tModLoader Heroriks Misc Items Mod

Do you like this idea or mod?

• Yes

• No (Tell me why)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Heroriks

Official Terrarian
Hello, my nick is heroriks and im a fairly new coder and spriter. This is my first mod ever. Any helpful feedback and bug reports or great ideas / sprites are always welcome. Im not that great at terraria spriting but i try my best and it would be nice if some1 could sprite for my mod.
Compresor - Used for compressing blocks. Compresor.png
Compressed Stone - Has 20 Tiers of compressed Stone
Purity Worm - A huge hallowed Biome worm boss. With 250k HP on normal mode and 500k HP on expert Mode.
Damage - 100 (Head) normal mode, 200 (Head) expert Mode.
Its weakness is its long lenght.
It drops - Daedalus Longbow, Flying Knife, 10 Greater Healing Pots, 20 Souls Of Purity, 10 Hallow Essenses.
HallowWormBag.png
Expert only - Biome Buff accessory.

The Lunar Eyes - A Core + 4 Eyes. The core spawns mass amounts of mobs. Each of the eye represents a pillar and has their attacks, magic, melee, ranged weapon, summoning.
Post Moon lord gear is recomended due to the crazyness of the battle. LunarEyesBag.png

The Ultrapede (Original Idea by cazacraneos54) - A Very Long and Very fast worm boss that drops some amazing items. TheUltrapedeBag.png
Block Seller - Sells basic blocks, intended for obtaining the Viguple Compresed Stone.
Purity Spirit - A Hallowed version of the Eater Of Souls.
Much stronger than its corruption counterpart and it shoots strong and large projectiles (removes all of the defense for 10 seconds - Unimplented).
Armored Purity Spirit - Much stronger version of the Purity Spirit. Gets spawned by the Purity worm (unimplemeted)
Hallow Worm - A much smaller, shorter and weaker version of the Purity Worm. 10k HP Normal Mode, 20k HP Expert Mode.
Copper Spear
CopperSpear.png

Tin Spear
TinSpear.png

Iron Spear
IronSpear.png

Lead Spear
LeadSpear.png

Silver Spear
SilverSpear.png

Tungsten Spear
TungstenSpear.png

Gold Spear
GoldSpear.png

Platinum Spear
PlatinumSpear.png

Demon Spear
DemonSpear.png

Jungle Spear
JungleSpear.png

Dungeon Spear
DungeonSpear.png

Hell Spear
HellSpear.png

Night Spear
NightSpear.png

Hallow Spear
HallowSpear.png
Beetle Spear
BeetleSpear.png

Frost Spear
FrostSpear.png

Desert Spear
DesertSpear.png

True Night Spear
(Kinda Broken)
TrueNightSpear.png

True Hallow Spear
(Kinda Broken) TrueHallowSpear.png
Terra Spear (Kinda Broken) TerraSpear.png
Daedalus Longbow - Turn normal arrows into holy arrows. DaedalusLongbow.png
Daedalus LongStormbow - Shoots from the sky or like a normal bow. DaedalusLongbow.png
Light Beam Gloves - Fires a light beam of destruction. LightBeamGloves.png
Triple Flamethrower - Shoots a strong flame of Fire, Cursed Fire and Frost Fire. Secondary attack - airblast. Reflect the projectiles fired at you. FrostFlamethrower.png
RPG - 4 rockets for the cost of one.
RPG.png

Beetle Sword
- A dual use sword, Swing like a normal sword or stab. Sword.png
Dual Excalibur - Double the power and spinning or stabbing attack. DualExcalibur.png
Diamond Throwing Knife - A diamond enhanced throwing knife. DiamondThrowingKnife.png
Diamond Vampire Knifes - A much more powerful pair of vampire knifes. DiamondVampireKnifes.png
Mechanical Blaster - A upgraded Phoenix Blaster. MechanicalBlaster.png
Paladin Blaster - A upgraded Mechanical Blaster..PaladinBlaster.png
Vortex Blaster - The best blaster out there. Upgraded Paladin Blaster. VortexBlaster.png
Spear Gun - Shoots out a powerfull cobalt spear. SpearGun.png
Laser Revolver - A revolver that shoots very high velocity LASERS. LaserRevolver.png
Lvl 1 Sentry Wand - Summons a sentry that shoots out shrapnel Bullets. MinigunTurretStaff.png
Lvl 2 Sentry Rod - Summons a sentry that shoots out shrapnel Bullets much faster than Lvl 1.
MinigunTurretRod.png

Lvl 3 Sentry Staff
- Summons a sentry that shoots out shrapnel Bullets much faster than Lvl 2.
MinigunTurretStaff.png
Hallow Set - Dont confuse this with the Hallowed Set from hallowed Bars from vannila terraria.
The Hallow Set is based on the Hallow Biome and is for the Tanky / Healer mage.
Hallow Helmet - +2HP/s regen, -10% mana cost, -20% damage, +25 HP. HallowHelmet.png
Hallow Chestplate - +200 max mana, +25 Health, +2HP/s Regen -10% mana reduction, -20% damage. HallowChestplate.png
Hallow Leggings - +25Hp, +2HP/s, -10% mana cost, -20% damage. HallowLeggings.png
Set Bonus Heal Super Fast +25HP.
Shrapnel Bullet - Shoots a bullet that splits into 5 explosive bullets on impact.
ShrapnelBullet.png

Endless Shrapnel Bullet Pouch - Endless shrapnel bullets. EndlessShrapnelBulletPouch.png
Hallow Essense - A crafting material for hallow items. HallowEssense.png
Soul Of Purity - A crafting material for hallow items. SoulOfPurity.png
Purified Food - Spawns the purity worm boss. HallowWormSpawn.png
Electrical Mechanical Worm - Summons the Ultrapede. ElectricMechanicalWorm.png
Lunarian Sight - Summons the lunar eyes. LunarEyesSpawn.png
Broken Hero Spear - Used for crafting True Spears
BrokenHeroSpear.png

Jet Plane Keys - Spawns a Super fast Jet plane mount. Faster than sound. JetPlaneKeys.png
High Velocity Arrows - Realy Fast arrows. HighVelocityArrow.png
Mana Drain - Drains your mana for a 30% damage boost.
ManaDrain.png

Anti Moon Leach - Gives you imunity to the moon leech debuff.
AntiMoonLeech.png

Frostspark Lava Celestial Shell - Combines the effects of Celestial Shell, Lava Waders, Frostspark boots. LavaCelestialShell.png
Biome Buff - An Expert mode only item dropped from the Purity Worm Boss. Gives you a buff or your target a debuff when you hit a target depending on what biome you are in. BiomeBuff.png
Download link - http://adf.ly/1jkLqY

Thanks for over 1000 modbrowser downloads!

Changelog
V0.1 - Mod Release

V0.2 -
37 New Items
2 New Bosses
1 New Town NPC
1 New Mount
1 new crafting station.

V0.2.1 -
Bugfix the mount kept printing out X in the chat.

V0.2.2 -
Fixed The Title For the mod browser instalation.
Fixed The Biome buff only applying buffs on a melee attack
The RPG now shoots high velocity rockets to make it more unique
The Triple Flamethrower now has a secondary attack The Airblast. Use it to reflect projectiles!
Nerfed The Hallow Armor ALOT.

Resprited ALOT of items.
Added reverse crafting "compressing" for the compressed items.
Added upgraded versions of the Sentry Gun staff. (Tier 2 and Tier 3)
Removed the high velocity rocket feature from rocket launcher.
Added a new feature to the Rocket launcher. Fires 4 rockets at once for the cost of one.
Nerfed The Mana Drain.
Made the anti moon leach harder to get.
Made the Broken Hero Spear drop from the mothron.
Added a crafting recipe for the vanilla cobalt shield.
Made the Dungeon Spear found in locked gold chests.
Added a Throphy for the Purity Worm.

Hope you like my mod :)

Last edited:
I will be hopefully releasing a update to this mod very soon (today or tommorow) Few resprites, few bosses, 30+ items , maybe a mount will be added

Welp, let's tackle this.

Purity worm - it's a more boring version of the destroyer. It's segments don't deal any different damage, like most worm type enemies, and it has no special mechanics (soon to be even more of a reskinned destroyer). On expert everything is doubled, which makes it less fun. The bag sprite is okay I guess, but is a bit too smooth for me. Try sticking to 16x16 size and then scale it up to 2x2 after you're happy with it in 1x1.

The NPC's are pretty unremarkable, they're okay I guess.

Weapons.
The spears look like shovels, and would be used as blunt force trauma weapons, and lack anything to resemble a spear, the blades should not be that thick. Also from a trend I noticed with the ore swords I saw that the handles and stuff are made with the ore too. I guess it's a neat idea, but the sprites need serious work, which it seems like you're doing.
The bows. Why not call them different names? They're cool I guess
Light beam gloves: Seems like a Last Prism sort of deal.
Triple Flamethrower: Probably the best item out of all of them. Something interesting and new, sprite is fine for what it is.
RPG: Bit confused why this is orange, instead of like green, or camo. Seems like the megashark but explosive. It's okay I guess.
Beetle sword: It looks a bit silly, and we didn't need more golem content, but I guess if you do all the items they could be on the spectre level.
Dual Excalibur: Probably the worst item here, it's just boring, exists already and is generally just something to be something.
Diamond items: Reskins look nice, we didn't need more op vamp knives, since they're amazing already.

Armour:
Hallowed armour. Name isn't even original. Completely busted. It's the best set for anything. 1000 maxhp, at least 15hps, all you need to do is not use magic, just move around spamming a terra blade or something, honestly I hate the idea of bypassing the existing hp cap (500) with a simple misc item mod.

Other:
Shrapnel bullet: I agree with this, the sprite could be better, as with all the others.
Shrapnel bullet pouch: I don't agree with this, only basic ammo should have unlimited.
Hallow essence: since it's a crafting material, all I can talk about is it's sprite, it should be emitting a pale glow instead of red.
Soul of Purity: Doesn't rhyme with the other ones, didn't really need this but here it is.
Purified food is fine. Nothing wrong with it. Could be more themed other than what looks like pixie dust in a bowl.
Broken hero spear: Good idea, poor execution. Looks like a shovel like the other spears, I guess it was inevitable.

Accessorises:
Mana Drain: A large damage boost for not using mana? It's a must, and the proportion of the pixels is off. Should be "Deal 10% more damage, drain mana based on damage dealt" Like mana cuffs.
Anti Moon Leech: This shouldn't be in here. It removes one of the things that make moonlord tricky. Uninventive sprite too.
Lava Celestial Shell: Lets you deal even more damage in a short time, it doesn't even have the boots in it. Combining this many accessories into one is not a good choice design wise.
Biome Buff: Name could use some work, solid idea, if done right could add depth, something the Anti Moon Leech doesn't.

I'd rate this mod an average 5/10, since the sprites don't affect gameplay and I guess you're new to spriting.

Thank you for all the feedback Uiomancant. And about the Endless Shrapnel Bullet Pouch it takes like 50k explosive bullets to craft into 10k shrapnel bullets wich make a endless pouch.
[doublepost=1485855127,1485854939][/doublepost]And that hallow armor is pretty op. i was able to tank the expert moonlord...

Update mod to version 0.2 Download link available. Adding all items, npcs and changelog to the thread soon. Next update i will focus on Your ideas / balance, spriting changes

Well, I've noticed you use the line tool way too much in these sprites, to me pixel art should be done one pixel at a time, Plus your textures are too bright, try desaturating them a bit.

Hey there, I'm Shadow. This mod could be very good if you work on the spritework, and get the hang of it. First thing's first, Terraria sprites are 2x2, not 1x1, or 2x2 and 1x1, which means some of these sprites could use some serious reworking. Second of all, recolors are a big no no in the tML community, and I think that the Triple Flamethrower is a recolor of one of Al0n37's sprites, which is okay, and long as you have his permission to use it, but if not, you shouldn't use it. Anyways, other than the spritework, this mod seems pretty decent, I hope I didn't upset you at all, because that is not my intent. I hope this mod does well in the future :D

Hey there, I'm Shadow. This mod could be very good if you work on the spritework, and get the hang of it. First thing's first, Terraria sprites are 2x2, not 1x1, or 2x2 and 1x1, which means some of these sprites could use some serious reworking. Second of all, recolors are a big no no in the tML community, and I think that the Triple Flamethrower is a recolor of one of Al0n37's sprites, which is okay, and long as you have his permission to use it, but if not, you shouldn't use it. Anyways, other than the spritework, this mod seems pretty decent, I hope I didn't upset you at all, because that is not my intent. I hope this mod does well in the future :D

This is a much better way of saying what I said... I'd like to change my response to this. I like the idea of having hallow bosses.

Back
Top Bottom