Maps help with making a huge adventure map

what the water dungeon pattern might be (changes unlikely) once its in game i will have a special post were only the lighting will be set up for it to have all the lights going at once (final build will cut it up so only the room the player is in lights up) it will show how the lights will converge to the center

Attachments

• ToS-map pattern.png
    ToS-map pattern.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 158
update 6-3-18 octopus design finished (fine details still needs to be added)

Attachments

• the_tale_of_souls.wld
    11.4 MB · Views: 145
update 6-4-18 some of the design details added crown and part around the eyes

Attachments

• the_tale_of_souls (1).wld
    11.4 MB · Views: 164
update 6-12-18 some more wiring done around the crystal some areas are cut off for later (the special preview version will not have them)

Attachments

• the_tale_of_souls.wld
    11.4 MB · Views: 155
update 6-15-18 (added more biomes, increased height to engines so it wont be noisy, added a few designs to the lonesome pyramid)

Attachments

• the_tale_of_souls (2).wld
    11.4 MB · Views: 147
update 7/12/18 added easy access teleporter to the octo dungeon engines used for lighting, added switches to fix a problem with leaving the world while the lighting system is on and a way inside without a rod of discord
edit posted the wrong one again fixed it lol

Attachments

11.4 MB · Views: 148
Last edited:
update 7/24/18 using a different wire set up and had to move and change some gemspark on the right side and the crystal none of the left side has been changed yet

Attachments

11.5 MB · Views: 143
update 8/2/18 finished setting the wire for another tentacle and removed some old test stuff on the left side

Attachments

11.5 MB · Views: 154
I kind of feel like doing a community map like this is the wrong way to do it. I think it would be better for one person to add stuff to the map and others post their TEdit schematics and have people vote on where things should go or maybe people could reserve a spot on the map to have their build placed, instead of playing pinball with one map file. Like maybe start with a screen shot of the whole map and as people make stuff and it gets added in update the screen shot. Why are you not able to use TEdit? I'm sure you could also find someone who can, to add things to the map for you. It just seems like this way would take a lot more time with everyone waiting on the one person who is working on the map to add in their bits. But I do like the idea of having a community made adventure map.

I kind of feel like doing a community map like this is the wrong way to do it. I think it would be better for one person to add stuff to the map and others post their TEdit schematics and have people vote on where things should go or maybe people could reserve a spot on the map to have their build placed, instead of playing pinball with one map file. Like maybe start with a screen shot of the whole map and as people make stuff and it gets added in update the screen shot. Why are you not able to use TEdit? I'm sure you could also find someone who can, to add things to the map for you. It just seems like this way would take a lot more time with everyone waiting on the one person who is working on the map to add in their bits. But I do like the idea of having a community made adventure map.
well i do agree but as it stands only me and graphickiwi are working on it and we both have had to deal with rl for a while no one else has offered to pitch anything i do like your idea though but this is a large world so getting a full image of its is kind of well a tall order. as for why i cant use Tedit its due to this not being my computer and it has a password on installing programs. kiwi has Tedit but from what i heard they cant use it without something like a proxy or something to let the use it and those are payed services so they only had free trials to do some work on the map sorry i dont know to much about it so really explain it to well. right now i was just about to get on and do some more work on the lighting. i have to turn on every other 5 gem spark block sections at a time to do have the effect. but it still not what i wanted but im force to do it that way for wire space issues. (if i knew how to make a gif of it and post it i would :/) anyways if you have a why to help im all ears. just remember this is my first map so i really dont know what im doing.

Well, if you guys need help with wiring stuff you can always ask me questions. I think you should add some more screen shots to show what you have so far.
I know you can also take and image and paste it in TEdit so I guess I could do that with the octopus shape for you guys then you can fill in the details. Not sure if there is a way to do it without deleting all the stuff around it.

in the first screenshot well this what im working on. the left side is the old way alternated lines to make the signal go along each row. where the bar of light lights the row in front of it as the light at the end turns off and repeats to the end to make look like its moving. but due to the arms overlapping so getting that alternating to work on is impossible. the effect i wanted to get is having a the signal go row by row creating a bar that moves along the design. the old way had the design all dark but had the bar (was plained to) move along the whole thing. it was a 5 row wide bar that moved between around 70-ish space between each signal pulse (the dart traps firing again) it used dart traps to make it light up (one dart trap started it turning on the GP and the 5th teal plate fired another dart to make the bar. turning off the GP but keeping some of them lit as making a bar move along the design).

that is what i wanted but the part where it goes from one row to the next is something i cant do. so i had to use the other design and just use that engine on the 2nd screenshot which is the old engine with extra steps and one less dart trap(main engine on the left side. the right was my attempt to make the same effect as the old design but didnt work) while the new design wringing does fit but needs to be pre-lit all the way through which to me looks ugly

you will get more info from the map itself then anything i can post in pictures here just use the most recent wld file it has signs to help point out some things

Attachments

• Screenshot (46).png
    Screenshot (46).png
    643.4 KB · Views: 152
  • Screenshot (48).png
    Screenshot (48).png
    494.8 KB · Views: 170
Back
Top Bottom