Hiya, I'm Baih - AMA

Clara

Terrarian
Hiya, I'm Baih, ask me anything in this thread, I will answer almost anything, most of what I wouldn't answer is prohibited in the rules.

About me:

-I have played Terraria constantly since release, with over 10 thousand hours sunk into it. I like to make all sorts of maps from adventure to PvP and have helped countless servers of all types. I help run a really successful steam group where we have had loads of PvP matches hosted for players, I am more into map making now but I have probably spent equal time with PvP.

-I am a huge fan of the Simpsons and One Piece, both shows I have a lot of criticism for but I think they have a lot of uniqueness, quality and content.

-My other interests include other video games, I tend to get drawn into rogue-lites, indie games and semi-casual kind of games. I do like trying out new shows, series and movies sometimes but I do not like spending too much time on them. I've probably spent more time watching content on youtube.

-Personally I am a very anxious, nervous and shy person, it is not easy for me to post this thread, or even do forum posts - I spent ages debating whether to post this thread. I can be very talkative though, and hope to have some pleasant conversations in this thread.

-Lastly some general info, I am English and 20 years old. I am bisexual, or Baihsexual as I like to say, and transgender. Also I am an athiest and have no strong political leanings currently.

Again feel free to ask anything that follow the forum rules, and I'll very likely be happy to reply, don't feel scared to ask anything, I like to be very open.

Did you name yourself Baih because you like to say 'Ba Bai!" To your enemies when you brutally destroy them?

What has been your experience being transgender, and have you transitioned? I have a friend who is transgender and it's been very difficult for them.

Did you name yourself Baih because you like to say 'Ba Bai!" To your enemies when you brutally destroy them?

Close, people have suggested I do that before. The origin of my name is me simply pressing random keys on the keyboard. I like to say "Good bye" to people when they say my name, and "Yes?" when people say bye to me as a funny, tiring joke.

What has been your experience being transgender, and have you transitioned? I have a friend who is transgender and it's been very difficult for them.

I was unsure about mentioning I am transgender, as it is not something that has been a big part in my life, but I think it's an interesting thing to talk about. I have not transitioned and I do not plan to, I do not think it is worth the money/effort to transition, for me at least. While I would much rather be the opposite gender I am still comfortable how I am currently. Occasionally it overwhelms me, I can imagine how tough it is for people like your friend.

Do you think God actually exists?
The afterlife?

Why are you a transgender? Are you a man or a woman now? (Sorry that these questions seem a little to hardcore offensiveness but the curiousity is killing me)
Will you make a map using the Master Ninja Gear about Ninjas?

Do you think God actually exists?
The afterlife?

Why are you a transgender? Are you a man or a woman now? (Sorry that these questions seem a little to hardcore offensiveness but the curiousity is killing me)
Will you make a map using the Master Ninja Gear about Ninjas?

No, I am very confident that a God or an afterlife doesn't exist.

I do not know fully why I am transgender, I believe a mixture of genetic and environmental factors cause it, it is not something I have thought about much. Like sexuality I wouldn't really think of it as a choice. I am a man by most definitions currently, but I do feel more like a woman mentally. Don't worry about asking questions like these, I do not mind at all, and understand how tricky and worrisome it can be trying ask such questions.

One of my friends made a small parkour ninja themed area as part of a larger map I was making, and I have used the tabi/master ninja gear a lot in my maps, they are very fun items. I don't think I'll ever make a large map solely based around around ninjas and the ninja gear but in the latest large adventure map I've been making with some friends we have designed some of it around the master ninja gear.

Thanks for answering my questions but there's more coming.

Are you good friends with Pedguin?
What's your favorite game?
You're most hated enemy?
Do you have a rival in map-making?
What do you hate the most about making maps?
If you were a God for a day, what would you do?

Just so you know, you can skip these questions if you like.

Thanks for answering my questions but there's more coming.

Are you good friends with Pedguin?
What's your favorite game?
You're most hated enemy?
Do you have a rival in map-making?
What do you hate the most about making maps?
If you were a God for a day, what would you do?

Just so you know, you can skip these questions if you like.

I am good friends with Pedguin, I have talked with him a lot outside of streams and playing Terraria.

My favourite game is Terraria no question, though I do not think it the most well made game or even close to it, it just goes well with my personal taste. It'd be hard for me to choose the most well made game or my second favourite game/game series, it'd probably a choice between Spelunky, Mario Kart and Advanced Wars.

Do you mean my most hated enemy in Terraria? Well the one that gives me the most trouble is probably the spiked jungle slime.

I have no rivals in map making, I don't think I ever have had one. Back in the day in the Odyssey PvP community there were a few different groups of people of who made PvP maps, there was not much rivalry but not much cooperation between groups either. That was mainly in the early days of 1.1, now though people in the community get along well. There is no community for adventure map makers though. I have been working with some friends on some adventure maps though, we see each other as partners/equal rather than rivals.

Doing boring wiring, often between 100s of teleporters or something else silly which requires lots of wires is very boring. But even worse is placing items in chests, the biggest problem is that the chest system in TEdit is horrible and if you have a lot of items to place it gets frustrating. TEdit is a free program though, I can't blame them for not perfecting the program.

If I was a God I'd probably try to do as much as I could to benefit myself and the world. I have no idea how being a God would work so I have no idea how I would go about doing it. Get rid of diseases, create advanced technology, a perfect world with endless resources, endless bliss for everyone, whatever I'd be able to do.

Perfect answers!

What is your favorite about map-making?
Favorite food?
What do you think about the new video featuring steam integration?
If your suggestion about an item/s in Terraria will be implemented, what item/s is it?

Perfect answers!

What is your favorite about map-making?
Favorite food?
What do you think about the new video featuring steam integration?
If your suggestion about an item/s in Terraria will be implemented, what item/s is it?

The best part is when I come up with a unique or creative idea and manage to pull it off well. It doesn't happen often but it's a great feeling when I pull it off.

It's hard for me to choose a favourite food but I'd have to choose some sort of meat, probably a red meat.

Not much, I don't like to go too much into spoilers, but the steam integration looks like it could be very very useful, I have had too many people asking me for help setting up a server.

Perhaps an item that gives permanent god mode and other hax. It wouldn't be very balanced at all but just for personal use, not caring about how it would affect others experience, it would be super useful for me.

Haha

Do you play Pokemon?
What are the rules of the Internet that you know?
Any allergies?
Pets?
Favorite pet?
What consoles/handhelds do you have?

Haha

Do you play Pokemon?
What are the rules of the Internet that you know?
Any allergies?
Pets?
Favorite pet?
What consoles/handhelds do you have?

I haven't played it in a few years but I have played it in the past, I got into a lot during generation 4. It is fun but nothing I want to spend a lot of time on now.

I can remember rules 1, 2, 34 and 35, probably the most well known ones, especially 34. If you see the rule 34 site for Terraria there are a lot of hilarious pictures.

No allergies, that I know of.

No pets either, never really had any proper pets.

My favourite pet in Terraria is probably the Tiki Spirit, it's pretty cute.

I have a DS and a wii which must be getting on for 8-10 years old, I had a gamecube and gameboy advanced before as well. I haven't played too many video games really.

Back
Top Bottom