tModLoader HERO's Mod - Terraria Creative Mode + Server Management + And Over 25 tools

So I use HERO's mod and Cheat Sheet (for the paint tool) to build and every time I want to switch to Cheat Sheet or HERO's Mod I have to minimize the different UIs. I think that if you could somehow move the UI so you can make it more accessible it would be pretty helpful. This might already be a feature I am missing but if not this is just a suggestion.

8129b6973bb0207a68ae5ac4946e0805.png

They overlap each other which is kind of annoying. If moving the UI could be added that would be great but its just my opinion.

Ah, you're using Cheat Sheet.

Cheat Sheet and HERO's Mod use the same exact space, so HERO's Mod could be behind the Cheat Sheet GUI.
If you disable Cheat Sheet, are you able to see HERO's Mod? If you do, that's most likely the problem. You should be able to minimize them both using the arrows and bring one up or the other depending on when you need them. This is a good temporary fix for now to help you be able to use it.

The quoted message shows a user displaying what is happening. Maybe that might help show what's going on?

Ah, you're using Cheat Sheet.

Cheat Sheet and HERO's Mod use the same exact space, so HERO's Mod could be behind the Cheat Sheet GUI.
If you disable Cheat Sheet, are you able to see HERO's Mod? If you do, that's most likely the problem. You should be able to minimize them both using the arrows and bring one up or the other depending on when you need them. This is a good temporary fix for now to help you be able to use it.

The quoted message shows a user displaying what is happening. Maybe that might help show what's going on?
YOU ARE MY LORD, THANKS YOU!

ok so I accidentally pressed reveal the map and I want to undo it so can someone help me?
Not much you can do, except delete the whole map file in :\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Players\[PlayerName]\[WorldID]

I don't know how to determine which file to delete, delete maybe the most recent ones. Backup up the files before deleting if you aren't sure.

So I'm having a issue with this mod and I think i know how to fix it.

The problem: I have a dedicated server, and i wanted to use hero mod because it looks so awesome. The issue with a dedicated server, is anytime the world saves the file you get a "invalid operation at this state", and every post I've found with this issue just states "that the mod was not made for dedicated servers." Which i find to just be a way to push off the issue. This should work just fine.

So I did some testing for the last 15 hours or so. If you join the server back to back, there is a few times where you get a lag from the server side and it will not kick you right away. On about my Fourth try on this I was able to login in.

And guess what? It didn't kick me or give me an error. But this is not a reliable solution this is just luck of the draw creating server lag to allow you to get enough time to login to hero mod.

Now each time this happen when i did get kicked I realized that the "ICY" that goes around the character to stop the player from doing anything isn't there right away, it about a normal 3-4 second delay, and then sometimes you get 10 seconds or so before it will kick you off.

It only kicks you with the "invalid operation error" when the ice has formed around you.

Solution: Can you make it where you have 30 seconds to one minute to login before you are frozen. Or can you make this Frozen state an option in the mod to turn off or on? If we had more time to login before being frozen then we would not get kicked.

Also, I do realize the purpose of this, is to keep people from invading your server with overpower items or griefing. I understand this could be a risk for other player keeping this from happening.

However, most public server I play on that use this mod, already have explosives disable and already have most the area around the starting point setup so you can't hurt it. So I feel like this shouldn't cause them to much of a issue and would allow dedicated server to use your mod.

So I'm having a issue with this mod and I think i know how to fix it.

The problem: I have a dedicated server, and i wanted to use hero mod because it looks so awesome. The issue with a dedicated server, is anytime the world saves the file you get a "invalid operation at this state", and every post I've found with this issue just states "that the mod was not made for dedicated servers." Which i find to just be a way to push off the issue. This should work just fine.

So I did some testing for the last 15 hours or so. If you join the server back to back, there is a few times where you get a lag from the server side and it will not kick you right away. On about my Fourth try on this I was able to login in.

And guess what? It didn't kick me or give me an error. But this is not a reliable solution this is just luck of the draw creating server lag to allow you to get enough time to login to hero mod.

Now each time this happen when i did get kicked I realized that the "ICY" that goes around the character to stop the player from doing anything isn't there right away, it about a normal 3-4 second delay, and then sometimes you get 10 seconds or so before it will kick you off.

It only kicks you with the "invalid operation error" when the ice has formed around you.

Solution: Can you make it where you have 30 seconds to one minute to login before you are frozen. Or can you make this Frozen state an option in the mod to turn off or on? If we had more time to login before being frozen then we would not get kicked.

Also, I do realize the purpose of this, is to keep people from invading your server with overpower items or griefing. I understand this could be a risk for other player keeping this from happening.

However, most public server I play on that use this mod, already have explosives disable and already have most the area around the starting point setup so you can't hurt it. So I feel like this shouldn't cause them to much of a issue and would allow dedicated server to use your mod.
I'll have time to work on changing the login system and investigate "invalid operation at this state" errors after 0.11 happens.

The mod won't work for me, it's enabled and everything, I made sure there was nothing conflicting, and the UI still won't show up. Any help?
I've been looking around and I still couldn't find anything to help, I'll keep looking but idk what exactly to look for.

Last edited:
The mod won't work for me, it's enabled and everything, I made sure there was nothing conflicting, and the UI still won't show up. Any help?
I've been looking around and I still couldn't find anything to help, I'll keep looking but idk what exactly to look for.
you can try messing with the zoom settings. set them to 100% and see if it shows up. It's a little weird with the zoom options.

I'm having an issue with this, where when I set my friend to a region, he's still not able to edit in it, any help?
What do you mean edit it, does he have the permission to modify regions? Regions are for preventing modification to tiles, he'll still need the permissions to edit regions if you want him to edit the regions.

Back
Top Bottom