Help getting a dedicated Ubuntu server listed...

MarisaG

Terrarian
I have the server installed and it is varifying my steam account when it starts, but I don't know where to go to get my server to show up in a server list. It just goes to my steam page. I used the IP address method and it worked fine, but I want to avoid players having to know the IP to play on my server.

Any tips or pointers?
Marisa

Terraria does not use any server browsers. Terraria uses DirectIP and Steamworks to host multiplayer servers. If you do not wish to use DirectIP then hosting through steam is the best option. You just use one of the below files (located in the install directory) to start hosting through steam:

yKMNrg0.png

Then invite people through steam. If you use the "start-server-steam-friends.bat" file then they should be able to right click you on their friends list and select "Join Game" thus negating the need for invites.

Ah great, that explains it. No worries - I will just list the game server name on the home page for my website...

You probably already knew this but in case you didn't, you can also use DNS to resolve your external IP Address to a domain name. Same as you would a website that way no one needs to remember a number they can just remember the name.

Back
Top Bottom