PC [ HELP ] - Announcement Box Question

Xelpi

Terrarian
Let's say you have a Lever and two Announcement Boxes, and when you pull the Lever UP Announcement Box #1 displays a message, and when you pull the Lever DOWN Announcement Box #2 displays a different message, I'm very new to Terraria's wiring stuff, so the task may sounds simple, but I haven't figured it out, could someone please help me out?, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance :)

First of all, wires doesn't care about switch position, it just carries a pulse - that's it. If you really want it to visually correspond to something, remove the wire and flick it into needed position. What's left is somewhat simple, you need a logic gate that only fires every other time, you need two of them, and they need to be desynchronized from each other.

Put announcement boxes down, put one logic gate(any) near each one, wire each to the corresponding box. Put an on lamp on one of the gates, and off lamp on the other. Put a faulty lamp on top of both those regular on/off lamps. Now, wire a single wire from the switch to all four lamps and don't use same wire color as you used for wiring gates to the boxes.

Should work, though I didn't actually build it to test.

I tried to follow those steps and it didn't work, but I'm pretty sure its because I did it wrong :sigh:

If you ever have free time, whenever you can, could you do it on a new world and upload the file?, I'm still trying though, perhaps with some luck I may get it right

This should help
Capture 2017-03-29 14_18_04.png
Capture 2017-03-29 14_18_14.png

You're in luck, I was just working on this. You can do this without logic gates or any other hardmode devices; I posted details here.

what am I seeing here?
Logic lamps, plus a logic gate AND. The blue light above is a faulty logic gate lamp, which randomly picks a lamp below it- if it's on, the gate emits a signal. So, the system toggles the lamps below and the faulty lamp, to force a toggle of the lamp without triggering the announcement box again, which would happen normally without the faulty lamp.

Back
Top Bottom