HOIK! [Guide] - Rapid Player/NPC/Etc Transport Using Only Sloped Tiles.

I have made it a fully functional good fish farm on iOS!
That's pretty impressive (since I can't hack mobile controls at all, and you're missing loads of build elements). I'd not even gotten around to testing goldfish on hoiks yet, heh. Good to know they work. There's been interest in the jellyfish hoiks elsewhere too. I think I must have missed a trick with these, they are pretty weird-cool...

The hoiks are actually pretty good, but sadly, on Android version they are Mechanic-tier (Actuators is avabible only from Mechanic).
You could make very good prank - if server doesn't have banned hurting blocks, you make long right hoik from these blocks, blocks suffoficate players, then lead to lava pool. (Long down hoik is required)

So in mobile I decided to try to find a way to get a hoik working without using wiring...
Just an FYI, the block arrangement is the bottom block of that part of the hoik is a half block, and 2 absences of a block above it,above that, a slope facing left and a regular block above it.

Ooo, great find @DestroyerArcher! Another solid state way to mount a hoik, using the combined glitchiness of a slope and a half block! :D On PC I find that I can't seem to get a smooth insertion like you show in your video. I get in ok, but then have to ease over to the left for several seconds before popping into the horizontal hoik. I also had to remove the 3 blocks directly to the left, as shown below. I don't know if this is due to a slight physics tweak in the latest patches, or I'm just missing something...
Terraria 2015-01-13 14-20-12-49.jpg

You could use this as a good up hoik mount though, since it's flat against the wall and harder to accidentally walk into. I'll add it to my guide, up top, when I get the chance. :)

Note that you mobile/console people should also be able to use the "insanely fast elevator" mounting setup, pre-wiring. e.g. Diagram 1 Figure 1, Diagram 3 Figure D:
Mobile Solid Mount Options.png

D could use waist height top hoik as shown, or go straight into a head height for double horizontal speed.

Sorry for having deleted the previous videos, because i think the infinite explosions bug is a kind of "you shouldn't have this" thing. but i made another video for compensation, it is about platform, i don't know whether you know it, but i think it is worth a visit.:)

Well now if they weren't gonna patch hoiking they may do it now lolz...but definitely nice find going to make a few things with this immediately

This is the ghost wall glitch - ZeroGravitas showcased it in his video already :).

In fact, I use it in some of my builds - for instance, I use it in my most recent build, the slot machine. Here's an example:

yLRiCBl.jpg

This is a state-checker mechanism that checks to see if the player got three symbols to match. Three skeletons are spawned from the statues on the left, and they move through the ghost wall to enter the hoik tracks.

The ghost wall can be achieved with hammered platforms or actuated hoik teeth that point in a direction opposite to the wall.

This is the ghost wall glitch - ZeroGravitas showcased it in his video already :).

In fact, I use it in some of my builds - for instance, I use it in my most recent build, the slot machine. Here's an example:

yLRiCBl.jpg

This is a state-checker mechanism that checks to see if the player got three symbols to match. Three skeletons are spawned from the statues on the left, and they move through the ghost wall to enter the hoik tracks.

The ghost wall can be achieved with hammered platforms or actuated hoik teeth that point in a direction opposite to the wall.
thanks to tell me about this, i think i should watch your viedos carefully later:)
[DOUBLEPOST=1425471384][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well now if they weren't gonna patch hoiking they may do it now lolz...but definitely nice find going to make a few things with this immediately
i really hope they don't patch the hoik bugs.

thanks to tell me about this, i think i should watch your viedos carefully:)
[DOUBLEPOST=1425471384][/DOUBLEPOST]
i really hope they don't patch the hoik bugs.
Agreed...and never thought to use the platforms as a hoik for the ghost wall...but it makes a good sub for new worlds and characters when the dont habe access to the mechanic

yLRiCBl.jpg

by the way, do you have broke you previous record of frost moon final wave by using the new method ?;)

You mean with explosives? Haven't had the time yet but I'm eager to try! :)
in my experiences, it can improve about 40-60 seconds to reach the final wave, but don't abuse it(only sometimes), don't forget to tell me how far you can go after you try;)

I forgot to put the menacing...for now after it lolz...they mah make it so it doesnt work on players so as to keep the mechanisms feasible but disallow the usage of hoiks to circumvent the temple door

Edit: Confirmed to not work on xbox i guess we missing alot more than i thought

Last edited:
So i searched for the chest on top of landmine/explosives bug that @Gandalf K posted about but to no avail i wish to utilize it in the arena i have recreated...its like it was removed from the Internet entirely

it is about platform, I don't know whether you know it
Yeah, the "Ghost wall" could really do with it's own full length video and separate guide thread, since some players have been conflating it with hoiks when I consider it a separate 'feature'.

It's been in many of my hoik videos since my second one where I used actuated sloped platforms to make a one-way wall for a skeleton loading mechanisn, much as Diceman showed above. I have explained the process of making ghost walls in at least two videos, later on.

Like the end of your latest video, @Gandalf K , I used sloped platforms on the temple door, and posted it up on the temple breaking thread on the old forum, back in July last yeah, apparently (yikes, time's flown by!):
KmebxCF.jpg

its like it was removed from the Internet entirely
That hasn't exactly been publicised. Maybe if you start from the thread comment with the redacted videos...

Back
Top Bottom