tModLoader HERO's Mod - Terraria Creative Mode + Server Management + And Over 25 tools

Okay, so, the problem I have so far (just to clarify)...

1: I am renting a server, and do not have access to the server console, and limited access to the server files

2: Because I do not have access to the server console, I cannot use the /auth command

3: Because I have limited access to the server files, the database.json file is outside of where I can access it

Im not sure what else can be done. I've tried the -savedirectory command in the command line, but it actually ended up breaking some of the mods. Has anyone else tried using this mod with a dedicated server before?

Last edited:
I found a bug.

If a server is left running for long periods of time (not sure if it is with or without players), the account system ends up bugging out and auto-kicking everyone who joins with a message saying that it is non-functional in this state. Have not been able to test the effects of those who are still in the server.

It IS fixable with a server restart. However, I've noticed that progress can often be lost, even if the progress was made many hours beforehand (8+) once it is restarted. however, nothing seems to be lost prior to the server autosave before the glitch occurred.

Last edited:
I found a bug.

If a server is left running for long periods of time (not sure if it is with or without players), the account system ends up bugging out and auto-kicking everyone who joins with a message saying that it is non-functional in this state. Have not been able to test the effects of those who are still in the server.

It IS fixable with a server restart. However, I've noticed that progress can often be lost, even if the progress was made many hours beforehand (8+) once it is restarted. however, nothing seems to be lost prior to the server autosave before the glitch occurred.

I've been experiencing this same issue with my server. I've noticed it within a hour of being off the server sometimes. Can't say if it occurs when other are on, haven't had the opportunity to test that. I've tried connecting through local ip as well and it gives me the same error.

I've been experiencing this same issue with my server. I've noticed it within a hour of being off the server sometimes. Can't say if it occurs when other are on, haven't had the opportunity to test that. I've tried connecting through local ip as well and it gives me the same error.

I may have discovered the cause of the issue, but I don't know if there's a way to fix it otherwise.

I think its actually a glitch with the server autosave (where it autosaves 15 minutes or so after all players leave). It seems as if the error occurs as early as this, and the glitch itself can actually disrupt autosaving, removing some changes you made before you left the server. (The server does save every so often while active as well, which can be relied upon somewhat).

I found a bug upon clicking the Misc. Options tab, it just removes the close tab for the mod and there's no ability to reveal the map/set spawn and what not, update this bug please.

Last edited:
You still not fixed a small mistake.

Boss Summons section contains Treasure Map (placeable object) instead of Pirate Map (which summons Pirate Invasion).

Man, seriously? Fix this please.

You still not fixed a small mistake.

Boss Summons section contains Treasure Map (placeable object) instead of Pirate Map (which summons Pirate Invasion).

Man, seriously? Fix this please.
Congrats, you found a vanilla bug. I'll see if I can fix it somehow.

Hey, having a little problem downloading it, keeps getting this message when i try to extract it. Dowloaded the correct version from the link provided.

Attachments

• porb.PNG
    porb.PNG
    10.5 KB · Views: 278
There's a major game breaking bug with this mod in multiplayer where after the server is up for sometime, then nobody can connect to it.
Console gets flooded with "IP: Failed to operate" or something similar, its really annoying how often it happens and its only fixed by restarting the server, can you please fix this?

Another bug is that some permissions don't work properly, I tried to make a custom group that can snoop player inventories, ban, kick, and teleport to players and they could not see the "View online players" button. (Which pretty much makes those permissions useless)

im trying to set up a server with some restrictions here and there with personal regions and whatnot, everything seems to be quite perfect with this mod(minus personal storage/locking of chests in your own region)...HOWEVER, is there a way to have characters who log in- to be server side only??

it seems far too easy for players to exploit this mod, by giving themselves admin in singleplayer, giving themselves gear, and returning to the multiplayer server with un-earned items...any suggestions? i read server management on the title, but its not very cool to have players running around with endgame gear given to themselves in solo

• An inventory editor with categories that are also searchable.
  • Infinite reach. This allows you to reach anywhere on the map with your cursor. You can dig and build a lot easier with this.
  • Disable and enable enemy spawns.
  • Delete items on the ground. This allows you to clean up easily.
  • Time controls. (This menu expands when clicked) Adjust the time of day.
index.php

• Pause time.
  • Turn rain on and off.
  • Unlimited Enchanted Sundial.
  • Waypoints. Set teleporter points that all players can see and use if you allow them too.
  • Spawn NPCs. This allows you to spawn bosses, town, and friendly NPCs. You can move your town NPCs with this tool as well. Just click and they will be respawned. This tool is searchable.
  • Buffs. Give your player buffs for whatever amount of time you would like.
  • Godmode. This prevents you from dying.
  • Reforge. You can drop your items here and you will be able to reforge them to whatever prefix you would like.
  • Regions. This allows you to set protected regions that players can or cannot edit. You can assign groups of players or you can assign individuals.
  • Tile modification. This allows you to see who last modified a tile. If you notice someone griefed your server you can find out who did it.
  • Players online. See players that are active and also see registered players.
  • Snoop players inventories. If you want to see if someone is cheating the best way to know is to take a look at their items. This allows full snooping of inventories.
  • ----------------------------------------------Ban players with a click of your mouse. --------------------------------------------------
  • Kick players.
  • Teleport to players. You just click their name and then click teleport to be taken to the player.
  • Set your worlds spawn point.
  • Reveal the map.
  • Ban explosives.
  • Prevent gravestones.
  • A full group management window that allows you to set who can use all of these tools.
  • A built in log in and log out system that allows users to register different usernames and log into different accounts right in game.
  • Freeze players when they join the server until they log in.
  • A bunch of other stuff.

This has come to my attention because I am unable to un-ban players. A few months back my friend#1 was hosting a server and friend#3 banned my other friend#2 as a joke, and hes never been able to join back to the servers(this is a problem because friend#1 was hosting, due to how much better his computer was). I have been looking on and off for solution to unban friend#2, but I am not able to find any. I was hoping you could help with this. Any Ideas?

Thanks.

This has come to my attention because I am unable to un-ban players. A few months back my friend#1 was hosting a server and friend#3 banned my other friend#2 as a joke, and hes never been able to join back to the servers(this is a problem because friend#1 was hosting, due to how much better his computer was). I have been looking on and off for solution to unban friend#2, but I am not able to find any. I was hoping you could help with this. Any Ideas?

Thanks.
I'm pretty sure banning is a vanilla thing (not related to Heros mod). Doesn't it make a banlist.txt file or something? You could edit or delete that file

NEED HELP! cant find solution!! whenever i created dedicated server and then i join the hotbar is alway blank!
6SWBFI.png

Is there any chance that with mostly default settings Player Above Sensor's wouldn't work with HERO's mod enabled?

I don't have any other mods that mess with sensors or any permissions, but placing a Player Above Sensor it doesn't place just consumes the one I made whether I'm admin or not, and not sure which mod is doing it or if it's a 1.3.5.3 bug yet.

Thanks for any response.

Edit: Also a bit curious, is there a way to disable requirement of login? It's a bit of a hassle for a small server, but I do love some of HERO's mod's uses so don't want to fully disable it if I don't have to.

Last edited:
Hi there! I've been using HERO's Mod for a bit over a week now on a multiplayer server, and have been having a lot of fun with it, not much issues at all.

However, I wanted to try out a single player world, but unfortunately, the use of bombs and/or explosives is banned on the 'server' and there is no button in the Misc. Options to enable them in single player. It's not an urgent problem, as I can just disable the mod for when I want to use bombs for a minute, but I thought it was an interesting thing to bring up.

Forgive me if this is an issue that's been brought up already, I couldn't find anything about it after searching for about an hour.

Back
Top Bottom