High CPU usage on 1 core

i7 7700, GTX 1060 3GB, 8GB ram, Win 7, While playing I noticed 1 core of CPU running maxed out, higher temperatures, fan running fast. GPU runs normal. CPU returns to normal when I minimized the game, still running in background. I run all my games at 144hz settings on the GPU. When I switched to 60 Hz settings the CPU went back to normal. Why can't Terraria be run at 144 Hz settings? I searched the forums and found similar issues but no fixes.

i7 7700, GTX 1060 3GB, 8GB ram, Win 7, While playing I noticed 1 core of CPU running maxed out, higher temperatures, fan running fast. GPU runs normal. CPU returns to normal when I minimized the game, still running in background. I run all my games at 144hz settings on the GPU. When I switched to 60 Hz settings the CPU went back to normal. Why can't Terraria be run at 144 Hz settings? I searched the forums and found similar issues but no fixes.

Classic example of how performance is calculated by CPU and GPUs.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3395807/cpu-demand-144hz.html

In short, no need to run Terraria higher than 60 Hz, you are not going to get better performance out of it

I was not worried about performance, for convenience I just have my PC set for gaming on 144 with headset on monitor, or duplicate display on 60 for movies and tv. To play games at 60 I have to change my sound output and found it annoying. Not to mention running the core flat out before realizing what the problem was.

I was not worried about performance, for convenience I just have my PC set for gaming on 144 with headset on monitor, or duplicate display on 60 for movies and tv. To play games at 60 I have to change my sound output and found it annoying. Not to mention running the core flat out before realizing what the problem was.

if you don't have a dedicated sound card then this will also affect it.

Back
Top Bottom