Hey everyone

well I barely managed to beat the eye of cthulhu in masochist mode (but it was really fun), and I think Master mode is still pretty hard, especially for the casual player

This is a question for you guys, should master mode have been more like masochist mode?
Master Mode definitely should have taken it a step higher than it did. The health and damage multiplier should have been lower, maybe 1.2x Expert Mode instead of 1.5x. Enemies and bosses should have been given unique attacks, and you should have been given an actual reward for killing bosses in Master Mode (maybe like an upgrade to the Expert accessories). A stat boosted clone of Expert Mode with a few marginally useful mounts is just notnfun.

Probably shouldn’t be to the same level as Masochist/Eternity Mode, however. It’s a great mod, but it is way beyond what an easily available vanilla mode should give.

Master Mode definitely should have taken it a step higher than it did. The health and damage multiplier should have been lower, maybe 1.2x Expert Mode instead of 1.5x. Enemies and bosses should have been given unique attacks, and you should have been given an actual reward for killing bosses in Master Mode (maybe like an upgrade to the Expert accessories). A stat boosted clone of Expert Mode with a few marginally useful mounts is just notnfun.

Probably shouldn’t be to the same level as Masochist/Eternity Mode, however. It’s a great mod, but it is way beyond what an easily available vanilla mode should give.
I'd play Master Mode after completing Expert mode if it had useful rewards. Maybe new weapons or more materials?

This is a question for you guys, should master mode have been more like masochist mode?
It is nowhere as close as eternity mode (btw it is renamed to eternity mode, or eMode), eMode changes and introduces so much more content. Plus, as said above, just stat boosts (cough cough, 40 dmg just for slimes) isn't really fun at all.
I'm a big fan of eMode, and I think just introducing something like better items for bosses in master would be enough and make it actually quite rewarding, like how eMode introduces the eternity only accessories, and also like expert.

Master mode definitely shoulda been more like expert mode... maybe not exactly like eternity/masochist mode, or revengeance/death mode, but it should of changed NPC ai. I was excited about Master Mode, but all I got was a buff to every enemy that makes the game more frustrating and grindy than actually fun. What gives every +difficulty (difficulties above normal) mode except for Master mode their charm is the fact that they change things up without making things too difficult; they make it so that you have to come up with new strategies; master mode? Nope, let's just buff everyone's attack damage so the player has to be a maxed out buff-champ.

As much as I like 1.4, Master mode should definitely be changed to be more unique with game twisting ai, and maybe gain inspiration from other expert+ modes; for example: maybe Skeletron can regenerate his arms after enough time? Or maybe Lunatic Cultist and their decoys should move around the "enchantment ritual" thing instead of staying still so it is harder to hit the right one?

In summary, I do agree that Master mode should have been more like another mode; so much wasted potential and excitement. Of course, Re-Logic could still fix that. After all, the "last and final update" statement got broken 3 or 4 times already... Nah the Re-Logic team has already made that decision, better respect it than to keep on waiting til' that one day 1.5 somehow releases.

Back
Top Bottom