Help with Smart Cursor

Zynyster

Terrarian
I've looked everywhere but my problem is this: When I have smart cursor enabled, hold or toggle, and I'm trying to build walls, it only builds walls directly on top of my cursor and will not automatically fill a room like I see in videos. I have to move my cursor around as if smart cursor was not enabled.

This is only for building walls everything else works fine with smart cursor on.

I've tried with dirt walls and all types of walls it doesn't work.

I have the range to build several tiles away from my character but it still doesnt move.

Bug or do I not have something enabled?

Thanks

You have to remove the background wall with an axe first.

To anyone reading this with the same problem, remove natural dirt wall first then the auto wall placement will work if theres no background wall.

Basically the smart cursor does not work when replacing one wall with another, maybe when 1.4 comes out it will.

You have to remove the background wall with an axe first.
Walls require a hammer. You might be using a hamaxe, which combines the functions of a hammer and an axe?

To anyone reading this with the same problem, remove natural dirt wall first then the auto wall placement will work if theres no background wall.
Yes, natural walls need to be removed by the player. They are not auto-replaced by smart cursor. Smart cursor will remove all walls in range if a hammer or hamaxe is selected.

Basically the smart cursor does not work when replacing one wall with another, maybe when 1.4 comes out it will.
I'd say the behaviour is unlikely to change. Smart cursor doesn't replace existing walls; only the player can do this. If a player wanted to mix the type of walls they use, it would be frustrating if smart cursor kept replacing existing walls.

Back
Top Bottom