Weapons & Equip High-Tech Goggle Upgrades

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
Essentially, this is just a sequence of Goggle upgrades which enhance vision in various ways. In addition to requiring the previous leveled item to craft, each consecutive upgrade requires Black Lenses, Iron/Lead Bars, a tier-leveled item, and a special ingredient pertaining to its new bonus. They are all crafted at a Tinkerer's Workshop.

Each individual buff provided by these pieces of headgear can be toggled on and off by left-clicking the buff icon. If a buff potion is taken the buff will be activated automatically, and the countdown will appear as normal. If the Goggles are equipped while a potion buff is going, nothing will change except what happens when you turn it off. Canceling a buff while a potion is active will cancel the timer. Deactivated buffs will have greyed-out backgrounds instead of the usual blue.

Hunter.png
<F for the fallen images from TO>
Hunter Goggles
2 Defense.
Provides Hunter Potion buff.
Recipe:
- Goggles
- Hunter Potion
- Black Lens
- (6) Iron/Lead Bars
- (5) Wires

Night_Owl.png
Night Vision Goggles
2 Defense.
Provides Night-Owl Potion buff.
Recipe:
- Goggles
- Night-Owl Potion
- Black Lens
- (6) Iron/Lead Bars
- (5) Wires

Night_Owl.png
Hunter.png

Infrared Goggles
4 Defense.
Combines the effect of Hunter and Night Vision Goggles.
Recipe:
- Night-Vision Goggles
- Hunter Goggles
- (6) Iron/Lead Bars

This is where the progression branches out.

Night_Owl.png
Hunter.png
Spelunker.png
X-Ray Goggles
6 Defense.
Also provides Spelunker effect.
Recipe:
- Infrared Goggles
- Spelunker Potion
- Black Lens
- (6) Iron/Lead Bars
- (5) Cogs

Mining_armor.png
Night_Owl.png
Hunter.png
Spelunker.png

X-Ray Mining Helmet
8 Defense.
Also provides light.
Can be used to complete the Mining armor set.
Recipe:
- X-Ray Goggles
- Mining Helmet

Night_Owl.png
Hunter.png
Rifle_Scope.png

Recon Headgear
10 Defense.
Also allows zoomed view range by right-clicking when not using items.
Recipe:
- Infrared Goggles
- (20) Souls of Sight
- Black Lens
- (8) Iron/Lead Bars

Night_Owl.png
Hunter.png
Sniper_Scope.png

Elite Combat Headgear
16 Defense.
Also provides +10% damage and critical strike chance.
Zoom can be used while using items by right-clicking.
Recipe:
- Recon Headgear
- Sniper Scope
- (10) Iron/Lead Bars

Armor for each of the two progressions will be posted one the idea is worked out a bit more. Or maybe not at all.

Last edited:
Yes please, oh yes please. Amazing suggestion with the beautiful consistent format. Spectacular.

Maybbe necrobump, but I saw an error

Hunter.png
hunter-grey-png.107848

Hunter Goggles
2 Defense.
Provides Hunter Potion buff.
Recipe:
- Goggles
- Night-Owl Potion

- Black Lens
- (6) Iron/Lead Bars
- (5) Wires

Also, you mention

Elite Combat Headgear
16 Defense.
Also provides +10% damage and critical strike chance.
Zoom can be used while using items by right-clicking.
Recipe:
- Thermal-Vision Goggles

- Sniper Scope
- (10) Iron/Lead Bars

Only in the crafting recipe

I've been working on recipes for a line of progression sort of like this. I don't like the use of potions, but I like this idea enough that it's in my mod :p

Recon Headgear seems difficult to use. You would have to zoom with no items, quickly switch to an item and repeat. It should work while you are holding a gun.

Recon Headgear seems difficult to use. You would have to zoom with no items, quickly switch to an item and repeat. It should work while you are holding a gun.
That's what the Elite Combat Headgear is for. You shouldn't be able to get an unlimited zoom ability before you even defeat Plantera and walk into the HM Dungeon.

Great idea, the only downside I see with this is the permanent spellunker buff. You are supposed to search for ores in my opinion.

Spelunker potion's effect is limited and you don't find find them very often. As far is know many players are too lazy to farm moonglow and the other ingredients. :I
Edit: And it really takes time farming the ingrdients (because most of the time you'll need mor than one potion)

Spelunker potion's effect is limited and you don't find find them very often.
You don't have to find them. You just have to craft them with a handful of fairly common ingredients. They're actually rather easy to farm, and Gold and Platinum Ore is easy enough to come across with good enough tools (a heck of a lot easier to come across than a Black Lens, for sure).

You don't have to find them. You just have to craft them with a handful of fairly common ingredients. They're actually rather easy to farm, and Gold and Platinum Ore is easy enough to come across with good enough tools (a heck of a lot easier to come across than a Black Lens, for sure).
However, X-Ray Goggles seem a bit overpowered since you can get them in pre-hardmode without too much effort (when you collect every black lens you come across), maybe adding palladium/cobalt in the recipe would make this better? I originally thought this should be post-Destroyer, but well.
I actually think most of the recipes should be hardmode only, as they render many potions totally useless in pre-hardmode (the goggle versions offer enough defense to make having a full set unnecessary) while being a fair trade in hardmode (they don't require resources but chip off your defense by enough).
I also think recon headgear and elite combat headgear are redundant and require 2 rifle scopes to craft the usefull item.
Don't you also think Marksman's Visor sounds better than Elite Combat Headgear?
That's what I had to say.

Back
Top Bottom