tModLoader -=Historical Guns=-

Big Nickel

Terrarian
Historical Guns
Welcome to the official Historical Guns Mod page!
If you have any feedback, question, criticism, or any comment at all, feel free to leave it below

About
Historical Guns, as its name suggests, adds many weapons each with unique variants. As you progress through the game you'll experience various weapons, starting with pre-war weapons and eventually progressing to modern day. If you are doing a ranger play-through, this mod is essential for adding variety and exciting gameplay to an already brilliant class

Items
An example of some weapons you'll find are below, as well as their unique variants
Spread Sheet Of How To Obtain All Weapons (Up to date as of v1.1.3.1)

M14----------Patriot
M14.png
M14_Indipendance.png

M60---------Gigashark
M60.png
M60_Gigashark.png

1887---------El Habanero
M1887.png
M1887_Pepper.png

Github
Thank you for downloading Historical Guns, I'm sure you wont regret it! Once again, Feel free to leave feedback below
Github/HistoricalGuns

1.4 Intergration
I am currently working on updating the mod for compatibility with tMod Loader 1.4, but have a lot of things to sort out. There will be at least more update for the current version before it is moved to 1.4

Patches

New Guns
  • Added Lematt Revolver and Gizmo
  • Added Webley Mk VI and Shelby
  • Added Uzi and Yakuza
  • Added Vector and Krystal
LemattRevolver.png
LemattRevolver_SpikeyBall.png
Webley.png
Webley_Shelby.png
Uzi.png
Uzi_Ninja.png
Vector.png
Vector_Krystal.png

Changes
  • Pre-Hardmode recipes no longer require a Tinkerer's Workbench
  • 1886 Recipe no longer requires 3 golden keys
  • Adjusted sell values
  • High Roller changed - Now has a 1/3 chance to have a good or bad effect on use, no longer uses coins as ammo
Summary

Added some more early game options after feedback suggested there was a lack of them
New Guns
  • Added Blunderbuss and Blunderblast
  • Added Derringer and Pocket Rocket
  • Added Auto 5 and Auto-Bolt
  • Added The Foe Fighter
Blunderbus.png
Blunderbus_Cannon.png
Derringer.png
Derringer_Rocket.png
Auto5.png
Auto5_Crossbow.png
FoeFighter.png

Changes

• Fixed an Issue where the Derringer and The Foe Fighter Were Unobtainable
  • Nerfed The Foe Fighter's rate of fire
Summary

This update added a number one weapons, including new single shot weapons. These weapons must be reloaded after each shot using the crafting interface, with whatever ammo is specified. Aside from this came 20 new guns for players to try out
New Guns
  • Liberator and Prosperous Pistol
  • Colt New Service and Devious
  • M99 and Railgun
  • Python and Alpha Boa
  • Skorpion and Scourge
  • Coach Gun and Huntsman
  • De Lisle Carbine and Cleaving Carbine
  • Minigun and Valor Cannon
  • Brown Bess and Valkyrie
  • Mk14 EBR and Mk40 ELR
Liberator.png
Liberator_Bling.png
ColtNewService.png
ColtNewService_Halloween.png
M99.png
M99_Railgun.png
Skorpion.png
Skorpion_Venom.png

CoachGun.png
CoachGun_Axe.png
Delisle.png
Delisle_Bayonet.png
Minigun.png
Minigun_Valor.png
Mk14EBR.png
Mk14EBR_Laser.png

Last edited:
Probably a necro post since this thread hasn't gotten a tremendous amount of action, oh well.

Just thought i'd start by saying it'd be nice to see more in the way of pre-hardmode options here. I was looking for a good, balanced gun mod with quality sprites that could carry me right from a fresh character/world all the way to the endgame, while this one SEEMS to have some quality spritework i have no way of knowing if any of it's options are good yet because from what i can tell via recipe browser it has one, MAYBE two guns which you can make using meteorite, and prettymuch everything else requires hardmode materials and crafting stations. I'm halfway done if not nearly done with pre-hardmode content before i can even try this mod out and half of it's options look like it'll be some extensive boss grinding just to get the raw materials even IN hardmode, so i'll get to use this mod for....what, 10% of the total game time? (and weapons you can only get via looting do not count since there is no guarantee i'll ever actually get my hands on one even after taking a character through hundreds of worlds/hours of grinding mobs). I know that most of the terraria experience is hardmode or post hardmode via mod options and even in the vanilla game we kind of just breeze through the world till we're deep into the game, but a couple more basic choices for right out the gate would have been nice.

If options DO exist, for some weird reason they don't show up in recipe browser at all and half of what RB has doesn't show in your spreadsheet either, making it more difficult to determine if i've overlooked something.

Probably a necro post since this thread hasn't gotten a tremendous amount of action, oh well.

Just thought i'd start by saying it'd be nice to see more in the way of pre-hardmode options here. I was looking for a good, balanced gun mod with quality sprites that could carry me right from a fresh character/world all the way to the endgame, while this one SEEMS to have some quality spritework i have no way of knowing if any of it's options are good yet because from what i can tell via recipe browser it has one, MAYBE two guns which you can make using meteorite, and prettymuch everything else requires hardmode materials and crafting stations. I'm halfway done if not nearly done with pre-hardmode content before i can even try this mod out and half of it's options look like it'll be some extensive boss grinding just to get the raw materials even IN hardmode, so i'll get to use this mod for....what, 10% of the total game time? (and weapons you can only get via looting do not count since there is no guarantee i'll ever actually get my hands on one even after taking a character through hundreds of worlds/hours of grinding mobs). I know that most of the terraria experience is hardmode or post hardmode via mod options and even in the vanilla game we kind of just breeze through the world till we're deep into the game, but a couple more basic choices for right out the gate would have been nice.

If options DO exist, for some weird reason they don't show up in recipe browser at all and half of what RB has doesn't show in your spreadsheet either, making it more difficult to determine if i've overlooked something.
Hi Mighty Mycroft,

this spreadsheet (Historical Guns - Loot Spreadsheet) shows all weapons the mod has to offer as well as how to obtain them, with pale green shaded weapons being the pre-hardmode ones, red being hardmode, green being post-plantera, and cyan being post golem. Admittedly, there isn't as many early game options as i had hoped to add simply because of how I made historically older guns appear earlier in the game, but there are 8 (16 if you include their upgraded variants) pre-hardmode guns available

I hope you give this mod another chance and enjoy it more knowing how to acquire the weapons

Edit: In addition, I have released an update adding 6 new pre-hardmode guns, allowing more early game variety

-Big Nickel

Last edited:
Not sure how alive this mod is
Just wanted to report hard crashes happening with Blunderbust and El Habanero. Probably because of particle effect used for firing.

Back
Top Bottom