tModLoader Helpful NPCs

Casu

Empress of Light
Welcome to Helpful NPCs!

This mod adds five new NPCs that sell items to reduce the amount of grinding you have to do.

NPCs
Miner
single_0003_Ebene-0.png

- Sells bars and gems
- Spawns after defeating the Eye of Cthulhu

Expert Fisherman
single_0001_Ebene-2.png

- Sells bait (including truffle worm), normal fish, and an item that gives the current quest fish
- Spawns after having an angler

Hunter
single_0002_Ebene-1.png

- Sells souls, various monster drops, and ammo
- Spawns after defeating the Eye of Cthulhu

Environmentalist
single_0000_Ebene-3.png

- Sells plants, seeds, and critters
- Spawns after defeating the Queen Bee

Chester
chester.gif

- Sells a random item that can normally be found as chest loot
- Spawns randomly in the world

Config
Each NPC can be disabled in the mod config.

Big thanks to @Lonely Star (Lonely Star#6056 on discord) for making new npc sprites

Please let me know how Chester's spawn rate feels. Should he spawn more or less? Also tell me any items you think I missed that NPCs should sell, I'm not very familiar with 1.4 content yet.

Github Repo Link
The version for Terraria 1.3 is attached to this post

Attachments

• HelpfulNPCs.zip
    67.1 KB · Views: 6,243
Last edited:
That moment when you see Caseratis has a new mod, you click it immediately and gaze in awe. Seriously man, you make so many helpful mods! Good luck with this one too!

That moment when you see Caseratis has a new mod, you click it immediately and gaze in awe. Seriously man, you make so many helpful mods! Good luck with this one too!

Thanks man, it's kinda funny that me not wanting to work is why I make new mods. I'd rather make a new mod rather than work on existing ones XD. I already have a plan for my next mod.

This looks like a great mod, but one question:

What is this oh so mysterious 'space' boss? :)

I knew someone would call me out on it. When I made the post I forgot what boss I had it as so I'll update the post tomorrow when I can get on my computer. I'm pretty sure it is the Golem though.

I released the mod so go download it and never have to mine or fish or farm again.

I noticed the fisherman sells the Guide Voodoo Doll
Guide_Voodoo_Doll.png
instead of the Guide Voodoo Fish
Guide_Voodoo_Fish.png
(at least in the picture). Is this a bug?

I noticed the fisherman sells the Guide Voodoo Doll
Guide_Voodoo_Doll.png
instead of the Guide Voodoo Fish
Guide_Voodoo_Fish.png
(at least in the picture). Is this a bug?
Whoops, that was a mistake. I'll fix it.

Edit: Fixed in newest update.

Last edited:
I don't see a HelpfulNPC thing in my mod configs. Is there a way to just force it in? I don't need the gardener unless he sold pumpkin.

I don't see a HelpfulNPC thing in my mod configs. Is there a way to just force it in? I don't need the gardener unless he sold pumpkin.
Yeah, I kinda messed up to where the config won't generate. I think I'll make pumpkins be sold too.

I think the quest fish should be a bit more, seems a bit OP to only have to spend 10 gold. I play with the Leveled mod, and it puts bosses at levels so that there're impossible to beat at lower levels, but later you can one-shot them and earn a ton of money. But who knows right?

P.S I plan to download all your mods as-is anyways!:D

I think the quest fish should be a bit more, seems a bit OP to only have to spend 10 gold. I play with the Leveled mod, and it puts bosses at levels so that there're impossible to beat at lower levels, but later you can one-shot them and earn a ton of money. But who knows right?

P.S I plan to download all your mods as-is anyways!:D
I think autochests allows you to craft quest fish using bass and 15 gold coins but I like having it be 10 gold coins.

I think autochests allows you to craft quest fish using bass and 15 gold coins but I like having it be 10 gold coins.
Ok, it's your mod, so no problem really. I was just saying that, again, with the Leveled mod I can pretty much kill the EoC in 1-5 hits. And true, he only drops 3 gold, but if I kill 20 in one night, that's 60 gold. However my main reasoning is that the angler sometimes gives you money as a reward, and it goes all the way up to 10 gold.

New version released
- Miner sells stone blocks
- Gardener renamed to Botanist
- Botanist sells pumpkins

Back
Top Bottom