Hoik won't work

Minishark

Terrarian
So I tried to do a hoik for expert mode to fight EoC easily, but for some reason it just wont move me to the left to do the loop, here is an image
image_2021-09-11_131952.png

I'm no expert in hoik technology, far from it (you should ask in T-MEC for that) But as far as I understand it, the tile that is supposed to lead you to the left (the one on the top right of this image, right?) has a flat top surfaces, and therefore tries to displace you upwards.
If you block that side, it should work, in theory... maybe... I haven't tried something like that yet.:D

What I meant was, instead of posting this in PC-Support, you should have posted it in the T-MEC sub-forum.

I have seen the guide you mentioned by the way, and a quick look at the graphic they have there regarding hoik loops shows that your upper row and your right row is set up wrong.
The tiles of the upwards hoik should have the slopes face to the top right, and the tiles of the hoik that moves you left (the upper left one is already facing the right way) should have the slopes face to the top left.
You should also move the upper left row of tiles above the upper right one, not the other way around.

Again, I don't understand precisely how that works, so if anyone more experienced than I can correct me, that would be great.

What I meant was, instead of posting this in PC-Support, you should have posted it in the T-MEC sub-forum.

I have seen the guide you mentioned by the way, and a quick look at the graphic they have there regarding hoik loops shows that your upper row and your right row is set up wrong.
The tiles of the upwards hoik should have the slopes face to the top right, and the tiles of the hoik that moves you left (the upper left one is already facing the right way) should have the slopes face to the top left.
You should also move the upper left row of tiles above the upper right one, not the other way around.

Again, I don't understand precisely how that works, so if anyone more experienced than I can correct me, that would be great.
Sorry, I forgot to mention it worked before your reply, also thanks for trying to help me :D

I couldn't fix my hoik after hammering and doing everything I could to fix my hoik, it won't move to the right, here is an image about my problem, replicate if you need to.
image_2021-09-13_185907.png

Basically the problem is that you aren't blocking the direction that you don't want to go. When you are inside an angled block, it wants to move you in two directions. (example, you want to move right with the hoik) well one of the corners faces right, and another faces down, so it tries to move you to the right AND down. so you need to block the down movement with regular blocks, which you have only partially done, and that is why it doesn't work. and those blocks that move you up into the right facing hoik? Block the left, since that is where the second point faces, and where it also wants to move you.

Basically the problem is that you aren't blocking the direction that you don't want to go. When you are inside an angled block, it wants to move you in two directions. (example, you want to move right with the hoik) well one of the corners faces right, and another faces down, so it tries to move you to the right AND down. so you need to block the down movement with regular blocks, which you have only partially done, and that is why it doesn't work. and those blocks that move you up into the right facing hoik? Block the left, since that is where the second point faces, and where it also wants to move you.
I saw this comment as you posted it, sorry for replying late, but can you show an example please :)

You get a specific chromebook that basically is in your care for the school year.
You get to bring it home, and have to make sure thet you don't damage it, and make sure that it's charged, etc

But did my words from earlier help you with your hoik?

You get a specific chromebook that basically is in your care for the school year.
You get to bring it home, and have to make sure thet you don't damage it, and make sure that it's charged, etc

But did my words from earlier help you with your hoik?
No, sadly.

Back
Top Bottom