Mobile Help im new in hardmode

punpun52

Terrarian
I just defeated The Wof and i cant seem to find any new ores and while i was finding new ores monsters will kill me everytime i go underground. Can anyone give me tips and guide please?

The New Ores only spawn after you use the Pwnhammer the Wall dropped to break the purple spiked things in the corruption (or red lumpy things if your world has crimson.) Doing so may have unintended consequences, however, so be careful.

My advice is to stay away from the Jungle because the monsters that spawn there are very dangerous, and also keep out of the underground Corruption/Crimson too. If you are having trouble staying alive I suggest staying in tunnels you mine as most monsters will be unable to reach you, and make sure to constantly block the tunnel off behind you.

It's all really luck based. Break demon/crimson alters till you get x2 of each of the 3 hard mode ores (if you have a large enough abundance of alters do x3 of each and progressively onward), but make sure you always have at least one. Your best bet for gear will be from mimics, ores, and special loot drops. It would have been ideal to prepare for these things pre hard mode e.g. mimic farm, but that may not always be the case. Ps, when ever I start a new playlist, in pre hard mode I farm fishing crates. Metal and above should give you hard mode bars, so save them until hard mode to use. I suggest your first weapon to get are mimic weapons, onyx blaster, spider staff, true nights edge, [Dow of pow? Idk, normally don't go for but Ik it's easy to make], nimbus rod, etc. You get the idea. You should probably do research. It used to be my best bet for learning the game back on Xbox 360, but you'll ease into pc, console, or anything else you play on.

Try going on a pre-hardmode world and get a ton of fishing crates. Use them in your hardmode world to get super OP

The transition to Hardmode can be a hard one indeed. Some advice:
- If you have any Obsidian Skin Potions, it's good to jump into the Underworld's lava, get as much Hellstone as possible before the Obsidian Skin wears off, and make a Fiery Greatsword. It's a powerful Prehardmode Melee weapon that will provide at least some amount of Hardmode-ish power.
- Smash plenty of altars, but leave at least one that is close to your base. And never smash a bunch of altars at the same time because every altar you smash spawns a wraith or two and those things can kill you fast if there's too many.
- Steer clear of the Hallow until you get some decent Hardmode weapons and armor. Pixies can kill you surprisingly fast, and don't get me started on unicorns. In my first playthrough, I hallowed my entire spawn point and regretted it quickly.
- The moment you get good enough weapons to start killing Hallowed enemies, it's good to find the Underground Hallow (cavern layer specifically) and fight the enemies that spawn down there. They provide good loot, especially Souls of Light which can be used to make a plethora of Hardmode gear. I actually crafted some Angel Wings just today.

Yeah that's it sorry I couldn't be of more help.

So, some tips:

1). I highly suggest making another world and spending a bit more time, because each minute you spend in your new fresh hardmode world, the corruption/crimson is spreading rapidly and will until you defeat Plantera.

2). Get a Night's Edge. It is probably one of the best weapons to start hardmode with if you're into Melee. To make one, combine a Blade of Grass with a Light's Bane or Bloodbane Butcherer, a Muramasa from the Dungeon and a Fiery Greatsword at an altar (and keep the Night's Edge -- you can make another awesome weapon with it later!) If not, a Phoenix Blaster will serve you well if you're into guns and bows. Simply get some Hellstone bars and combine them with a Handgun from the dungeon. For Magic users, I am not really sure what to suggest you use, I always found early hardmode weapons to be lacking for Magic users, and found that none of them were really anything I'd write home about.

3). Get either Hellstone Armor or Crimson Armor to begin Hardmode with.

4). If you have Crimson as your Evil Biome, one thing you could do is fish for crates in your hardmode world. You might get a Bladetongue which is even better than the Night's Edge. If you have Corruption, you'll get a Toxikarp instead which.... can be useful in some situations, but I don't think it is quite as good as a Bladetongue.

Either way, fishing up crates lets you get a variety of hardmode ore rather quickly without having to roam around a dangerous world looking for ore spawns. Also, every time you break an altar, you turn one random Stone block into Crimstone or Ebonstone which will cause even faster corruption of your world. Also, smashing an altar triggers impromptu spawns of the Mech bosses, so if you fish up your crates to get your ore and never break a single altar, you will never have an impromptu mech boss attack, though you may want to smash exactly one altar later on so that pirates can naturally spawn without having to use maps once you've defeated the mechs.

5). Try digging a shallow hole in the Frozen biome to farm an Amarok. Just like the Cascade, it can drop off of any enemy in the Frozen Biome. As an added bonus, if a Golem spawns, clever use of yo-yos and hideyholes can let you kill them, and if you get a frozen feather, you will have a free pair of wings once you kill a couple wyverns, rather than spending 2 platinum on Jungle Wings.

6). If it rains, stick around in the Forest biome and try to kill Angry Nimbus clouds, if a Nimbus Rod drops, the Destroyer is laughably easy. Should you succeed in killing it, you can then farm the Yelets from the Jungle, again, using some clever hidey holes to use Yo-Yos or rain clouds to kill the bees there from relative safety.

Back
Top Bottom