Here's my attempt at a cozy winter cottage...

HarshMellow

Spazmatism
So, um, yeah... The key word in the title is attempt. I think I did fairly okay (considering the quality of my other builds), but you can be the judge of that.

Cozy winter cottage.png

Last edited:
Very cute, lots of little details and a great shape. You did really well. I'd love to live in that cozy house.

The details on it are extremley nice, i love them. But i dont like so many of the snow and building's general shape. Anyways having closer look at the decorations makes it feel very nice about this house.

So, um, yeah... The key word in the title is attempt. I think I did fairly okay (considering the quality of my other builds), but you can be the judge of that.

View attachment 87147

This is looking extremely cozy! Feeling warmer already ^.^ Now...where's my cup of cocoa with marshmallows if you'll please?
I like the attention to detail you've put into this build, especially regarding the decoration/furnishing.
The overall shape of the house is also very pleasing to the eye, and I really like that you sculpted the snow with a hammer, to make it feel smoother.

I have a few suggestions I'd make that might really make this build pop, if you don't mind ^.^
Unless you're going to be using the upstairs balcony as an escape route, putting some snow on the deck (maybe hammered to a half block) would be a great touch. You won't be able to open/use that door anymore, but who would want to leave such a cozy house anyway?

On the topic of snow, the left corner of the roof feels a bit off, with the snow missing. If you added some snow, it would look good, however, if you hammered the exposed roof to slanted, it might help to give it a feel as if the snow slid off. Come to think of it, I would probably do the same to the adjacent corner of that roof. I like the idea of having some of the roof exposed.

If you use different kinds of background walls, you can give the windows a border, really allowing them to stand out a bit more. I'd suggest playing around with rich mahogany and shadewood to achieve this affect. Oh, and paint them brown ;D

You've absolutely got the right idea with the spiral staircase, but if you take out the wooden beams completely, and use a background wall in its place (shadewood painted brown would be perfect) then you can place platforms in front of it, allowing you to give the spiral staircase a more "realistic" feel. As I said, you've got the right idea about it, that wooden beam is just preventing you from following through.

That's the end of my suggestions, I promise! Take them or leave them :D
All in all, great build! You definitely don't need to have "attempt" in the title. I'd say mission accomplished!
I look forward to seeing more builds from you ^.^

This is looking extremely cozy! Feeling warmer already ^.^ Now...where's my cup of cocoa with marshmallows if you'll please?
I like the attention to detail you've put into this build, especially regarding the decoration/furnishing.
The overall shape of the house is also very pleasing to the eye, and I really like that you sculpted the snow with a hammer, to make it feel smoother.

I have a few suggestions I'd make that might really make this build pop, if you don't mind ^.^
Unless you're going to be using the upstairs balcony as an escape route, putting some snow on the deck (maybe hammered to a half block) would be a great touch. You won't be able to open/use that door anymore, but who would want to leave such a cozy house anyway?

On the topic of snow, the left corner of the roof feels a bit off, with the snow missing. If you added some snow, it would look good, however, if you hammered the exposed roof to slanted, it might help to give it a feel as if the snow slid off. Come to think of it, I would probably do the same to the adjacent corner of that roof. I like the idea of having some of the roof exposed.

If you use different kinds of background walls, you can give the windows a border, really allowing them to stand out a bit more. I'd suggest playing around with rich mahogany and shadewood to achieve this affect. Oh, and paint them brown ;D

You've absolutely got the right idea with the spiral staircase, but if you take out the wooden beams completely, and use a background wall in its place (shadewood painted brown would be perfect) then you can place platforms in front of it, allowing you to give the spiral staircase a more "realistic" feel. As I said, you've got the right idea about it, that wooden beam is just preventing you from following through.

That's the end of my suggestions, I promise! Take them or leave them :D
All in all, great build! You definitely don't need to have "attempt" in the title. I'd say mission accomplished!
I look forward to seeing more builds from you ^.^
Ohhhh, I didn't think about those... Thanks for the suggestions!

This is really nice!

Although the shape of the roof on the right side is confusing me a little bit, it's almost like 2/3rd's perspective but not quite? I dunno, maybe it's just me.

this does indeed look very nice, and to add to khaios' feedback, i'll say myself that i'd like to see a bit more variety between blocks and walls, right now, some of the rooms really dont stand out, because the wall is exactly the same as the blocks, the thing about so much boreal wood is that it kinda hides it's own details if you use too much of it.

still really good looking as it is.

Sorry for not replying to people's posts! DX
I've been ultra lazy. Anyway, thanks for the feedback! Happy New Year!

Back
Top Bottom