Retinazer
tModLoader
wvTwjef.png

Helpful Hotkeys

Latest Download:
Mod Browser (in-game) - Direct link - Alt download Link
Open to collaboration on GitHub
Discord:

This mod adds hotkeys that I (and you!) find useful. Currently there are 12 of them, but more hotkeys will come according to user suggestions.

`:passionate: Honestly, there is no reason you shouldn't have this mod installed
all the time, unless convenience annoys you. `:passionate:

Cycle Ammo: (Defaults to period)

Cycles the ammo in the ammo slots. Quickly switch ammo to adapt to situations. Hold for 1 second to enable/disable Auto Cycle Ammo mode. While in Auto Cycle Ammo mode, ammo is cycled each time ammo would be used.

Auto Torch: (Defaults to the Tilde/Backtick key)

Automatically places a torch from your inventory in the world as close to the mouse cursor as possible. Great for placing torches quickly while exploring without worrying about aiming the mouse to find a suitable wall or tile to attach to. Especially useful when exploring the Underground Jungle because many places lack walls, so torch anchors are few and far between.

Auto Recall: (Defaults to the Home key)

Automatically uses a Magic Mirror, Cellphone, or Recall Potion from your inventory. No longer does your magic mirror need to occupy precious space on your hotbar. Worry no more about accidentally using your Magic Mirror while scrolling through your weapons. (Now you can worry about accidentally hitting the Home key, hopefully your fingers are usually nowhere near it.)

Quick Use Item #20: (Defaults to the L key)

Instantly use the item in the 20th item slot (2nd row far right) Useful for Money Trough, Rod of Discord, etc. Easy access and clean hotbar. Hotkeys for slots 11-19 can be enabled through a config option.

Quick Stack to Chests: (Defaults to -, the minus key)

If using a chest, Quick Stacks to that chest, otherwise, Quick Stacks to nearby chests. Simply a keyboard shortcut to the buttons. Just hold down the hotkey and run through your treasure room!

Smart Quick Stack to Chests: (Defaults to \, the key near backspace)

No more painful chest management! Simply place an item in a chest and then use this hotkey and watch as the magic happens! Unfavorited items similar to items already in the chest will be placed in the chest. There is even a button in the UI for this hotkey. For example, place a Wooden Axe in a chest, and your Iron Axe will join it. Melee Weapons in one chest, Magic in another? Bam, this hotkey will sort them into the correct chest. Use either with a chest individually or with nearby chests.

The UI button:
D3XO9Cl.png

Quick Buff Favorited Only: (Defaults to B - You'll want to remap the original Quick Buff)

Just like Quick Buff, but only attempts to use the potions that have been favorited (Alt-click). No longer need you fight bosses with Sonar, Fishing, Crate, Spelunker, etc potions.
Query Mod Origin: (Defaults to the /? key)

Hover over an item, NPC, buff, tile, or wall, use the hotkey, and a message will tell you which mod the thing came from.

Toggle Autopause: (Defaults to P)

Toggles the autopause setting.

Swap Hotbar: (no default assigned)

This will swap the hotbar and the 1st row of inventory. Useful for swapping weapon and tool loadouts.

Swap Armor and Vanity: (no default assigned)

This will swap all armor in vanity with equipped armor, but only if the vanity slot is actual armor and not vanity. Hold for half a second to additionally swap accessories.

Cycling Quick Mount: (no default assigned)
A special Quick Mount hotkey that will cycle through all available mounts rather than just one. If used, simply replace the vanilla Quick Mount with this more versatile alternative.

Note: Change hotkey assignments in Settings/Mod Controls, either at the main menu or the in-game menu.

Possible Future Ideas:
  • Open Nearest Door.
  • Dash hotkey
  • Minion Respawn
  • ???
HelpfulHotkeys.png

Last edited:
This mod adds hotkeys that I (and you!) find useful. Currently there are 2 of them, but more hotkeys will come according to user suggestions.

Download from Mod Browser in game. (tModLoader v0.7+)

`:passionate: Honestly, there is no reason you shouldn't have this mod installed
all the time, unless convenience annoys you. `:passionate:

Auto Torch: (Defaults to the Tilde/Backtick key)

Automatically places a torch from your inventory in the world as close to the mouse cursor as possible. Great for placing torches quickly while exploring without worrying about aiming the mouse to find a suitable wall or tile to attach to. Especially useful when exploring the Underground Jungle because many places lack walls, so torch anchors are few and far between.

Auto Recall: (Defaults to the Home key)

Automatically uses a Magic Mirror, Cellphone, or Recall Potion from your inventory. No longer does your magic mirror need to occupy precious space on your hotbar. Worry no more about accidentally using your Magic Mirror while scrolling through your weapons. (Now you can worry about accidentally hitting the Home key, hopefully your fingers are usually nowhere near it.)
Note: Change hotkey assignments in Settings/Mod Controls, either at the main menu or the in-game menu.
Brilliant idea.
Idea:
Auto double/triple/etc. Jump.
Activate All Usefull Buffs (for bossfighting, when you don't want to use the fishing potion you have).

:( Doesn't work with the Tremor mod,
but maybe adding a button that uses both Health and Mana potions at once instead of having to press H and J.

Seems to work for me, are there Tremor Remastered items that should work as well?
Oh, nevermind, for some reason it decided it wanted to work, heh
Yesterday, no matter how much I tried it wouldn't work. :D xD

But until about end of pre-hardmode everything seemed fine.

New Update: v1.1

Added Cycle Ammo Hotkey, as well as Auto Cycle Ammo mode. See video in OP to see how it works.

Hmm, I'm not sure I can circumvent or disable the original "double tap arrow key" hotkey, so would adding a separate hotkey for this even be useful if the original was still there?
Yes. I reckon someone should suggest for the double-tap to have a config option "enableDoubleTapDash" or something of the like in Terraria 1.3.1, or tModLoader 0.7.1 (they have different config files). In fact I'll suggest them in a minute.

My ideal hotkey setup would be something like hold B then tap A to dash left but I dunno if it's feasible to do something like that

I'd just like to say it's a super useful mod anyway though - love it. Now if only tModLoader worked in multiplayer...

1.2 released:
1 new hotkey:
Quick Stack to Chests: Useful hotkey for the UI buttons. Typical usage: run through your treasure room holding the hotkey to clean out your inventory.

and, well...

1.3 released!!
1 more new hotkey:
Quick Buff Favorited Only:
Just like Quick Buff, but only attempts to use the potions that have been favorited (Alt-click). No longer need you fight bosses with Sonar, Fishing, Crate, Spelunker, etc potions!!!

and, well...

1.3 released!!
1 more new hotkey:
Quick Buff Favorited Only:
Just like Quick Buff, but only attempts to use the potions that have been favorited (Alt-click). No longer need you fight bosses with Sonar, Fishing, Crate, Spelunker, etc potions!!!
Really useful.

just installed it and OMG its my new fav mod! Here's my hotkey idea, money trough :D thanks for your hard work

Back
Top Bottom