Drawings & Paintings Heres some stuff I've made.

Hello! Just thought I'd post a few things I've made. I haven't really posted on this forum in a while but I decided to check in and I saw this section for artwork and such that is not terraria related and felt like I needed to post a few things.

I've been trying to improve my artwork over the years but its kinda hard with all the temptations like games and such, also balancing school and work takes up a fair amount of my time too, but none the less I want to "git gud" and eventually find my style.

The pieces I post here might vary as I try out different media and work on digital and traditional stuff. I look forward to posting here again as I had a lot of fun back when I started, but I found it hard to constantly talk about terraria as I've played the game countless times and no longer know what to talk about lol. As a final note, I hope you enjoy the stuff I draw!

The three things I'm posting today are of a similar theme as they are all robots or robot like, I'm not comfortable drawing faces quite yet but Ill get there. Im not avoiding it per se, as I am making sure to sketch them, I'm just not comfortable posting them yet.

Heres a fairly old sketch I did that I roughly "coloured" with greys, its my Destiny 2 character after I got the midnight coup hand cannon, felt the need to draw it. Its a tad old but I still kinda like it.
Destiny Sketch.png

Here are a couple of new things I did with the program Krita, its a free program alot of people compare to photoshop. I havent used photoshop as its pricey and I want to get better at what I do before I use it, no point in expensive tools if I don't know how to use them. Krita is perfect for that as its free and open source, and it does what I need it to do. If anyone is wondering what tablet I use, its just a small wacom intuos which is pretty affordable. These aren't fully rendered and polished like some other people do, but I left em messy and dont plan on finishing them. I currently want to work on just doing stuff to get in the habit and spending too many hours polishing them isn't going to help me with that. I do have to learn how to do that, but I want to ensure I can do create the character and get is 60-70% of the way there first. Now that thats out of the way, here they are:

The first one is just a robot dude with a bat who will break kneecaps politely. I wanted to do it because I've been seeing a bunch of cyber punk robot things on my instagram feed and felt like I needed to do one too. I also wanted to try out direct and ambient lighting. Not sure I was doing it correctly. Basically, the shadow should be the same as the ambient colour, I should probably try this again. Also I tried obscuring a few of the darkest parts on his right into the background which I kinda like how it turned out.
Robodudemanflat.png

This next one a few friends said looked like Zer0 from the Borderlands games, that wasn't intentional but I might have had subconscious
reference. Im not angry that it kinda looks like Zero, because I frickin' love Borderlands, but this is just supposed to be a ninja dude I did, being sneaky... and another friend pointed out that he's not a good ninja since hes crouching in the middle of the light lol. I also dont normally do backgrounds, but I put this one in roughly and really liked how it turned out.
kritablockedinwip2.png

That's it for now, I'm currently at my dad's place and dont have any sketchbooks on me to post some other recent things. I have a ton of stuff on this computer but these are the most recent ones I have access too at the moment as I have been trying to get back into digital again.

I still have a ways to go, but I improved a TON since I last posted stuff here. I posted some fanart for Terraria on my ipad a while ago and cringe at the sight of them, but I won't delete them because I think its a good way to show myself that I improved.

Hope you liked em!

EDIT: Also ignore the file names lol. I have a bad habit of giving long and generic names to the files.

Havent really had much time to browse the forums/general internet recently, figured I’d post a few more drawings since I’m on. This time it’s traditional art with some mechanical pencil and gold/copper watercolours. It’s not watercolour paper or anything fancy, so I used a very small amount of watercolour to prevent warping. Hope you like em
3A0EE14B-E432-46DC-8BCD-D3923859833D.jpeg2A40DA15-596B-4B1B-B7B8-2BAD81B42A98.jpeg15500D5F-CA21-4171-B8F7-702AFDA116B5.jpeg

Also since I’m posting some of my traditional stuff, I’ll post the painting I made for my grandmother a little while back. I saw a wave painting on Instagram and felt inspired to do my own. It’s just acrylic on paper, none of that fancy oil paint stuff lol. 62F894E1-96B0-4F51-8019-70BEB16FC833.jpeg

Heres a few more things I've been working on!
The first one is a robot sage dude, he's wearing a mix of streetwear with patches and has some leg/waist wraps.
Capture.PNG
Next we have my first attempt at photobashing! its normally used to get realistic textures and such, but I just decided to mess around and make a robot since the picture I used was extremely blurry as it was taken with my cellphone camera lol. If I was to pursue it further, I would look into how to pinch and stretch selections to do something akin to foreshortening, but unfortunately I cant figure out how to do that lol. I would also do more overpaint anyways but I felt like this was a good place to stop. Overall, I had a lot of fun with this
Capture.PNG
Also here's a quick WIP of what I'm trying to do. I dont normally draw with perspective lines, I kinda just try to do what I feel is how objects go into space.
So far its just a lady with a mech but I want to potentially render it but I kinda struggle with that, plus this is turning into a pretty ambitious project for my short bursts of inspiration lol.
Capture.PNG

So far I've did some general blocking in of the arm so I can decide how I want to do this. Im probably going to avoid colours and focus on values if I continue to work on this, and I quickly quantified the space by adding some walls. I lost inspiration from this one so I'm going to come back to it
Capture.PNG

And finally a sketch from a bit ago where I experimented using only the round brush! This is my first attempt using only that, a round brush with opacity sliders. The rest of my pieces here are the same way except for the mech arm. I feel like its appropriate to show my first attempt where I struggled to get a hard edge without having to change to another round brush with full opacity, but Im learning to use the selection tool almost like a street artist would use a cardboard stencil with a spray can to get a hard edge. Its been fun since I haven't been relying on my customized fancy brushes I got used to.
Capture.PNG

Overall, I had a lot of fun drawing some robo dudes and stuff over the past little while

Perspective is something I've always struggled with, but you seem to have it down pretty damn well. Looking good!

I suppose 3D art doesn't need perspective skills anyways but whatever

Back
Top Bottom