Console Hello from Pipeworks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the pipe works website it says once you've sorted the coding and fixes for the game you will then start to "implement some of our bigger, long-term plans for the game" can you say what any of these are or are these part of what your keeping the lid on until you have done them

It would be great if Stampylongnose would support "Last gen" 1.3.1 considering the fact that he plays Terraria on the 360. (Arkonauts does aswell)

On the pipe works website it says once you've sorted the coding and fixes for the game you will then start to "implement some of our bigger, long-term plans for the game" can you say what any of these are or are these part of what your keeping the lid on until you have done them

We aren't quite ready to reveal our "bigger, longer-term plans," but you won't have to wait too long for more on what's coming.

Will you remove/rework Ocram and other version exclusive content to better fit with the game?

That's also something we aren't quite ready to talk about. Stay tuned!

PW is owned by the same company that owns 505. So, they are more like "siblings in the same household" by my understanding.

I like to think of us as especially close cousins, but "siblings in the same household" is a pretty good way to think of it.

Glad to have you come aboard! Just a fair warning. The console community is pretty passionate around here so opening yourself up for questions could unleash a title wave XD

Yeah, I expect as much, but the community here is also really positive and polite, so it's no trouble.

Can you explain why your company is named pipeworks? It reminds me of an old Lucas Arts game of yore... BTW, welcome to the community. May the blood and sweat of your efforts pay out high dividends on your end!

Can you explain why your company is named pipeworks? It reminds me of an old Lucas Arts game of yore... BTW, welcome to the community. May the blood and sweat of your efforts pay out high dividends on your end!
Funny, if anything it reminds of NVIDIA GameWorks, maybe they have incredible visual rendering techniques for pipes?

so last-gen terraria is done then, huh?

well... guess i'm gonna be left behind, i'm too poor to keep up with games anymore... so ps4 terraria is out of my reach.

i gotta ask though, will we be able to keep the console exclusives?

i mean, it'd be kinda unfair since PC has its own exclusives, doesn't it... and mobile has exclusives... for the console versions to lose theirs would just be wrong.

will console players finally be getting the extra row of inventory space?

well, guess it doesn't really matter for me, since my terraria days are coming to an end, now. %:sigh:

so last-gen terraria is done then, huh?

well... guess i'm gonna be left behind, i'm too poor to keep up with games anymore... so ps4 terraria is out of my reach.

i gotta ask though, will we be able to keep the console exclusives?

i mean, it'd be kinda unfair since PC has its own exclusives, doesn't it... and mobile has exclusives... for the console versions to lose theirs would just be wrong.

will console players finally be getting the extra row of inventory space?

well, guess it doesn't really matter for me, since my terraria days are coming to an end, now. %:sigh:
That is true.. I play on 360 and once I heard the news about "last gen" pretty much all exitement for the game dissapeared, because what's the point? I've mastered the latest updates in days and the only reason to continue playing was for 1.3.1., but now it's gone. We don't get to technically to finish the game after beating the "end game boss" Moonlord, we don't get the Celestial events, alien invasions or the tons of new items. Because we're too old. Our "Hardware" is too old and because of that our Terraria experiance is over. Thanks for finishing what you started Re-logic..

There's a long, complicated explanation behind the Pipeworks name -- you can find more on our backstory here -- but it essentially boils down to, "because it sounds cool."

(You'll find that this is the explanation behind most studio names.)

Strictly speaking, I don't think PC has ever had exclusives. Being the most rapidly developed version, PC of course has content not found in others, but as far as I'm aware, the plan is and always has been to port that to the other platforms. (e.g. Duke Fishron was once "PC Exclusive", but now isn't. Currently the Moon Lord is "PC Exclusive", but that's not intended to be a permanent situation.

Since the game is so to speak been re done from ground up. Does that mean the crafting interface will be changed to the pc verison? Because if so. Is there a way to make it so it keeps its interface?

Or maybe an option to enable the console crafting interface instead of the pc one.

(Sorry to mention another game. But using it as a refrence.) Minecraft has done with its crafting where you have the option for the standered console interface or the pc one.

We did! I'm impressed you found that! That was a long time ago, but it's definitely one of the cooler footnotes in the Pipeworks story.

Oh don't be that impressed. I was just curious what games the company made in the past so I went to the Wikipedia page. Be impressed with whoever wrote that piece :)

Since the game is so to speak been re done from ground up. Does that mean the crafting interface will be changed to the pc verison? Because if so. Is there a way to make it so it keeps its interface?

Or maybe an option to enable the console crafting interface instead of the pc one.

I second this idea. Especially since controller support is in Terraria now, it'd make crafting easier with a controller.

that is one concern... we've all become so used to the console controls, will the PC controls throw us off or make the game harder to play?

see, i have my controller set so L1 is the jump button, R1 is attack, L2/R2 move between items on my hotbar, and the grappling hook is set to L3.

i'm very used to that... is it gonna change drastically?

If they match the PC control scheme, it would include custom button mapping. Not that I know that is a thing or not - just saying. ;)

If they match the PC control scheme, it would include custom button mapping. Not that I know that is a thing or not - just saying. ;)

oh, well that'd be good news, if that is the case.

the idea of it all is pretty exciting, i gotta admit... wonder how different the game will feel once it's been upgraded? :dryadhappy:

I hope custom control mapping is the case for console if they do indeed mirror PCs 1.3 on console.
Controller support on PC was a blessing for me, especially being able to configure the controls to a way that you've adjusted to playing.
However, it does have its drawbacks. As ArcticReaper mentioned, the UI on PC is more designed for mouse and keyboard.
I'm curious how or if it will be done on console.

well, i'll put some faith in pipeworks... i doubt they'd make the console versions feel uncomfortable or awkward to play.

though, going from the original console UI to the PC style one, will probably have its adjustment period, as any huge change would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom