Weapons & Equip Hide Itens Equipped in Vanity Slots Button

Caroco

Terrarian
I have searched the forum and saw that some people already gave this suggestion, but since no changes have been done i am posting again.

Please devs, implement the hide button for vanity slots too, just like the normal slots have their little eyes to hide them it would be of great visual use a hide button for vanity as well.

Thanks in advance, i hope this request isn't troubling to achieve. Bye Bye.

And again I will voice the reason why this doesn't exist.

Your vanity slots are for vanity, not extra accessory slots, not extra armor slots. While you can use said slots to store your items, that is not its primary role. If you don't like the look of an accessory and have it in your vanity slot so you can switch to it, tough.

Come on, it shouldn't be hard to put a hide button for equip, accessory and vanity. What if i wanna look like i have no armor? If looks are the matter than the hide button should be added.

Want to look unarmored? Have you heard of familiar vanity? Accessories, I'm pretty sure the hide button also does the vanity slot, although I haven't played in a while.

Want to look unarmored? Have you heard of familiar vanity? Accessories, I'm pretty sure the hide button also does the vanity slot, although I haven't played in a while.
Hide only effects accessories in the in-use accessory slot. Here it makes sense to have hide because you are equipping it for the effects, not the looks.

Come on, it shouldn't be hard to put a hide button for equip, accessory and vanity. What if i wanna look like i have no armor? If looks are the matter than the hide button should be added.
It wouldn't be hard, but you're asking for something that undermines what vanity slots are for.

And again, you wanna change your look? Use the vanity slot, that is what it's for.

I don't know why so much resistance on the ideia of hide buttons for vanity and equips, vanity slots are perfect for backup gear and a quick swap. I bet there are loads of people thinking the same as me, in a small research throughout the internet i found some people editing the game files to hide stuff, some trying to hide unwanted effects of armors.

Seriously, it wouldn't change a thing for you people that doesn't want the button and would make a lot of diference to others. I know it isn't the "purpose" of the slot but it wouldn't decharacterize it either, so what is the big deal anyway? You guys sound like worshipers to prevent changes in the game, like "everything is perfect! none shall change ever!".

Besides this hide button would help get cleaner looks on the vanities people really want to look on their characters. I can't see any downside within the idea ...

I don't know why so much resistance on the ideia of hide buttons for vanity and equips, vanity slots are perfect for backup gear and a quick swap. I bet there are loads of people thinking the same as me, in a small research throughout the internet i found some people editing the game files to hide stuff, some trying to hide unwanted effects of armors.

Seriously, it wouldn't change a thing for you people that doesn't want the button and would make a lot of diference to others. I know it isn't the "purpose" of the slot but it wouldn't decharacterize it either, so what is the big deal anyway? You guys sound like worshipers to prevent changes in the game, like "everything is perfect! none shall change ever!".
*sigh*

I am repeating myself at this point. It's not that I think this game is perfect, my suggestions should be proof of that, but this is a quality of life change that is not needed. Again, vanity slots are for vanity, not your additional accessories. You can use them the way you like, but then deal with the side effects of your storage being placed where your costumes are meant to be.

Besides this hide button would help get cleaner looks on the vanities people really want to look on their characters. I can't see any downside within the idea ...
Pretty simple fix, don't put the accessory in the vanity slot.

Alright mate, but in a quick search over the theme i saw a couple of people editing game files to remove some armor effects that bothered them, i guess a simple button is just too much to ask.

I personally support this idea. It's easier to quickly switch to say, the tiger climbing gear, but not have to necessarily see it on the character. It barely changes the game, but it stops a minor inconvenience, so there's no real disadvantage of adding this.

Last edited:
I like to use Leinfor's Cloak-wing thingy, and the Star Cloak at the same time. However, equipping both Lein's Wings and Star Cloak on the vanity slots will mean that the cloak won't display, so I will need to forgo a good wing/accessory slot for the sake of vanity.

Support.

Thanks for the support! Spread the word to increase reach and gather more supporters, this way maybe we can get devs to think about adding this feature.

I'm a bit two-sided about this.

I understand why the one prefers to keep them vanity slots.
Vanity slots were, as said earlier, for vanity purpose only. I like to have the mining helmet to carry along with my armor set, but I don't use the mining helmet I won't put it in the vanity slot so I won't be confused to have a mining helmet as vanity. Adding options to hide armor that simple as that sounds silly to me because you don't swap armors that frequent. The familiar set will do well enough.
Back to the accessoires. I personally think you should already be grateful that there's the option to quick-swap them on the first place, as it was not intended as a second set of accessoires. Eventually the vanity could also be moved to the equipment slots so people won't abuse it as extra accessoire pocket space.

But I also understand why you want to have them disabled.
I also use a few slots to quick swap as well, mostly items that are not visible on the character. (like the greedy ring). But the fact that not all accessoires are visible on the character, it makes it oddly specific which one is more vanity-convienient than the other. And now that the Accessoire quick swap is in the game already, there's not really a reason to make them more annoying to use.

Though, imagine if it gets implemented, I can imagine that the next suggestion would be these suggesting another column for 'real' vanity equipment, because they'll likely use the old vanity column for their second accessoire's then.
That thought is not something I'm looking forward for. Just saying that.

I'm not supporting the suggestion, neither am I really against it.
At the end I don't think I'll care too much if it gets implemented. It's been abused for so long already.

I have searched the forum and saw that some people already gave this suggestion, but since no changes have been done i am posting again.

Please devs, implement the hide button for vanity slots too, just like the normal slots have their little eyes to hide them it would be of great visual use a hide button for vanity as well.

Thanks in advance, i hope this request isn't troubling to achieve. Bye Bye.

This is how I see it,
if you want to be practical then you cannot use vanity slots for vanity, instead you need to use them primarily for item switching.

Personally I love this dilema, it challenges people to choose between practicality and vanity.
Do you want to *look* godly? Or do you want to *play* godly?

I'm a bit two-sided about this.

I understand why the one prefers to keep them vanity slots.
Vanity slots were, as said earlier, for vanity purpose only. I like to have the mining helmet to carry along with my armor set, but I don't use the mining helmet I won't put it in the vanity slot so I won't be confused to have a mining helmet as vanity. Adding options to hide armor that simple as that sounds silly to me because you don't swap armors that frequent. The familiar set will do well enough.
Back to the accessoires. I personally think you should already be grateful that there's the option to quick-swap them on the first place, as it was not intended as a second set of accessoires. Eventually the vanity could also be moved to the equipment slots so people won't abuse it as extra accessoire pocket space.

But I also understand why you want to have them disabled.
I also use a few slots to quick swap as well, mostly items that are not visible on the character. (like the greedy ring). But the fact that not all accessoires are visible on the character, it makes it oddly specific which one is more vanity-convienient than the other. And now that the Accessoire quick swap is in the game already, there's not really a reason to make them more annoying to use.

Though, imagine if it gets implemented, I can imagine that the next suggestion would be these suggesting another column for 'real' vanity equipment, because they'll likely use the old vanity column for their second accessoire's then.
That thought is not something I'm looking forward for. Just saying that.

I'm not supporting the suggestion, neither am I really against it.
At the end I don't think I'll care too much if it gets implemented. It's been abused for so long already.

I seriously doubt that people will complain about another column of vanity if the hide button is implemented in the present vanity column. I'm playing right now and i really would like to customize my looks even further. It isn't a game changing thing its just to get less annoying visuals, as i said before, some people don't like the endgame melee armor shield effect and would like to hide it without losing the buff. You know, some stuff annoys me and other people as well, so i'll try and get visibility on the matter.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Or ... We could think about an easier alternative. We could have more than one set of slots for both vanity/accesories/armor items and switching bewteen them when we want to. With this, we could have multiple alternative of vanity set for the same stuff and vice versa. Just like the easy switch of equipment in many Beat Them All like DMC or Bayonetta. I'm sorry if I'm not clear, english is not my native language.

Back
Top Bottom