1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TCF will be undergoing a scheduled software and server upgrade on September 26, 2019 beginning at 9:00AM GMT. TCF may be unavailable for an extended period after this time. More information can be found here. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause, we will try to keep the downtime short.

PC Help with this issue

Discussion in 'PC Technical Support' started by mr.kangaroo, Aug 18, 2019.

1. mr.kangaroo

mr.kangaroo Terrarian

I keep on encountering this 'bug' when I open a PvE server. Is there any way to fix it?

Attached Files:

2. Grumpy Squid

Grumpy Squid Plantera

Is the server using any modded server software or mods in general or is this a completely vanilla experience?

3. SsnakeeTheDragon

SsnakeeTheDragon Brain of Cthulhu

So first, is this preventing you from using the sever? (Causes close, etc). If so, then there seems to be something to do with how it is rendering the lighting of blocks. More description is necessary to help out. I suggest edit the original post, and title. Also, I say the same as above; are there any server plugins or mods? Especially anything that changes how things are rendered, e.g overhaul. Try running the server on a fresh install of terraria (move your installation and re-download.) Please document what happens there, and we can isolate where the bug is originating.

4. mr.kangaroo

mr.kangaroo Terrarian

So sorry for being late, I didn't get an alert. And it is preventing me from using the Pve part of the server. I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it stopped working. I'll try again sometime when I'm avalible. It just sends me out of the application with an error message. The server is called Terraria One. It is not nodded or anything.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 13, 2019, Original Post Date: Sep 13, 2019 ---
    Again, I'm sorry for being late.

5. Grumpy Squid

Grumpy Squid Plantera

Do you own the server or is it a server you found online that you're joining?

6. SsnakeeTheDragon

Do you have TModLoader installed? It isn't compatible with vanilla, just want to cross that one off.

7. mr.kangaroo

mr.kangaroo Terrarian

I do not own the server and I used to have tmodloader but I deleted it.

8. SsnakeeTheDragon

Have you fully cleaned up the files?
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 13, 2019, Original Post Date: Sep 13, 2019 ---
    Also, does this occur on just this server? Try others— they may have a broken plugin that is stopping you from playing. Look around online too. Other people may have the same problem on the server.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 13, 2019 ---
    Perhaps bring this issue up with the staff by using 'discussion' on Terraria One | Terraria server

9. mr.kangaroo

mr.kangaroo Terrarian

No I haven't cleaned up the files. I've never been on any server like that so I haven't experienced it elsewhere. Ill "clean up the files" when my computer is available. If the issue keeps on happening, I'll contact one of the Terraria One mods. My computer is currently being fixed.

10. SsnakeeTheDragon

I see. By clean up, I mean delete the terraria folder (your saves are stored elsewhere don't worry), and reinstall. Perhaps you need new framework too

11. mr.kangaroo

mr.kangaroo Terrarian

All right, thanks for all of the help. I really appreciate it.

12. SsnakeeTheDragon

No problem