Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Mac OSX 10.10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
In my small town in the forest, I have 2 houses. The town music plays and it's quite enjoyable to be in. However, once it becomes night, Owls are showing up every minute. Since only one can land at a time, the others fly over until they are out of view. I got up to 3 owls on my screen at once! Normally I would be able to handle it but the hooting is very obnoxious. Owls are pretty rare to spot in real life so it doesn't make sense to make them so much.

This will be an insanely easy fix (I hope), by just turning down the spawn chance. It'll make the spotting of one feel more rare and exciting rather than "Oh look another owl, can someone go kill it?". And maybe turn down the frequency at which they *hoot* cause that happens a little too much too.

Thanks!
(I've talked to people on the Discord and some seem to have this problem as well. )
Let me know if you guys have this problem too.
-dismodude (Sage)

There's a chance you have your spawnrate set to a high amount if you are playing Journey Mode.

If the hooting is obnoxious even with a x1 spawnrate, you can turn down your in-game sound with this setting in the screenshot below:

2020-05-18 16_54_34-Window.png

There's a chance you have your spawnrate set to a high amount if you are playing Journey Mode.

If the hooting is obnoxious even with a x1 spawnrate, you can turn down your in-game sound with this setting in the screenshot below:

View attachment 271607
I currently am not playing in journey mode. I have been turning the sound down, idk it just seems silly to do it just for owls.

Back
Top Bottom