PC Hey guys, as of 1.4.1, what is your favorite class to play as? This can be either in terms of how fun it is or how good it is, etc.

Favorite class?

• Total voters

YoungFellerTRA

Terrarian
This is just for personal reference, and I also want to help ensure that the community finds the classes to be well balanced still. Feel free to discuss in the comments! Also, my personal favorite is the Ranger class, as it is well balanced and consistently good throughout the game.

I don't do classes. It has never felt like a class based game for me, as any class is based on armour/weapons not your character.

I much prefer mix and match based on circumstances.

Ranger. I like it, because it's have giant range, and high dps. It's got many weapons through the game, first weapon - wooden bow, that can be obtained without moving (if tree are nearby to spawn). I don't have to get very close to the enemy, so i have smaller chance to get damage, than a melee. Ammo: There's many various ammo types. Arrows can be craft easily of stone and wood, and ice torches. Just go find a snow biome, get some ice, and get a buff to your ammo! It's very cool in pre-hardmode, and even better in hardmode! Also after plantera ranger can be really destructive, because he gets some rockets!
There's one minus: Weapons is really good, but there's almost no armor and accessories in pre-hardmode. Your first ranged armor avaiable only after skeletron.
Ranger is balanced, have the longest attack range, many weapons and ammo, many weapon types: Bows, guns, dart weapons, rocket launchers, and... throwable weapons, F to thrower class. Also guns have their own types! - Pistol, shotgun, rifle, assault rifle, and more. Another weapon type: special, like flamethrower, piranha gun (my favorite), and sniper rifle. Piranha gun is my favorite, because you can just shoot one piranha (it's got buffed in 1.4), hold LMB, and drink tea with guide, while your piranha kills everyone, exept that mothron, that just killed guide, and now piranhas eating it, because you can easily get your piranhas back, and shoot them again.

I also like hybrid class, because i don't need to grind for items that i require, i can easily get other item for other class, and continue playing as this class.

Edit 1: I beat EoC and KS on Master FTW seed using minishark... It was awesome! I beat EoC easily, all i was need is spectre boots and a minishark with ammo, it was easy even including my bad arena (long platform arena, but there was only 2 long platforms and they were short, because my spawn between a hill and a living trees), but anyway it was easily. Then i fought King Slime, and it was melting! Mage before bosses require long mining, to get really strong weapon, that would be match for a minishark, summoner require grinding snow flinx and jungle, melee... would die in some hits because it's MFTW and pre-boss. Ranger can easily break some orbs or hearts (first drop is always a gun), wait for a arms dealer, and purchase minishark and some bullets, then upgrade them to silver/tungsten to get more dps, and gg.

Last edited:
I like playing melee, in my opinion it's been underpowered for a long time mainly due to the lack of ranged attack options until late game, however with the addition of yoyos on 1.3 it's definitely become one of my favorite classes to play and the buffs on 1.4 were definitely nice, melee also gets a lot of fun weapons to play with (ex: Arkhalis, Death Sickle, Fetid Baghnaks, etc).

I am thinking of going back and playing a summoner character as it's no longer as hard to get started and seems really fun

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom