Highlander: Cosmetics and Content
icon.png
Features
  • 3 Bosses​
  • 2 Town NPCs​
  • 40+ Vanity Hats​
  • 7 Unusual Effects​
  • Several weapons and other items​

Highlander is a content mod that focuses on adding mostly cosmetic items. There are currently 2 new bosses, 2 new town NPCs, and many cosmetic items along with a few non-cosmetic items.

Sea Dog
Seadog.png

Haunted Hatter
HauntedHatterHumanoidMain.gif

Idol of Enlightenment
EnlightenmentIdoBossChecklist.png
Hat Salesman
HatSalesmanShowcase.png

Veteran Explorer
VeteranExplorerShowcase.png
Blighted Vermin
BlightedVerminPreview.png

Blighted Vermin Monk
BlightedVerminFanaticPreview.png

Many cosmetic items added are inspired by Team Fortress 2 cosmetics. The Haunted Hatter must be killed to acquire these items. Hat Lock Boxes will drop after the Haunted Hatter is killed. Another Lock Box becomes available after the Idol of Enlightenment is defeated.

There are 4 types of Hat Lock Boxes that can be opened to obtain different sets of hats. A Hat Lock Box must be opened with a key bought from the Hat Salesman. There is a small chance to obtain a hat with an unusual effect after opening a Hat Lock Box.

Hat Lock Box #1
HatSupplyLockBox.png

Anger
Anger.png

Hong Kong Cone
HongKongCone.png

Hotrod
Hotrod.png

Killer Exclusive
KillerExclusive.png

Legendary Lid
LegendaryLid.png

Ol' Snaggletooth
Ol'Snaggletooth.png

Pyromancer's Mask
Pyromancer'sMask.png

Samur-Eye
Samur-Eye.png

Stainless Pot
StainlessPot.png

Stout Shako
StoutShako.png

Team Captain
TeamCaptain.png
Hat Lock Box #2
HatSupplyLockBox.png

Dead Cone
DeadCone.png

Fruit Shoot
FruitShoot.png

Furious :red:aamigasa
FuriousFukaamigasa.png

Hero's Hachimaki
HeroHachimaki.png

Hot Dogger
HotDogger.png

Janissary Ketche
Janissary Ketche.png

Law
Law.png

Medi-Mask
Medi-Mask.png

Surgeon's Stahlhelm
SurgeonStahlhelm.png

Tough Stuff Muffs
ToughStuffMuffs.png
Winter Hat Lock Box
WinterHatSupplyLockBox.png

Brass Bucket
BrassBucket.png

Coldfront Commander
ColdfrontCommander.png

Condor Cap
CondorCap.png

Globetrotter
Globetrotter.png

Mighty Mitre
MightyMitre.png

Patriot Peak
PatriotPeak.png

Sinner's Shade
Sinner'sShade.png

Surgeon's Shako
Surgeon'sShako.png

Tartan Tyrolean
TartanTyrolean.png

Toy Soldier
ToySoldier.png
Spooky Hat Lock Box
SpookyHatLockBox.png

Crone's Dome
CroneDome.png

Executioner
Executioner.png

Hellmet
Hellmet.png

Infernal Impaler
InfernalImpaler.png

Macabre Mask
MacabreMask.png

One-Way Ticket
One-WayTicket.png

Seared Sorcerer
SearedSorcerer.png

Sir Pumpkinton
SirPumpkinton.png
Reserve Hat Lock Box (Non-TF2 Hats)
ReserveHatSupplyLockBox.png

Autonomous Orb*
AutonomousOrb.png

Blood Warrior Mask
BloodWarriorMask.png

Guerrilla Rebel
GuerrillaRebel.png

Headless*
Headless.png

Impregnable Helm
HeavilyArmed.png

Medical Mask
MedicalMask.png

Ninja Headband
NinjaHeadband.png

Open Mind
OpenMind.png

Paper Bag
PaperBag.png

Ski Mask
SkiMask.png

*Mannequins do not have their heads removed in-game.

Non-cosmetic items added are rewards for beating the bosses as well as some odd weapons I thought would fit well into Terraria and add variety. These items generally have a twist that makes their mechanics unique.

Pikes deal extra damage to bosses and have a long reach, but they can't deal with close enemies.

Ronin Long Yari
RoninLongYari.png

Adventurer Pike
AdventurerPike.png

Great Pike
GreatPike.png
Feral Frenzy
Casts a slashing claw
FeralFrenzy.png

Trusty Blunderbuss
TrustyBlunderbuss.png

Barnacle Barrier (Expert)
Gain a defense bonus for the first 100 health
BarnacleBarrier.png
Ancient Stone Blaster
A powerful revolver that needs to be reloaded after six shots
AncientStoneBlaster.png

Spirit Shears
Fast spear in the form of shears
SpiritShears.png

Enchanted Needle Hook (Expert)
EnchantedNeedleHook.png
Blitz Fist
Can pull far away NPCs or bash them at short range
BlitzFist.png

Commander's Blessing
Summons a powerful fist
CommanderBlessing.png

Divine Presence (Expert)
Nearby players on your team receive a defense bonus and a slight attack bonus
DivinePresence.png
Chariot's Whip
Slashes bleed enemies while lunges deal extra damage
ChariotWhip.png

Aggressive Ale
Can be thrown at enemies or be consumed for a bonus to throwing skills
AggressiveAle.png

Changes

1.4.3.0 - Updated mod icon. Added new weapons. Updated some sprites. Added a new enemy.
1.4.3.1 - Updated Blighted Vermin's stats and sprite. Fixed a visual glitch when dead.
1.4.4.0 - Added an option to disable Lock Boxes from spawning. Added Blighted Vermin Monk and Bell of Pestilence. Improved AI of Blighted Vermin.
1.4.4.1 - Improved Vermin AI. Most bugs in the Vermin AI should be fixed.

1.1.0 - Added Anger and Globetrotter. Improved art for Condor Cap. Hong Kong Cone, and Legendary Lid.
1.2.0 - Added the Reserve Hat Lock Box and 8 hats by me.
1.2.3 - Made unboxing Unusuals in multiplayer work better. Not completely finished.
1.2.4 - Enabled Reserve Hat Supply Lock Box in Hell.
1.2.5 - Fixed Autonomous Orb and Unusual effects not showing when equipped in the armor slot with no vanity, fixed unboxing Unusuals in multiplayer, and nerfed Chariot's Whip.
1.2.6 - Improved Winter Hat Lock Box and Hat Lock Box art. Renamed Hat Supply Lock Boxes to Hat Lock Boxes.
1.2.7 - Fixed crash with mods that have hats which have a base class that is not ModItem.
1.3.0.0 - Changed versioning to better represent small bugfix updates. Added Medical Mask and Blood Warrior Mask to Reserve Hat Lock Box.
1.3.0.1 - Haunted Hatter now properly despawns when there are no active players.
1.3.1.0 - Reworked how some Unusual effects work.
- Improved Burning Flames and Scorching Flames.
- Fixed Unusuals effects on mounts.
- Fixed some Unusual effects showing on multiple players.
1.4.0.0 - Added the Idol of Enlightenment as a Hardmode boss
- Added Hat Lock Box #2 with new hats
- Various tweaks and fixes
1.4.0.1 - Fixed Burning and Scorching Flames glitching out near the left end of the world
1.4.1.0 - Added the Sea Dog as a pre-Hardmode boss
- Fixed some inconsistencies with rarity and value
- Nerfed Commander's Blessing and buffed Ancient Stone Blaster
1.4.1.1 - Added hardmode items crafted from the Sea Dog's drops. Reduced Trusty Blunderbuss shoot speed.
1.4.2.0 - Added Spooky Hat Lock Box with Halloween hats. Improved sprites for: Anger, Pyromancer's Mask, Toy Soldier.
1.4.2.1 - Improved sprites of Idol of Enlightenment and related items. Fixed a small graphical bug for the Idol of Enlightenment.
1.4.2.2 - Added new Unusual effects (Amaranthine, Stare From Beyond, and The Ooze). Added more Halloween hats. Improved sprites for some other hats.

Currently Working On
  • More vermin.
  • Polish older content.

Recommended Mods

Download

The download can be found on the mod browser. Alternatively, the mod can be downloaded from GitHub.

Last edited:
That's a good idea about the name. In the future, I want to expand the scope of this mod to be a general cosmetic focused content mod rather than just a TF2 only mod.

That's a good idea about the name. In the future, I want to expand the scope of this mod to be a general cosmetic focused content mod rather than just a TF2 only mod.
I only *just* noticed that the icon is a burning TC, hmmmm...
Yeah I can see the focus with taking this idea into other directions, currently via the reserve crate

I do wanna point out real fast that it seems like your hats (all of them, even the non-unusual ones) crash if they are in the main head slot, I hadn't debugged this much thou. But it's clearly a player layer conflict

I'll look into the crashing. Currently, I can't reproduce a crash in the main head slot though. I'll push my latest build to see if that fixes it. What does the log say?

edit: I think an earlier build I published may have had that issue since I do remember fixing that issue earlier today.

I have attached the log, from the looks of it seems to not like something on my end, but your mod is the only one I've seen crash from this.
SGAmod is open source and has a public github if you wanna look at that, it does quite alot with player layers as well including armor glow masks; might be a reason. Eitherway you can look into it.

Some more feedback:

You clearly know what your doing in C#, your alrighty making use of features people have suffered to learn for years

The bonus weapons are a nice little treat

The selection of hats is... weird, we have old school hats put alongside case ones, I'd honestly split these up later on. The tf2 community as a whole wouldn't approve of hats from post 2016 being unboxed alongside a TC.

Also, a bit of advice cus I had this happening too:
1596177082982.png

You can use the Autoload method override to prevent TMODLoader from loading the ModItem class automatically (as in the item isn't added into the game, but the C# class is still there), just make sure it's ONLY the base item class that isn't loaded

return GetType()!=typeof(AbnormalBaseClassName);

Attachments

• client.log
    47.7 KB · Views: 190
Thanks for the tip about not loading my base classes! As for the selection of hats, I might split them into old and new hats when I make enough cosmetics to fill out the crates.

I loaded up your mod and it looks like I fixed the issue. However, I noticed the game would crash whenever I used a character that was created while your mod was not loaded. I created a fresh character without loading your mod. Then I loaded up only your mod and its dependencies + Cheat Sheet and selected the character but crashed right after the world loading finished. When using a character that was created while your mod was loaded, everything worked fine. I've attached the log in case you're interested.

Attachments

• client.log
    46.8 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Hey OP, I found a bug with your mod. I haven't used these forums before so I'm not sure if I should be explaining the details out in the open. Please respond.

Thank you, Fenikern

Thanks for letting me know about a bug! It's fine with me if you report the bug here. That would be very helpful.

Edit: Or you can report an issue on the public GitHub page.

The bug allows you to reroll your unusual effect with item frames. Also, some effects look weird on mounts but I bet you already know that.

I'll see what I can do about the item frames. I think those are a bit glitchy with modded data, but I'll look into it.

It totally slipped my mind to check how the effects look on mounts. I'm gonna make it a priority to fix that in the next update.

I just uploaded a new patch. It should fix the mount issue. However, I don't think I can fix the item frame bug.

Finally finished the 1.4.0.0 update! I've added a new boss called the Idol of Enlightenment along with some interesting boss drops. Defeating it will enable Hat Lock Box #2 drops.

I've also fixed some miscellaneous issues like items being the wrong rarity or being valued incorrectly.

I've pushed another update which adds a new boss called the Sea Dog along with various other tweaks and fixes.

Seadog.png

The Sea Dog can be spawned using
GlowingTreasure.png
Glowing Treasure at a beach. It attacks by chasing players and throwing powder kegs at them.

It drops gold ore, Gills and Spelunker Potions, and a couple of weapons.

Feral Frenzy
Casts a slashing claw
FeralFrenzy.png

Broken Blunderbuss
Can be crafted into the Trusty Blunderbuss which functions as an extremely inaccurate shotgun
BrokenBlunderbuss.png

Barnacle Barrier (Expert)
Gain a defense bonus for the first 100 health
BarnacleBarrier.png

Nice hats, Your sprites are ok, But the bosses should be a little bigger, just my opinion, Il make sure to try this out in my next mod rush :dryadgrin:

I'm about to push a new update that expands on the items dropped from the Sea Dog. Two new hardmode items that are crafted from the Sea Dog's drops have been added.

Sea Champion's Barrier
Combination of the Barnacle Barrier and the Flesh Knuckles
SeaChampionBarrier.png

Buccaneer's Blaster
Upgraded Trusty Blunderbuss combined with a cannon
Shoots an accurate mini-cannonball alongside its volley of inaccurate shots
BuccaneerBlaster.png

Lastly, while development will be slower now that I am busy, I am at least planning on making a new Lock Box for Corruption/Crimson. I would also like to expand on boss items similar to the new items added in this update.

New Update:

It's a little early for Halloween, but I've added new Halloween themed hats. The Spooky Lock Box that contains the new hats drops from Corruption or Crimson.

I've also touched up the art of some of the older hats, so hopefully, they look better.

Finally, I'm going to work on new Halloween themed Unusual effects and more Halloween hats for the next update.

New Update:

I got a little sidetracked since I felt the Idol of Enlightenment's sprites weren't up to par. I've reshaded the Idol of Enlightenment and several related items. I've also fixed a small graphical bug for the Idol of Enlightenment.

Old:

New:

New Update:

It's been a while, but I fixed some graphical glitches, updated some graphics, and added some new weapons and an enemy.

BlightedVermin.gif
Blighted Vermin - A rat man that patrols the Underground. He also drops his spear and shield. I might expand more on this later on.

DeadEyeDuster.png

Dead Eye Duster - A revolver that shoots ricocheting bullets.

There might be some more changes that I forgot about. I meant to put out an update a few months ago, but I got sidetracked. I want to start making more updates to this mod now that I have more time. I'll probably work on more enemies.

Let me know about any balancing. I've tried my best to balance everything in this mod, but any helpful feedback would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom