Console Hello from Pipeworks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say its a safe bet that the PW guys will have a good sense for such things....after all, most of them are experienced Terrarians on both PC and Console. :)

I'd say its a safe bet that the PW guys will have a good sense for such things....after all, most of them are experienced Terrarians on both PC and Console. :)

I'm hoping they leave the consoles crafting and inventory interface there. And not use the pc one.

I'm hoping they leave the consoles crafting and inventory interface there. And not use the pc one.

I kinda hope they don't either, but from a developer standpoint it'd be understandable if they did use the PC UI for console, because the port would be much simpler than trying to cross code PC 1.3 with the console UI. That may cause issues that may not be easy or impossible to fix, which in turn could cause delays in updates, missing assets (remember the problems they had with 1.2.4) or content being completely scratched.
If they did change it, the adjustment may be a little awkward and tedious to begin with, but eventually, it will become the norm for Terraria gameplay and feel just as natural as what we're currently using.
Of course this is speculation, and PW will be the ones who will lay out what's gonna happen to that aspect.

Im wondering how that tab or whatever that you equip mounts and ect. would work on the d-pad with a option toggled or defaulted to the analog sticks?

i'd rather a 100% completely similar game that we can't tell the difference between than a half/half job... because again, it'd make everyone's jobs easier, we'd get updates faster, less problems, etc... from the sound of things, atleast.

besides, it'd be nice to finally have that extra inventory space.

Maybe just have it switch to console style when a controller is activated? Or have an option to switch between pc/console. There are some console ideas that made their way to the PC that are now considered standard. (Map, etc.)

Maybe just have it switch to console style when a controller is activated? Or have an option to switch between pc/console. There are some console ideas that made their way to the PC that are now considered standard. (Map, etc.)

again, that seems like it'd make things complicated... besides, "switch to console style when a controller is activated"?

when ISN'T a controller used on consoles?

the PC version doesn't have two different UIs depending on what you're using, as far as i know.

also, the map idea may have made it to PC, but not in the same form... they have a mini-map, we have an entire screen dedicated to the map, and both work differently.

the whole point of the reset is for the console version and PC version to become the same experience for everyone, by the sounds of it... along with making it easier to develop, of course.

i'd like to think it would put the "unity" in the community.

The controller comment was meant for the PC version. I don't know if it'd make things that complicated - I play both the PC and Console version, and there have been ideas swapped between both. Regardless of how the map is implemented on PC, it came from the console side as did some other features.

We'll see what happens. I'm sure Pipeworks is up to the task.

The controller comment was meant for the PC version. I don't know if it'd make things that complicated - I play both the PC and Console version, and there have been ideas swapped between both. Regardless of how the map is implemented on PC, it came from the console side as did some other features.

We'll see what happens. I'm sure Pipeworks is up to the task.

what other features came to PC from console?

i wouldn't know, cause i don't play the PC version...

ah, so you're saying the PC version should have the console UI when a controller is active?

...that'd be more on the re-logic team to decide, wouldn't it?

cause obviously pipworks isn't gonna be doing anything to the PC version, that is purely re-logic's territory.

Since you guys are porting the PC code to console, does that mean there will be ability for PC and Console cross play or ability to grab saves from pc and port it to console?

what other features came to PC from console?

i wouldn't know, cause i don't play the PC version...

ah, so you're saying the PC version should have the console UI when a controller is active?

...that'd be more on the re-logic team to decide, wouldn't it?

cause obviously pipworks isn't gonna be doing anything to the PC version, that is purely re-logic's territory.

Well, part of my response was responding really early in the morning on no sleep. I think I got posts confused, hah. But To answer your question:

As far as I know, the map was ported over, so was the automatic 'digging' feature, plus most of the controller specs for the controller support that was recently implented on the PC version. I know Pipeworks is just working on the console version, I've just had a very tiring month XD

What does this mean for the cooldown time for speartraps etc.? I've just finished work on a very complex farm world that relies heavily on speartraps...

so last-gen terraria is done then, huh?

well... guess i'm gonna be left behind, i'm too poor to keep up with games anymore... so ps4 terraria is out of my reach.

i gotta ask though, will we be able to keep the console exclusives?

i mean, it'd be kinda unfair since PC has its own exclusives, doesn't it... and mobile has exclusives... for the console versions to lose theirs would just be wrong.

will console players finally be getting the extra row of inventory space?

well, guess it doesn't really matter for me, since my terraria days are coming to an end, now. %:sigh:

That is true.. I play on 360 and once I heard the news about "last gen" pretty much all exitement for the game dissapeared, because what's the point? I've mastered the latest updates in days and the only reason to continue playing was for 1.3.1., but now it's gone. We don't get to technically to finish the game after beating the "end game boss" Moonlord, we don't get the Celestial events, alien invasions or the tons of new items. Because we're too old. Our "Hardware" is too old and because of that our Terraria experiance is over. Thanks for finishing what you started Re-logic..

They did finish what they started. They aren't magic, they can't make the impossible possible. Rather than going into a depression mow some yards and buy a computer or a next gen console. There's always a way to make money, you just have to be willing enough to do it.

WELCOME PIPEWORKS!!!

The PS4 has a separate "Accessibility" menu that lets you map your own controls outside any game.

There's always a way to make money, you just have to be willing enough to do it.
I completely agree, you can always do a trade in and have a yard sale.

So new guy wtf is going to happen to the dev wings and giant hacked stacks of items everyone already has because of the many oversights rudi and team left
In the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom