Other Higher resolution Support (Hello 2016: 2K - 4K everywhere on the shelves :p)

Thetriforce

Terrarian
Hi everybody,
First i have to apologize for my english: i'm french le baguette and the croissant du fromage !

I have recently bought an Asus Rog swift with 2K resolution and i can't fully enjoy the game because:
-Windowed mode doesn't occupy the entire screen (1920x1200 on 2560x1440)
-Fullscreen makes the game goes from [18/20 mark] to [blurred/20 mark]

I know that if you want to allow these resolutions, you have to modify the monster spawning system/rate BUT you can first just add higher resolution without modifying the spawn rate (the game will consider that we have 1920x1200 screen resolution).
Of course, we will maybe see monsters spawn but ... is that really a problem ?

A mod already exists for that and works great !!! (for the people who have steam version ... i have the GoG one): http://romsteady.blogspot.fr/2015/06/romterraria-4-released.html

Could you just implement the work of this modder in your game ? I quote the modder:
"If Re-Logic would like the code to enable high resolutions, just let me know. It's yours for free, and would take very little time to implement."

:) :) :) :) :) I will offer you twice more smileys if you do this for me, my friends and the 1440p+ resolution community :D

Le baguette version:

Bonjour tout le monde,
Tout d'abord, je dois m'excuser pour mon anglais: je suis français le baguette et le croissant du fromage !

J'ai récemment acheté un Asus Rog swift avec une résolution 2K et je ne peux pas complètement apprécier le jeu:
-En fenêtré, la fenêtre n'occupe pas tout l'écran (1920x1200 sur 2560x1440)
-En plein écran, le jeu passe de la note [18/20] à [flou/20]

Je sais qu'en permettant ces résolutions supérieures, vous devez modifier le système d'apparition des monstres MAIS vous pouvez dans un premier temps ajouter simplement le support des hautes résolutions sans changer le systèmes d'apparition des monstres (le jeu considérera qu'on a un écran de 1920x1200).
Évidemment, nous verrons peut-être les monstres apparaitre mais ... est-ce vraiment un problème ?

Un mod existe déjà et fonctionne super bien !!! (pour ceux qui ont la version steam ... j'ai celle de GoG): http://romsteady.blogspot.fr/2015/06/romterraria-4-released.html

Pouvez vous simplement implémenter le travail de ce moddeur dans votre jeu ? Je cite le moddeur :
"Si Re-Logic veut le code pour activer de plus grandes résolutions, faites le moi savoir. C'est à vous gratuitement et librement, et prendrait peu de temps à implémenter."

:) :) :) :) :) Je vous offrirai deux fois plus de smileys si vous le faites pour moi, mes amis et la communauté des 1440p+ résolution :D

PS: If you need some help for translating the game from english to french, i can help you, i'm better at translating from english to french than from french to english (Actual translation can be greatly improved ^^).
Si vous avez besoin d'aide pour traduuire le jeu depuis l'anglais vers le français, je peux aider, je suis meilleur en traduction anglais->français que français->anglais (La traduction actuelle peut être vraiment améliorée ^^).

I like your style more than your suggestion :D:D and yes, they did a resolution support a long while ago, also I think it's the time to say hello to 4K :)
Anyways, please, devs... Support the 2K and 4K! Pretty please...

please, i need support for my ultra wide monitor I don't care if I see monster spawning I just need native support for 2560x1080 Please! I will even be willing buy the game again for this feature. please i beg of you!

I have a 2880x1800 screen, it seems fine to me.

As an aside though, I am blind as a bat, so take that with a grain of salt.

I'd like to add that we need UI scaling and a zoom in feature. Sure it's nice when we can use our full resolution but the game just shrinks down and becomes even harder to see. We need UI scaling so we can change the UI to the size we need, and we need to be able to set the default zoom. There's no reason I should be setting my desktop resolution to 720p and then the game into windowed mode just so I can play it on my 55" tv without everything looking so small it's unplayable. This has been my number 1 complaint since I got the game this christmas.

Back
Top Bottom