HELP in hardmode

Kael 2

Terrarian
i'm already having trouble with finding alters in hard mode but...

tell me what are some good magic gear for early hard mode please and tell me some good weapons (any type)

Well. First thing is first, is your world Corrupt or Bloody? What do you have for armor and tools, and is this your first experience with hard mode in Terraria?

i have a bloody world and i have full hellstone gear and wepons and i have a im staff i have a water bolt book a sctye book an ice bow and a gun that the wall of flesh drops

Since your world has crimson, you could farm for ichor from ichor stickers and souls of night from any mobs in the underground crimson, then make the Golden Shower spell. This spell remains useful into endgame for the debuff it causes, which decreases an enemy's defense by 20 (making them take 10 more damage per shot in normal mode). This is especially useful if you want to keep a gun/bow free to use other bullets then ichor.

If you have the tattered cloths to make a goblin battle standard, you could summon a goblin invasion. The mini-boss has a chance to drop a powerful magic item. (It may drop a powerful bow or knife, in expert mode, you're guaranteed one of those 3.)

Killing angry nimbus mobs can drop a nimbus rod, which is very useful for the destroyer. (What I usually try to do is take the destroyer on with mostly pre-hardmode equipment, then go straight from necro/jungle/molten armor up to hallowed, so I can skip the tedious mining of the ores spawned by the smashed altars.) Unfortunately, the angry nimbus mobs will only spawn during the rain and aren't especially common. However, they are not difficult to kill.

If you are a fan of fishing, you can catch the Crystal Serpent magic weapon in the Hallow (40 Damage, similar to crystal bullets). Other then that, there is the 3 Spellbooks - Crystal Storm, Golden Shower (Crimson Exclusive) and Cursed Flames (Corruption Exclusive) all of which are available before defeating any mechanical bosses.

As to the mage gear, I would recommend one of the hard-mode ore sets with the appropriate helmet. After that, you could move to Hallowed > Chlorophyte > Spectre > Nebula (Endgame).

Since I was gone for too long and people have covered a good portion of the early hard mode magic weapons, a good starting melee weapon for hard mode is the cutlass which is dropped from the pirates and ship of the pirate invasion.

Spiders from the spider nests drop another great magical weapon, the poison staff.

Normal mimics drop the magic dagger, which is very strong early on, as well as a lot of convenient and helpful accessories when it comes to staying alive.

ice mimics too drop very powerful weapons for early hard mode, such as the flower of frost or the ice bow. While farming ice mimics, the icy mermen can drop the frost staff and it along with the other enemies can drop the ice sickle.

The next good obtainable gun (unless you get the coin gun from the pirates) is the uzi as a drop from the angry trappers in the hard mode jungle, though it is a somewhat rare drop.

If you're running on the PC 1.3+ updates, the meteor staff is a craft-able hard mode magic weapon, and the crimson and hallowed mimics also drop very strong weapons, and only require 15 souls of the related area to summon above ground where they're easier to fight, or if you're strong enough, they'll spawn underground occasionally, and you can fight and possibly kill them there.

thanks guys best people here very useful thanks again :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

If you are a fan of fishing, you can catch the Crystal Serpent magic weapon in the Hallow (40 Damage, similar to crystal bullets). Other then that, there is the 3 Spellbooks - Crystal Storm, Golden Shower (Crimson Exclusive) and Cursed Flames (Corruption Exclusive) all of which are available before defeating any mechanical bosses.

As to the mage gear, I would recommend one of the hard-mode ore sets with the appropriate helmet. After that, you could move to Hallowed > Chlorophyte > Spectre > Nebula (Endgame).
i was thinking of fish but i wasnt sure how to but now i will with bait

Back
Top Bottom