Biomes & Nature Hills / Pine Hills

Anhrak

Terrarian
Hey all! Time for a new suggestion :).

Terraria contains some distinctive biomes; regulair 'hilly' plains, crimson/corruption, desert, ocean border, and snow. However, I would like something else too...

A hills / Pine hills biome. The landscape is pretty self-explanatory; A terrain with high rocky or dirt-covered mountains, perhaps a bit snow when it's high enough, that reach into the sky-world territory easily.

- On the other side of the world compared to the primary desert with the Pyramid.

Surface content:
- Ferns + Moss, could be used for a brewing recipe, where moss could also be used as decoration to create the underground 'moss' feature [recolouring can be done with dye].
- Spruce pine trees. A darker version of wood, purely decorational as it's equal to regulair wood.

Underground content:
- Higher gem spawnrate
- Granite stone blocks and other stone variants
- Gravel instead of silt

Other additions are welcome, so don't hold back and just post if you know any ;)

- On the other side of the world compared to the primary desert with the Pyramid.
This part confuses me. Each world can have many deserts on both sides of the map, and both sides can have pyramids (although it is rare.) According to the wiki, a world can have as many as four pyramids- and it often has none at all.

Are you also suggesting that all the deserts be combined into one, and that the hills be on the other side of the world,?

There is no "primary Desert." They pop up randomly and are occupied with Pyramids randomly as well.

As for the suggestion itself, it's pretty lacking. Doesn't contribute anything new to the game as far as I can tell, so the question is, "Why?"

I didn't know about the current desert regulation. Perhaps opposite of the Ice Biome would be a better alternative.

@towerator Just out of curiousity, have you played on a large world? It has quite some space to be used :D.

I didn't know about the current desert regulation. Perhaps opposite of the Ice Biome would be a better alternative.

@towerator Just out of curiousity, have you played on a large world? It has quite some space to be used :D.

Actually not, on large worlds the surface is 15% deserts, 15% corruption/crimson, 25% jungle, 5% ocean, 15% snow and 25% something other. There isn't much space left.

This is a good idea, I like the gem idea as well as the Biome. How about you make a bear enemy spawn in the Biome.

I seem to remember that originally, larger worlds were going to be added in 1.2. However, redigit found that it couldn't be done with the current game engine (I think it made it really laggy but it might have been something else.)

If I am remembering this correctly then we probably won't see larger worlds until Terraria 2.

Back
Top Bottom