PC Hilariously easy way to kill the Lunatic Cultists (No arena needed, no ammo needed)

Clockwork Alpha

Skeletron Prime
With only a few items which are relatively easy to get, I was able to kill the Lunatic Cultists without dropping below half health, and only having to use 3 health potions that probably weren't mandatory.

The items you need are:
-Cosmic Car Key (11.11% Drop from Martian Saucers, lets you fly around infinitely. Relatively easy to get.)
-Razorblade Typhoon (20% Drop from Duke Fishron. Can be replaced with megashark w/ chlorophyte bullets.)
-Preferably 5 greater health potions (just to be safe)
-Atleast a full stack of Greater Mana Potions

Items that will help are:
-Any Minions
-Ironskin Potion
-Bewitching Table (10 gold from witch doctor, lets you summon 1 more minion)

Now here's what you do:

Equip your Cosmic Car Key, use your buff potions, summon your minions, use the bewitching table if you need to then kill the cultists. Prepare yourself mentally while the Lunatic Cultist spawns, Simply dodge the cultist's attacks and constantly shoot razorblades at the lunatic cultist. When you run out of mana, quickly use whatever hotkey makes you intantly consume a mana potion (J is default, though I preferred to assign it to F since it's easier to reach). Now just keep shooting razorblades at it. If you fall below half health, use a health potion. Just keep doing this until the cultist dies.

So that's how you defeat it. I may decide to add this to my currently horribly outdated hardmode guide. I also have discovered an extremely easy way to kill the martian saucers which I might make. In short, you just need to hide under a cover then shoot homing projectiles at it for its second stage, while actively firing at it for its first stage (skyware houses are good at this)

Last edited:
"Hilariously Easy", Time to grind Martians and Fishron !
Martian Saucers are easy and quick to grind if you stay under cover. Killing Duke Fishron and getting the razorblade typhoon IMO is pretty important, but since I didn't even go below half health with it, you might be able to replace it with some other weapon (i.e. megashark with chlorophyte bullets is probably the easiest replacement)
[DOUBLEPOST=1436291925,1436291684][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm sorry... Is this a joke...? So you're telling me that I have to have the best Items Pre Cultist, dodge all his attacks by flying around, and attack him until he dies...? Damn, why didn't I think of that.
Like I said in the reply before this, you could probably replace the razorblade typhoon with a megashark which would be easier to get but a little slower to kill the cultists. The cosmic car key is easy to get, i got 2-3 of them from a single invasion with pre-cultist gear.

Splendid guide, but the instructions were so complex. I'm afraid I'll need your hilariously easy way to farm the martian invasion guide and your hilariously easy way to kill duke fishron guide first. Otherwise, I just can't do it.

On a serious note, you just basically described every boss fight ever.

This isn't "hilariously easy", and it does require ammo if you aren't a mage.
Also, this is practically every boss fight in Terraria, fly around, dodge attacks, and shoot.

This isn't "hilariously easy", and it does require ammo if you aren't a mage.
Also, this is practically every boss fight in Terraria, fly around, dodge attacks, and shoot.
...or you could using melee weapons with the homing ability.
and the reason I considered it "hilariously easy" is because i put in very little to no effort into the actual bossfight and i still never dropped below half health.

...Of course it's easy. That's what happens when you prepare that much for a boss fight. That's generally how Terraria works.

You could do the same thing with wings (even Fire/Frost/etc) and the Possessed Hatchet (switch to Terra Blade or similar if he successfully calls out a dark wyvern).

This thread is hilarious.
............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`

Yeah, Possessed Hatchet is a great weapon for these. It's good for the Lunatic Cultist and you can easily defeat several Martian Saucers by staying in your house and spamming the hatchets at him.

I can give You easier, safer way to kill him: run away on asphalt and spam cholorophyte bullets from anything. Effect the same, but people won't waste time to read the Wall of Text

> Use Razorblade Typhoon, a 25% drop from Duke Fishron who is arguably the second hardest boss in the game.
> Fly around with the UFO, a 11.11% drop from the Martian Saucer which could take a while to farm and requires good wings or a yoyo.

Hilariously easy guide to get these items please? :D

Back on topic, chloro bullets and Megashark/Uzi will get the job done, Terra Blade/Hatchet or perhaps Vampire Knives.

*Spends next 5 minutes recovering from fits of laughter*

> Fly around with the UFO, a 11.11% drop from the Martian Saucer which could take a while to farm and requires good wings or a yoyo.

Step 1: Get a Solar Eruption (might take you a few deaths, but you WILL eventually get the pillar down)
Step 2: Get a Stardust Dragon Rod (same)
Step 3: Dig a hole at least 6 blocks deep and two blocks wide. (to avoid splash damage from missiles)
Step 4: Trigger the invasion.
Step 5: Run to the hole, put blocks above you so that nothing can get in this hole.
Step 6: Use Solar Eruption to kill the martians and the saucer without even getting hit whatsoever.
Step 7: ???
Step 8: Profit!

Now, Fishron... yeah you do have a point there.

Step 1: Get a Solar Eruption (might take you a few deaths, but you WILL eventually get the pillar down)
Step 2: Get a Stardust Dragon Rod (same)
Step 3: Dig a hole at least 6 blocks deep and two blocks wide. (to avoid splash damage from missiles)
Step 4: Trigger the invasion.
Step 5: Run to the hole, put blocks above you so that nothing can get in this hole.
Step 6: Use Solar Eruption to kill the martians and the saucer without even getting hit whatsoever.
Step 7: ???
Step 8: Profit!

Now, Fishron... yeah you do have a point there.

Hahaha! Cheers, I did something similar but just used an Eye of Cthulu yoyo through the roof of my house against the Saucer, because I only killed the Cultist after getting the UFO...

Step 7 :happy:

No-fun police here, you can't get Eruption and Dragon before the UFO for the sole purpose of killing the Cultist.

On a side note, I killed my first Saucer with a Kraken I believe. You really just need a decent yoyo for ultimate cheesing. Alternatively, Meteor Staff.

Back
Top Bottom