Help with expert Plantera

From my personal experience, two of the best weapons to fight Plantera with in expert mode are the mushroom spear and the megashark. The mushroom spear is good because the mushroom projectiles it has can go through walls, which is especially good for the first form. A megashark with ichor, crystal, or chlorophyte bullets is a good weapon for the second form since the LAST THING you want to do in that form is touch him (or her, or it, or whatever Plantera is). For buffs, I use ironskin and regeneration potions, as well as cooked fish or soup for the well fed buff. I've also found it almost necessary to have heart lamps and honey for more health regen.

Oh, and one more thing. Even though Plantera's bullets can go through walls in expert mode, he can't actually shoot while he's in a wall, which is where the mushroom spear comes in. So while it is a good idea to have a lot of running space in your arena, you may also want to have a few walls in there so you can get Plantera stuck in one and get some free hits.

Hope this helps!

It took me a while to get it down, but this setup with teleporters worked for me in the end. They are cross-wired, so the one on the top-left connects with the one on the bottom right. I used Megashark with chlorophyte bullets.

First phase: Just keep running in one direction, the teleporters provide an infinite loop to run.
Second phase: Stand right next to one teleporter, wait till the boss closes in. Then step on the teleporter, get warped across the room, continue shooting till boss comes close again. Repeat.

Attachments

• Capture 2015-08-01 18_30_15.png
    Capture 2015-08-01 18_30_15.png
    920.8 KB · Views: 203
I'll try that, but then i have to make a crimson world

Whatever world is your main world, you pretty much always want to make a secondary world with the opposite evil infection to get the exclusive stuff from there.

I always import a few blocks of crim/ebonstone and dig out a big section to deliberately infect with the opposite material of my main world. This lets you collect the monster drops (worm teeth for thorns potions, ichor for ichor flasks, crimson/corruption dungeon keys and fish, etc) that you can't otherwise get.

It doesn't work for everything - there's no way to spawn a crimson mimic in a corruption world, for example. So I have my main expert world, and a second normal world where I went through and burned down Plantera (amazing how easy this is after you're used to Expert) to get access to the dungeon chests and all of the hardmode spawns. For the sake of integrity, I got a corruption key in my expert world to go pick up the Scourge on the normal world.

Back
Top Bottom