Help

Starlane

Skeletron Prime
I've been trying to make a few contraptions, but I need a way to automatically create and destroy blocks, similarly to how an actuator works. I need a way to get sand to drain at activation.

May I make a suggestion: could you make the thread title a LITTLE more descriptive?

I don't recall a way for block destruction to work in an automated fashion. The only thing that I can think of for sand is to place a door, open it, and placing sand on the open section. When the door gets activated, it will fully clear and let the sand fall. The problem is you can only have 1-2 contiguous columns of sand "actuated" this way.

I just need a way to control the sand falling. I have a 1 block channel I'm trying to control the flow of sand into. So, that door method will probably work, and I will try it now.
[doublepost=1532800000,1532799447][/doublepost]It works perfectly! Now to fin out if there's a way to automatically purify or corrupt blocks...

[...] Now to fin out if there's a way to automatically purify or corrupt blocks...

Other than the passive world spread? Not that I'm aware of. Other than the world spread, Re-Logic made it so that world editing of that scale more or less has to be player-induced. The only other exception besides hallow and corruption/crimson spread is meteor strikes. (Though there is a workaround for meteor prevention.)

Corrupting, Crimsoning, or Hallowing blocks is easy enough (passive function of the game in HM), but purification isn't as all methods are player-actions. (Powders and the Clentaminator.)

Cobwebs can hold up pillars of sand, so knocking them out with a projectile, such as from a dart trap, could also work, depending on your needs.

Back
Top Bottom