (the current fix wave has become just massive and it needs to get out vs keep adding stuff to it :p )

There is at least one change to the UI coming that will hopefully help with some of the legibility issues that some folks have.

The opacity..?

Yessir.

Though not that simply, as there are two elements there: one being the zoom bug and the other design-based.... both should be addressed with this latest update.

Has to pass all QA checks and be signed off (QA trying to make sure that the fixes don't also introduce new issues)

Pretty much, its in that final stage - and that kind of takes the time it takes. Hopefully not much longer - its a really long list of fixes coming.

Has to pass all QA checks and be signed off (QA trying to make sure that the fixes don't also introduce new issues)

Pretty much, its in that final stage - and that kind of takes the time it takes. Hopefully not much longer - its a really long list of fixes coming.
I just meant their sense of time in general: "No later than Q2 of 2017" etc.

I just meant their sense of time in general: "No later than Q2 of 2017" etc.

Well, when I say the final stages, I mean the final stages - like all the fixes are in, checking the builds to be sure said fixes work and nothing else is busted as collateral damage. I can't give an exact time on that, as it depends on the results of the testing. ;)

Well, when I say the final stages, I mean the final stages - like all the fixes are in, checking the builds to be sure said fixes work and nothing else is busted as collateral damage. I can't give an exact time on that, as it depends on the results of the testing. ;)
OK. Is it purely bug & glitches? Or will there be some other more functional fixes too?

OK. Is it purely bug & glitches? Or will there be some other more functional fixes too?

Can you give an example of what you mean? The vast majority is fixes for player issues - but happy to answer more directly if you can clarify for me a bit?

Can you give an example of what you mean? The vast majority is fixes for player issues - but happy to answer more directly if you can clarify for me a bit?
Where to begin? There's a whole list I posted a while back, which included farm-breaking issues like solid bubbles, spawn regions based on where the sniper scope last looked instead of player position, and mobs not showing on the maps, to visual things like paint not showing on mannequins, minecart track junctions having the wrong sprites for their various states, and painted item frames hiding the items placed on them.

And the Moon Lord is invisible underground.

Some of the above are things that existed in 1.3 on PC or even still exist. Others are legit issues, not sure if they are fixed but I will ask.
  • Moonlord behind walls = Same on PC, even currently (this is what occurs in either walled arenas or underground, where most everything is walled in).... but I see in another thread that you are talking about actual background "walls", so that is interesting... does this occur on all underground parallax backgrounds or just that one in particular? (trying to narrow down the potential issue)
  • Sniper Scope extending the spawning rectangle = pretty sure that is also on PC as well (at least the wiki states that it is - I'm a melee player, so I don't use the scope much :p)
  • Which mobs are not showing up on maps? Should only be players/NPCs/Bosses.
  • Mannequins cannot be painted (though the paint will be consumed) - this is the same as even current PC
  • Minecart track junctions: I will have to play around with that on my retail save to see, not sure there.
  • Confirmed the item frame thing on my Retail version - am asking if it has been fixed on dev version (I do not have a devkit personally)

Sniper Scope extending the spawning rectangle = pretty sure that is also on PC as well (at least the wiki states that it is - I'm a melee player, so I don't use the scope much :p)

I'm a summoner, but I use (or used to) the sniper & scope to check that the spawn surfaces are where they should be, as I was able to see spawns happen in a similar way as you do with harpies when you're right at the edge of the map. Now, when you move the camera, it moves the player area (where spawns don't occur due to being on screen) to where the camera was last left. I have to exit the farm and re-enter to reset it.

• Which mobs are not showing up on maps? Should only be players/NPCs/Bosses.

There should be generic flashing purple blobs indicating where the mobs are, but not icons like NPCs & bosses.

There should be generic flashing purple blobs indicating where the mobs are, but not icons like NPCs & bosses.
Engine added that feature to the old console version. The PC version has never had such a feature, and the current console port was derived from the PC version. None of the old console version code is being used in the new console version.

Engine added that feature to the old console version. The PC version has never had such a feature, and the current console port was derived from the PC version. None of the old console version code is being used in the new console version.
So how are you meant to check farm efficiency? We don't get free cam mode, or any other mods, that would help with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom