Hello! Just got terraria for christmas on steam! So did my brother and we are loving it!

targetbat9

Terrarian
Hello i just wanted to say thank you for this game and i can't wait for 1.3 only been playing since the 25th and i already have molten armor! And were working on defeating the wall of flesh! Any tips on what i should do in this game? Because i am pretty lost with all the stuff i am finding!

Welcome to TCF m8!

Here are a few tips for early hardmode:
  1. Make a Night's Edge BEFORE hardmode (More info on that here at the wiki)
  2. Find and kill as many mimics as you can, until you find (My favorite weapon) the Magic Dagger
  3. Farm the Wall of Flesh for Clockwork Assault Rifle (Useful for The Twins and Skeletron Prime)
  4. The list continues

When in doubt, check the wiki!

A few tips that can make things a bit more interesting (but hardly all inclusive!)
- Summoning class staves can be used by any class with no real drawbacks. Any character even with NO summoning class boosters can have 1 free summon at any time, and they last indefinitely. Even if you only have one, pass the item around between you and your brother for free bonus damage minions!

- You can make multiple worlds and use any character you like on them. Use this to find extras of rare accessories like the Anklet of the Wind or Shiny Red Balloon, so that you and your brother can both have copies. Its also a good way to find missing pieces for accessory upgrades, such as the aforementioned Anklet of the Wind, which is used to make Lightning Boots/Frostspark Boots later on! And of course, its a way to access the Corruption/Crimson, since only one will spawn in a world!

- Pits of Honey, Campfires, and Heart Lanterns (crafted with spare heart crystals and chains) are phenomenally useful items. The latter two grant an area of effect which heals the player faster as long as you are within a screen or two, and dunking yourself in honey grants a temporary bonus healing buff as well. Excellent additions to put near your house for invasions, in your boss arena, or at a new boss you are struggling to fight.

- Use the Well Fed debuff. 'Nuff said!

Welcome to TCF m8!

2. Find and kill as many mimics as you can, until you find (My favorite weapon) the Magic Dagger
  3. Farm the Wall of Flesh for Clockwork Assault Rifle (Useful for The Twins and Skeletron Prime)
  4. The list continues
My Favourite weapon is the hellstone sword!
[DOUBLEPOST=1419904640][/DOUBLEPOST]

A few tips that can make things a bit more interesting (but hardly all inclusive!)
- Summoning class staves can be used by any class with no real drawbacks. Any character even with NO summoning class boosters can have 1 free summon at any time, and they last indefinitely. Even if you only have one, pass the item around between you and your brother for free bonus damage minions!

- You can make multiple worlds and use any character you like on them. Use this to find extras of rare accessories like the Anklet of the Wind or Shiny Red Balloon, so that you and your brother can both have copies. Its also a good way to find missing pieces for accessory upgrades, such as the aforementioned Anklet of the Wind, which is used to make Lightning Boots/Frostspark Boots later on! And of course, its a way to access the Corruption/Crimson, since only one will spawn in a world!

- Pits of Honey, Campfires, and Heart Lanterns (crafted with spare heart crystals and chains) are phenomenally useful items. The latter two grant an area of effect which heals the player faster as long as you are within a screen or two, and dunking yourself in honey grants a temporary bonus healing buff as well. Excellent additions to put near your house for invasions, in your boss arena, or at a new boss you are struggling to fight.

Thanks for the help!
[DOUBLEPOST=1419904656][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hello. Welcome to TCF :)
Ty!

I have the anklet of the wind now. ;)
[DOUBLEPOST=1419904912][/DOUBLEPOST]One more question does terraria have public servers? Like for example minetime on minecraft?

Welcome to TCF m8!

4. The list continues
Welcome to TCF m8!

4. The list continues
Also whats a Mimic in this game?

Also whats a Mimic in this game?
A mimic is a hardmode mob that looks identical to either a normal, gold, or shadow chest. Once the player comes within a certain radius, they pop up and attack. More info on the mimic can be found here.

NOTE: Ice mimics do NOT share the same loot-table as the other three mimics! More info on that in the wiki as well!

Also, terraria does have official servers, however, I personally prefer local servers (With a friend, family, etc), or plain-old singleplayer. Multiplayer worlds are often a wreck, and difficult to work with, due to small sized worlds (When compared to MC's nearly infinite world)

Back
Top Bottom