PC Help with My House

Zephyrius

Terrarian
Can you please help me?

I'm having trouble with getting the game to recognize the room I'm standing on as a house.
As you can see, there's a light source, a table, and a chair.
But when I put the little question mark on that room or assign any NPC to that room, it says it's not a valid house.

I tried removing the light source so that I can see what the problem is, and when I checked it, it said it was missing a light source.
But when I put it back, and checked it, it said it was not a valid house again.
What's the problem here?

The problem shouldn't be insufficient space, because the room 2nd below it is even smaller, but it's still valid housing.
I'm playing the latest version. If providing my map can help, then I will send it to you through a PM.

Thanks.

(I realize my English must be broken, but forgive me for it as I am still but a student struggling for survival. I think my English is good enough. Haha :D )

2yy353k.png

Most likely reason is:
wiki said:
The NPC needs at least two solid (non-platform) blocks to stand on at night. These blocks may not be directly adjacent to either of the 2 side walls of the house.
Try replacing one or both of the platforms the table stands on to solid blocks, and if the room becomes valid, that means that you need to rework the room so npc can find a place to stand on, that's not too close to a wall.

I believe your problem might be insufficient flooring space. It works on the floor below, because NPCs have a place to stand. Try shaping the room so NPCs have more than 4 blocks to stand on.

Back
Top Bottom