Mobile Hoik powered mushroom farm.

ZephaniahNoah

Terrarian
This is an easy to use mushroom farm I made in Terraria Mobile that uses hoiks to move the items to one place. It also spawns a bunny which perfectly times when the items need to be brought up.
P.S. Sry for cheesy sfx :p

Last edited:
Nice. I only learned abt hoiks after i switched to mobile and i never messed with them enough. I tried to use them in a farm for pumpkin/frost moon but i did it wrong. I recently thought abt trying again and you are using the same method i was thinking of.
[doublepost=1465729191,1465728884][/doublepost]It would be really cool if they added a way to dump ground items into chests (think minecraft hoppers) Then farms could be made fully auto.

Oh yes! That would be a dream come true. I am currently working on a jungle farm like this. I will post it here when it is finished.

Ikr. Tho i gotta mess with hoiks more today. I could really amp up my farms. So long as i don't get mobs thrown at me. (I don't do crop farms lol i do event/boss)

Oh btw (off topic but) have you tried getting the living fire block yet in mobile?

Finally figured them out lol. I had them once and built a pumpkin/frost moon arena with it but i was pushing items into the ground for some reason. But now i have a better plan for it. (Since the way i want will fling mobs)

theres a section in the forum for these kind of things labeled "Guides" in the mobile in game support section.

If i had my tablet i would. It's really not hard. You just have to use a slow hammer. The slower the better! I hate tring to hammer blocks. Am i one of 2 people that thinks they need a select shape option?

If i had my tablet i would. It's really not hard. You just have to use a slow hammer. The slower the better! I hate tring to hammer blocks. Am i one of 2 people that thinks they need a select shape option?
Amen! Also I meant as a whole though. I just can't figure it out (hoiking).
I know how to clip through blocks with it though lol.

Ok. Then tell me what item you want to hoik and direction to hoik it.

Theres 4 tiers of items to be hoiked. Hased on sprite size. Player and player hight mobs (like zombies) are tier 3. Left or right hoiks must be set up a certain way (depending on items up to 5 blocks tall).you'll understand size pretty quick. I still need to mess around to figure out the best hoik styles. After this post i found upward slopes work best for left or right hoiks.

I'll go into detail if you let me know what items your after (or events)

Ok. Then tell me what item you want to hoik and direction to hoik it.

Theres 4 tiers of items to be hoiked. Hased on sprite size. Player and player hight mobs (like zombies) are tier 3. Left or right hoiks must be set up a certain way (depending on items up to 5 blocks tall).you'll understand size pretty quick. I still need to mess around to figure out the best hoik styles. After this post i found upward slopes work best for left or right hoiks.

I'll go into detail if you let me know what items your after (or events)
I'm trying player hoiks, which I have a fair understanding of. However, idk how to connect them to make loops and similar things.

So you want a hoik to throw you around in one direction then switch? (Please list path you want dorrections and turns. and I'll see what i can do

Ok i think i know which you mean now. I was thinking that might be what you ment. Really he shows 2 ways to make left on roofs and right on the ground. I could build you one but what i think your issue is this, the soild boarders the floor roof and right wall are needed. With how a down hoik works no wall is needed. (I perfer the TCF version of this post over the TO one. The TO doesnt load properly on mobile anyway. Idk if this device will actually give me a screenshot. I was thinking of making a practical usage explanation showing the better player hoiks. (Fewer blocks) including a helivator usage. (Tho really in a helivator I'd recommend up being stair pillar as you could actually get off at a level while also having a down hoik for downward speed boost.

Either way I'll mess around and see what i can do.
If you would like I'll show a helivator design as well. (Pending i can actually get a screenshot on this thing)

Also here is the TCF hoik page: http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...c-etc-transport-using-only-sloped-tiles.1656/

Update: almost done currently having a small bug with down hoik a d am trying to do this without wires.. my device is to hot and refuses to let me continue however. I made a slight difference from his design and will try to fix it soon

Last edited:
Okay. What I had in mind is some of the stuff I saw on ZeroGravitas hoik thread. A hoik loop.http://www.google.com/url?q=http://...7mKNGA&usg=AFQjCNF2EgVr4bIUnfSdXEHHcASm2BExdw
Something like that.
I regret to inform you, after multiple attempts and rebuilds, a hoik loop can't be made. (This was actually my first time doing a player based hoik before i have only done items) but it appears down hoiks are broken. When you reach the downward hoik you are blasted through and even hefty walls in the way didn't work
. I'm sry, i have failed to make a loop due to this issue.

I regret to inform you, after multiple attempts and rebuilds, a hoik loop can't be made. (This was actually my first time doing a player based hoik before i have only done items) but it appears down hoiks are broken. When you reach the downward hoik you are blasted through and even hefty walls in the way didn't work
. I'm sry, i have failed to make a loop due to this issue.
Okay so that wasn't just me? I thought that was because I just didn't get it. All my loops shot me straight past the down hoik. Good to know. Maybe incorporate teleporters to make up for it

Maybe. You should have said that was the issue. Only other idea i have is try to mirror the whole thing and see if it works (flipping all slopes and sides)

Back
Top Bottom