Console Help with plantera?

hi, can someone help me as i am frustrated to a point of bombing my world, i am trying create a area for plantera bulbs to specifically spawn, i have had one in like a week, now none :( i have cleared the map of jungle apart from the area on the screenshot, any advice?

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 217
I feel that was a bad idea to do, as it limits just how many bulbs can spawn. You really should have just left the jungle as is and looked for the bulbs normally.

Nah there was too much jungle, well lets say there was soo much it took me a good 5-6 hours clearing it all, and plus its not uncommon for someone to make a plantera bulb farm

It is a bit uncommon for a player to completely destroy the jungle just to make a 20-30 block farm. And if there was too much jungle, just first, use the glowing mushroom clentaminator solution, then use the green solution. It will turn it into ordinary forest.

The idea was to have a specific area so i dont need to run around the jungle, and no offense i asked for peoples advice on why it isnt working not to give opinions on whether they would or wouldnt do something

One should expect to get opinions on the reasoning behind killing most of the jungle for a small farm. Just so you know, more land area is more area for it to spawn in. You pretty much cutdown a gigantic portion of land where tons of bulbs can spawn to a small bit of jungle where you may get one every now and then.

Forgive me if i sounded rude, not my intention, So in theory if i just extend that farm so its crazy long?? My idea behind it is to have the 2 runs underneath, and then a hollow arena with platforms above to actually fight it,

I would have it set up like that. Say make it 100-200 blocks in length, and 4 of these farms stacked on each other. Should work well. I have no time to test this currently, sorry.

Ok so ive extended the farm to 150 blocks, and 3 tiers, and it spawns indefinately, do you only get 1 at a time tho? Cos i dont get a new bulb until the existing one is gone

From wiki: Plantera's Bulb spawns roughly 150-300 tiles from each other.

So if you're really lucky, you may get another one if the first one spawned on the edge of the farm.

I built the following contraption for farming Plantera, at 3 different places on my map. That way there's always at least one farm available with a bulb. BTW you can even build in Corruption/Crimson as long as there's sufficient space around the farm to prevent corruption from spreading to the jungle tiles.
PlanteraFarmArena.jpg PlanteraFarmArenaW.jpg

Last edited:
Lol well mine seems to be working ok for the minute thanks for the help though guys :)
Just a tip, I'm pretty sure plantera enrages when taken out of the jungle.

For my world all I usually do is create 2-4 arenas in my jungle and then have rows of single block jungle grass roughly 100 blocks long and I do about 15 of these, seems to always have one ready to fight at any of the arenas (sometimes I get two if one spawns at an edge and another in the arena).

Just a tip, I'm pretty sure plantera enrages when taken out of the jungle.
It does, however if you combine the farm with the arena (like I did), it doesn't.

By building a Plantera's Bulb farm in the middle of the arena, you create an artificial jungle biome (80+ jungle tiles). Using actuators on the jungle tiles you can quickly flip them into the background, creating a large empty area for your boss battle. The jungle tiles still counts towards the jungle biome even when actuated.

This allows you to build the combined farm/arena anywhere, even in crimson/corruption without Plantera becoming enraged (as long as you stay inside the farm/arena during the battle). This will also ensure that you will get one Bulb as the farm will be more than 300 tiles away from another farm (or the main jungle).

It may take a while before a bulb spawns though, if the world is relatively new and the jungle isn't saturated with bulbs already. It takes about 1/2 a day for a Bulb to spawn.

Heres something else, not sure if this helps really.. But, hey you never know.. Doing the multi farm setup should help you get a decent number, but it all depends on where it spawns, you really want them to spawn towards the sides, if they spawn in mid, you're kind of screwed. I would extend it to make sure one bulb won't screw it up for another to spawn in.

Hi, thanks for the tips, i now have successfully created my farms, thanks to r4v for your idea with the actuators, i have created a triangle of 3 farms, each 100 blocks long and 3 rows, all 300 tiles away from each other so they are farms / arenas, they work like a treat, i get one bulb per farm and its normally 4-5 mins before they respawn again :)

Back
Top Bottom