Console Hello from Pipeworks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the Spawn rules are pretty well defined thanks to people like @ZeroGravitas. If you design the farm with those rules in mind, it should work as expected.
They don't anymore; I built a load of farms during 1.2.4 based on those exact same rules and they worked fine. But since the update, mobs are spawning in a wider zone, but I can't tell where. I only know this because I place a Frost Hydra at the edge of the screen and I an hear it shooting at things that shouldn't be there.

They don't anymore; I built a load of farms during 1.2.4 based on those exact same rules and they worked fine. But since the update, mobs are spawning in a wider zone, but I can't tell where. I only know this because I place a Frost Hydra at the edge of the screen and I an hear it shooting at things that shouldn't be there.
Hmm, I have built several farms/arenas in Console 1.3 using those measurements and I haven't noticed any issues like that. Are you certain you didn't have a Scope equipped?
WIKI said:
Using certain items causes monsters to spawn further out than normal. Equipping a Rifle Scope or Sniper Scope does so only when the player has a compatible gun selected, whether or not the player is zoomed out.

Have got into Terraria recently, discovered it by chance on 360 and then on Xbox one. Absolutely love this game!! Am I right in thinking the we on the console version are still someway behind the pc version in terms of content etc? Are there still plans to continue developing this game further on xbox one?

Have got into Terraria recently, discovered it by chance on 360 and then on Xbox one. Absolutely love this game!! Am I right in thinking the we on the console version are still someway behind the pc version in terms of content etc? Are there still plans to continue developing this game further on xbox one?

The Console versions don't have the same amount of content that the PC version has. Comparing the update versions from the PC ones, Console (PS4/XB1) is on 1.3.0.7 and PC is currently on 1.3.5.3. Eventually the Console versions (including the Switch and Mobile versions of the game in 2019) will be updated to have the same content as the PC version.

There is no estimate on exactly when this will happen, but it is in the works. The Console versions are still receiving updates and recently got a bug fix patch.

The Console versions don't have the same amount of content that the PC version has. Comparing the update versions from the PC ones, Console (PS4/XB1) is on 1.3.0.7 and PC is currently on 1.3.5.3. Eventually the Console versions (including the Switch and Mobile versions of the game in 2019) will be updated to have the same content as the PC version.

There is no estimate on exactly when this will happen, but it is in the works. The Console versions are still receiving updates and recently got a bug fix patch.

Ah thats great news!! As a new player, I didnt want to fall in love with another game that was going to be left behind!! This game is awesome and hopefully the developers will see how much we all love it!!

Any idea when the next update will be available? Looking forward to it, along with the future release of 1.3.4 (maybe?).

For the love of all that is good...are we going to get local multiplayer on switch soon? It's been 2 months and communication regarding progress of this core feature has been horrible. Pretty shady imo that you'd release the game without this feature to begin with.

For the love of all that is good...are we going to get local multiplayer on switch soon? It's been 2 months and communication regarding progress of this core feature has been horrible. Pretty shady imo that you'd release the game without this feature to begin with.

It wasn't released with it because it wasn't ready.

Not much they can really say outside of the monthly updates of its being worked on, progress being made, etc. Totally get the frustration - not making light of that in any way - but just saying. If they had an exact time/date to share, it would be shared immediately.

By way of actual progress, pretty sure the full testing passes on that and 1.3.1 are about to begin..... so getting closer. :)

It wasn't released with it because it wasn't ready.

Not much they can really say outside of the monthly updates of its being worked on, progress being made, etc. Totally get the frustration - not making light of that in any way - but just saying. If they had an exact time/date to share, it would be shared immediately.

By way of actual progress, pretty sure the full testing passes on that and 1.3.1 are about to begin..... so getting closer. :)

Always being worked on, always getting closer. I still don't know if I'll be waiting weeks, a month, two more months, 6 more months? I just wish they were less vague about it. After I found out split screen wasn't included I was optimistic it was coming eventually but holy Batman I didn't think it would take several months.

Thank you for your reply, Loki. After full testing passes begin and are completed what is usually the next step?

Assuming things test clean? Then you have no reason to not submit to Nintendo and await their review process.

What more often happens is that those final testing phases surface a handful of issues that need to be addressed first - so it is USUALLY a cycle of a few iterations before you reach that point where things feel good enough to submit.

If anyone had a date to give you, they would. Unfortunately, game development is one of those processes that laughs in the face of certainty. Thus, the ever-present dilemma: give a date, risk missing it and being called a liar... or don't give estimates and risk being told you are too nebulous and non-communicative. Over time, we have learned the hard way that the second path is the least dangerous. Apologies if that comes off the wrong way to anyone.

Assuming things test clean? Then you have no reason to not submit to Nintendo and await their review process.

What more often happens is that those final testing phases surface a handful of issues that need to be addressed first - so it is USUALLY a cycle of a few iterations before you reach that point where things feel good enough to submit.

If anyone had a date to give you, they would. Unfortunately, game development is one of those processes that laughs in the face of certainty. Thus, the ever-present dilemma: give a date, risk missing it and being called a liar... or don't give estimates and risk being told you are too nebulous and non-communicative. Over time, we have learned the hard way that the second path is the least dangerous. Apologies if that comes off the wrong way to anyone.

I'm not asking for a specific date, but just better communication. I completely understand not wanting to over promise and under deliver. An estimated window of time would've been more than enough. "Hey, we're hoping to have multiplayer included by the end of November or December. However, there are a lot of things involved that could change the timeline. We will keep you posted as things move along." Vague...but less vague than, "we're working on it and you'll get it when it's ready"

I appreciate you telling me what the next steps are, this is basically what I've been crying about the past two months. Unfortunately it sounds like I could still be waiting quite a while. I'm very angry.

Thank you for your communication, Loki. My intent is not to shoot the messenger.

I'll stop flooding your forums with my tears and check back in a while for progress.

I appreciate you telling me what the next steps are, this is basically what I've been crying about the past two months. Unfortunately it sounds like I could still be waiting quite a while. I'm very angry.

Thank you for your communication, Loki. My intent is not to shoot the messenger.

I'll stop flooding your forums with my tears and check back in a while for progress.

My intent wasn't to say "oh it's gonna be a long wait" - it was to share the stage of the process (which is pretty advanced, tbh).

I'll make sure to ping you here the instant it goes into submission (in parallel with what I expect will be a very public posting of the same).

Totally get the desire for even time "windows" - but even those can be fraught with the same dilemma. It really is a no-win situation. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom